Author Topic: 8Ball & MJG To Release New Album!!‏ (All Info Inside)  (Read 120 times)

Lunatic

8Ball & MJG To Release New Album!!‏ (All Info Inside)
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
PUSH MANAGEMENT/GRAND HUSTLE/E1 MUSIC TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM BY MEMPHIS HIP HOP DUO 8BALL AND MJG

TEN TOES DOWN TO BE RELEASED ON APRIL 6TH, 2010

(New York, NY) –Push Management/Grand Hustle/E1 Music is happy to announce the release of Ten Toes Down, the highly anticipated new album by Memphis legends 8Ball & MJG. The album will be released on Push Management/Grand Hustle/E1 Music on April 6th, 2010.

Grand Hustle co-founder and hip hop icon T.I. states, “I’m happy to be working with America’s #1 independent, E1 Music.”

Ten Toes Down features Snoop Dogg, T.I., Bun B, David Banner, Young Dro with production by Frank Nitti of Nitti Beats, Drumma Boy, David Banner, Nard & B, and Mo B. Dick.

A video for the title track was just shot by director Gabriel Hart, and will be serviced shortly.  Some behind the scenes footage can be seen here:  .

Ever since the duo’s 1993 successful debut, “Comin’ Hard,” 8Ball & MJG have been at the forefront of the southern rap movement.  They went on to release 11 albums, several of which went gold.  Their 2004 Livin Legends album peaked at #3 on the Billboard Top 200.  The duo later teamed up with Three 6 Mafia for the latter’s hit single “Stay Fly,” which brought both Memphis groups much success.

Grand Hustle’s Jason Geter comments, “T.I and I were thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Ball & Gee from the very beginning. We've both been fans, and this new album is classic Ball & Gee material & we're excited for the world to hear it.”               

8Ball adds, “Ten Toes Down, in my opinion, is one of the best 8Ball & MJG albums ever. It's a heart-felt, soul-filled, portion of the lives of 8Ball & MJG. 8Ball & MJG sounds and feels like 8Ball & MJG on this album 4sho!"     

Dewayne "Duprano" Martin, CEO, Push Management says, “The 8Ball & MJG / PUSH Management / E1 Music /Grand Hustle partnership is all about bringing the Urban Legends' music back to the streets.”

E1 Music President Alan Grunblatt adds, “I’m thrilled to work with 8Ball & MJG again.  E1 and Grand Hustle will be unstoppable.”

Links to the title track “Ten Toes Down:”

Explicit
Streaming Link: http://kochent.edgeboss.net/qtime/kochent/8ballandmjg/tentoesdown_explicit.mov

Clean
Streaming Link: http://kochent.edgeboss.net/qtime/kochent/8ballandmjg/tentoesdown_clean.mov

Links to new single “Bring It Back” feat. Young Dro:

Explicit
Streaming Link: http://kochent.edgeboss.net/qtime/kochent/8ballandmjg/bringitback_explicit.mov

Clean
Streaming Link: http://kochent.edgeboss.net/qtime/kochent/8ballandmjg/bringitback_clean.mov

For more information, go to:  www.e1music.us.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Portugoal

Re: 8Ball & MJG To Release New Album!!‏ (All Info Inside)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
just seeing the name Young Dro at the end of the article makes me not wanna read this

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »
the video for "Ten Toes Down" drops this Monday too

can't wait for this one, I know it will be better than the last album

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »
And E1 means it'll actually come out!  ;)

Ten Toes Down is dope

now I need my Ball/G classic interview  8)

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:09 AM »
And E1 means it'll actually come out!  ;)

word... that's what I was thinking

had T.I. not gone to jail though I wonder if B.G.'s and this album would still release off Grand Hustle/Atlantic with no E1 involved

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
Good news, I been bumpin the shit out 10 toes down, it beats hard. They were on the cover of the Source a while ago with TI, hope he does better than bad boy did.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
Good news, I been bumpin the shit out 10 toes down, it beats hard. They were on the cover of the Source a while ago with TI, hope he does better than bad boy did.
T.I. won't fuck with their creative control aka the music they wanna make, where-as Bad Boy definitely did (especially on their last/final bad boy album)

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
Living Legends was a solid album IMO but Ridin' High was definitely a step down... but it still had 9-10 dope or decent tracks, also a few wack ones that I'm sure 8Ball and MJG weren't exactly at fault for

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
Living Legends was a solid album IMO but Ridin' High was definitely a step down... but it still had 9-10 dope or decent tracks, also a few wack ones that I'm sure 8Ball and MJG weren't exactly at fault for
Ya, I really liked Livin' Legends but Ridin' High had hit/miss. Some dope, some wack tracks.