Author Topic: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?  (Read 1444 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
i feel bad for the 200 staff workers on the conan show.  they moved from NY to LA and now they getting fucked in the ass with no type of lube.  ouch.  

i wonder if conan will give em a piece of that 40MM...

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sparegeez

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 04:55:49 PM »
i feel bad for the 200 staff workers on the conan show.  they moved from NY to LA and now they getting fucked in the ass with no type of lube.  ouch.  

maybe they'll move on to his next show?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »

I don't think it wa sthat many. The only people that would have moved were the ones makign enough money to warratn a move across the country. Writers, directors etc.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »
Conan went out with so much class.... NBC Fucked up... When Conan comes back i think he has won over an even bigger following than before.

Okka

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »
Has Conan commented on what he's goin' to be doin' next?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 11:10:12 AM »
LOL KIMMEL KILLED IT! :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/UKZ1lMtd2NE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/UKZ1lMtd2NE</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 11:18:32 AM »
LOL KIMMEL KILLED IT! :laugh:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/UKZ1lMtd2NE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/UKZ1lMtd2NE</a>

That was classic.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »
is leno really a "bad guy" in all of this?  i mean, i heard that if nbc wanted to get rid of leno they would of had to pay him $100MM+....to kill off conan it was only $45MM.  there was no way they were going to get rid of em both, even they both sucked balls in the ratings, so they took the cheaper route to try and salvage their network. 

nbc is the one fucking up, leno and conan were just caught in the middle. 

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
is leno really a "bad guy" in all of this?  i mean, i heard that if nbc wanted to get rid of leno they would of had to pay him $100MM+....to kill off conan it was only $45MM.  there was no way they were going to get rid of em both, even they both sucked balls in the ratings, so they took the cheaper route to try and salvage their network. 

Who do you think put that 100M clause in the contract?  Leno knew his show was going to fail, and he knew that Conan starting off wasn't going to do well vs Letterman.  And Leno back in the day let his manager do all the work, which included some shady shit that eventually forced Johnny Carson out. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »

Who do you think put that 100M clause in the contract?  Leno knew his show was going to fail, and he knew that Conan starting off wasn't going to do well vs Letterman.  And Leno back in the day let his manager do all the work, which included some shady shit that eventually forced Johnny Carson out. 

are you saying conan knew he would fail, too?  since he had the same thing in his contract?  i dont think anyone went into this saying "oh, i know im going to fail".  they put that in their contract to protect themselves.  if neither of them had it nbc probably would have fired both of them. 

if i had a job with any type of contract then i would put something like that in my contract, too.  youd be stupid not to.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »

If Carson wanted to be aggressive he could have shut all of that down. In the end it was Letterman's lack of obedience that did him in and good for him. Leno will always been seen as the guy that could never fill Johnny's shoes. Letterman and now Conan will be wearing their own shoes.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »
Conan deserves that clause because of the fact that he is the host of the Tonight Show.  Leno decided to be a bitch and again come before Conan, he has no class.  He didn't have class when he had a bitch running shit for him, he was a classless ballsless person back then, and he is still is now.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »

If Carson wanted to be aggressive he could have shut all of that down. In the end it was Letterman's lack of obedience that did him in and good for him. Leno will always been seen as the guy that could never fill Johnny's shoes. Letterman and now Conan will be wearing their own shoes.

That's true, now there will be 3 giants at 11:35, assuming Conan gets it there with FOX.  NBC's duo of Leno and Fallon is horrible lol.  Anytime I'm watching tv that late, Ferguson has been the preferred choice. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
Conan deserves that clause because of the fact that he is the host of the Tonight Show.  Leno decided to be a bitch and again come before Conan, he has no class.  He didn't have class when he had a bitch running shit for him, he was a classless ballsless person back then, and he is still is now.  

lol what?  most people with a contract, or high level positions, show business or not, have a golden parachute in their contract.  it has nothing to do with how you view someone, its simply there for protection.  that clause has nothing to do with being sneeky or any shit like that.  its just business.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »
Creating a new show to come on before Conan was the bitch move.  If Conan knew Leno was going to be this way after agreeing to step down on the Tonight Show, Conan would have left early and all of this mess wouldn't exist.