Author Topic: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?  (Read 1459 times)

Okka

Re: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
This is what will happen. Conan will leave and Leno will get his tonight show bacc.

Now that's fucked up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »
Why would anyone watch Letterman? that show is just awkward.

Because I find his show and him funny. It's a lot edgier and more subtle. I also find the content funnier. Jay says a lot of things that aren't really funny in a way that makes people think it's funny. It's comes across as very phony and uninspired.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »

Because I find his show and him funny. It's a lot edgier and more subtle. I also find the content funnier. Jay says a lot of things that aren't really funny in a way that makes people think it's funny. It's comes across as very phony and uninspired.
what about the way letterman confessed to cheating on his wife, kind of a slimeball move

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »

what about the way letterman confessed to cheating on his wife, kind of a slimeball move

That made him a G, he owned the blackmailers lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »

Cheating on his wife, or confessing to it? The cheating wasn't very nice, but the confessing was admirable. Either way, no skin off my back. I just like the dude's art. Don't care what kind of person he is.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
Tiger should have busted a Letterman and come clean.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »
damn i thought you were talkin bout a real war at first...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »

Cheating on his wife, or confessing to it? The cheating wasn't very nice, but the confessing was admirable. Either way, no skin off my back. I just like the dude's art. Don't care what kind of person he is.
i agree with you about that, what an artist does does not impact how i view his art (like michael richards saying nigger), however, considering he used his show to tell his wife he was cheating on her, and made a joke of it, dick move

on a side not, watched the intro to the leno show today, wow, so NOT funny, not even remotely

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

i agree with you about that, what an artist does does not impact how i view his art (like michael richards saying nigger), however, considering he used his show to tell his wife he was cheating on her, and made a joke of it, dick move

on a side not, watched the intro to the leno show today, wow, so NOT funny, not even remotely

I didn't realize the wife found out that way. From what I've read the affair may not have happened while he was married. The girl in question wasn't even a part of the plot. The facts aren't in. But even if it did happen the way you said it I'd still watch Dave over Leno every night.

Not sure I'm on board with the Kramer example. Richards was trying to do shock humor, and failed miserably. What Dave may have done to his wife is a real insult with cowardly intent. That's closer to liking the Beatles despite Lennon being a piece of shit to his first wife and kids.

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
I like how Conan is handling this. Just taking a nice big shit all over NBC and Leno, but in an entertainign manner. WHich is why he is getting more ratings.

Leno, on the other hand, is trying to play the victim on his shitty show, and the ratings show how believable people find it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »
LOL Jimmy Kimmel just ethered Leno on his own damn show. Too funny.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »
I didn't realize the wife found out that way. From what I've read the affair may not have happened while he was married. The girl in question wasn't even a part of the plot. The facts aren't in. But even if it did happen the way you said it I'd still watch Dave over Leno every night.

Not sure I'm on board with the Kramer example. Richards was trying to do shock humor, and failed miserably. What Dave may have done to his wife is a real insult with cowardly intent. That's closer to liking the Beatles despite Lennon being a piece of shit to his first wife and kids.
i just meant in general, and where i agree with you, like i wouldnt watch the show Letterman any differently (despite how i feel), and i wouldnt watch seinfeld any differently, and i wouldnt listen to beatles any diff, etc.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 06:58:04 AM »
© Retna Ltd.
Rosie O'Donnell
O'Donnell says it's time for Leno to step aside
Jan. 14, 2010, 8:59 PM EST

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Rosie O'Donnell says it's time for Jay Leno to step away from late night and not try to flatten the tires of Conan O'Brien.

NBC is seeking to move Leno into his old 11:35 p.m. "Tonight" show time slot and push O'Brien past midnight again.

O'Brien is balking at the move after only seven months at "Tonight," and a negotiated exit from NBC seems likely.

Also: Is Jay Leno late-night's new villain?

O'Donnell says she was a huge fan of O'Brien. She used the metaphor of a bus driver who should hand over the keys to a new guy, saying: "Pass the keys to the new guy with red hair and not try to flatten his tires before he even gets going."

She was asked her opinion on the late-night fights while in town to promote an HBO documentary.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The Watcher

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 06:17:58 AM »
looks like Conan is gone from NBC and will get a $30-40 million payout once it's all signed

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/15/done-deal-conan-out-for-30-million-payout
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
LOL Jimmy Kimmel just ethered Leno on his own damn show. Too funny.

LOL, i saw.

Kimmel is a GOD! ;D