Author Topic: I'm not gonna lie my friends, I'm a bit worried over my Celtics lately  (Read 358 times)

OG Hack Wilson

we just lost back to back's in Orlando and Atlanta...before KG came back we were on a losing steak as well.

now, i know KG isstill  adjusting to coming back from his injury, but he REALLY has to improve if we want to win the east this year.

Not so worried about cleveland or orlando, but Atlanta is too athletic for us.  Jamal Crawford is easily the best 6th man I've ever fucking seen....26 points last night off the bench!  48 between him and JJ

the different between the Hawks of the past 2 years and the Hawks NOW is that they have an automatic15+ points coming off the bench each night...something Boston never had to deal with against past Hawks teams.

Atlanta is scary this year.

the game against Orlando was just a horrible 4th quarter of play...we still match up well against them in the long run.  but Atlanta?? no.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: I'm not gonna lie my friends, I'm a bit worried over my Celtics lately
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
whose the last team to go 82-0?

teams are going to lose games; it just matters if you lose them in the playoffs.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »

teams are going to lose games; it just matters if you lose them in the playoffs.

C'mon Cham you know better than that. If a good team loses to anyone during the regular season it means they're fucked, it's science really.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »

C'mon Cham you know better than that. If a good team loses to anyone during the regular season it means they're fucked, it's science really.

i always sucked at science; i guess that's why i can't see it. :-\

poor Celtics.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
we are not your friends

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
we are not your friends
your not -  cuz im not down with the fag clan

but chamil is the homie

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
hey chamil get on aim son

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »
yea the C's definitely seem more vulnerable lately than they have in the last few seasons.  Right now the two best teams in the east are the Cavs and Hawks IMO.

sprite

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
Celtics should be happy they won in 2008

there was an article in the paper about how before that season the city of Boston didn't even remember there was an NBA team the C's were so wack

the ride is over my man, this squad isn't gonna get it done anymore against the elite teams

Ray Allen and KG are on a rapid decline.... Rondo is a monster, and Pierce can still play.... the bench is weak as well

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
biggie said your reign on top was short like a leprechaun ;D

faggot

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »
Celtics should be happy they won in 2008

there was an article in the paper about how before that season the city of Boston didn't even remember there was an NBA team the C's were so wack

the ride is over my man, this squad isn't gonna get it done anymore against the elite teams

Ray Allen and KG are on a rapid decline.... Rondo is a monster, and Pierce can still play.... the bench is weak as well

there have always been dieahrd C's fans, but certainly not as many of the fairweather ones existed before 2007-08

tracy mcgrady says the 07-08 celtics was the best defense he ever faced in the NBA.  that says something since he's been in the league awhile and played all those old Piston teams

sprite

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
it is what it is man.... they had a good run

Celtics fans (and analysts) need to get over the "we need KG healthy" - it's just not gonna happen, and it's not THAT good of an excuse

he's not in his 20's, he can't recover from these past 2 injury riddled seasons and go back to how he was, this is what happens when players age

especially since it's knees and legs, your most important assets in basketball, and a guy like Garnett who's used to flying high

the Celtics have a good enough team to win without KG playing so well, all that stupid talk is selling themselves short

Paul Pierce needs to check his own leadership, being in the league for what, 12-13 years?

he and Ray Allen as vets should be insulted that everyone says they're nothing without Garnett....

like I said it's a tired excuse for them, they need to stop living in the past (2 years ago) and start doing what they can, not rely on him to anchor their D  :P

defense is about the team, not one guy....

him being out last year (a title defense year) was more than a legitimate excuse for why they couldn't live up to expectations, this year is a different story

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:56:14 PM by sprite »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 01:14:06 PM »
But the ball didn't bounce Boston's way, and January ended with the Celtics having a losing month (6-8) for the first time since the Big Three took shape back in the summer of 2007.