Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Nipsey Hussle On "We Are The World"  (Read 764 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Dogg & Nipsey Hussle On "We Are The World"
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
Goddamn I counted over 80 people participating

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
Its always nice to see unity, but I'm not looking forward to this at all. Michael is probably rolling over in his grave.

Why ?  ??? because most of these artists are good for nothing on their own ? i dont see why lol someone please explain.

QuietTruth, the only reason why i'd see mike turning in his grave is because he heard that new Khaled joint with Shyne spittin like a delinquent rapper. hahah (sorry for bringing that up, i still cant believe it :P)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
Its all publicity.. I wonder why some denied to be in this, since its to help the peeps in Haiti, at the same time im wondering why didnt they do a brand new song,  anyway Props to Quincy, Lionel and Wyclef Jean, to me its bigger than a remake, its to help a country that needs help!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:31 PM »
Its always nice to see unity, but I'm not looking forward to this at all. Michael is probably rolling over in his grave.

Why ?  ??? because most of these artists are good for nothing on their own ? i dont see why lol someone please explain.

QuietTruth, the only reason why i'd see mike turning in his grave is because he heard that new Khaled joint with Shyne spittin like a delinquent rapper. hahah (sorry for bringing that up, i still cant believe it :P)

Cuz they murdering his record. They put fuckin' rappers on it??   :-X

Yeah that's true too.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
Its all publicity.. I wonder why some denied to be in this, since its to help the peeps in Haiti, at the same time im wondering why didnt they do a brand new song,  anyway Props to Quincy, Lionel and Wyclef Jean, to me its bigger than a remake, its to help a country that needs help!

I saw a short clip of Quincy talking about it actually, and they were wondering whether to write another song or to redo this one, and Quincy and Latoya (Jackson) said that this song had a great importance to Michael since when we would usually write, he would be very cheerful, but when they were writing this song, him and lionel were in a very serious mindstate. He also said that Michael wanted to get as many people as he could on it, so to have it redone, with the next generation of artists is something that michael would have liked to see happen. Also he said, if they had made another song, people would have compared its lyrics to We are the world, so they decided that they might as well keep this song.

But yes, i agree.. there is certainly a bit of publicity, but hey, if that's what its  gonna take then so be it. If people need to see their idols reacting in such a big way to what happened in haiti, the people will be more inclinded to get involved, and help however they can. In my opinion.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

Cuz they murdering his record. They put fuckin' rappers on it??   :-X

Yeah that's true too.

I agree about the rapper part lol. But we should be one to judge before even hearing the record. I know for sure LL, Wil.I.Am, Foxx Clef, Kanye and even drake (with voice correction ;D, à la Best I ever had) can sing well.
Busta can come on point too im sure. just listen to I know what you want with mariah. Snoop has an aight voice for singing. I'Ve heard him sing some James brown and ray charles on various clips from i dont know where. It shouldnt be that bad. If Game or Buck would have been on this record, that would have been a bumer cause for sure they cant sing...which leads to be intrigued by what Nipsey Did lol. but besides that, im confident it will come out well..

Any of y'All heard the preview ? Did you guys hear Celine Dione murk Cindy Lopers' part ? What do you think of it? share your thoughts on the beat as well ..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
This was a gay ass decision. Record a fuckin' new song, esp. if you wanna put some rappers in there. Please my nigga, I don't know, I ain't tryin' to hear rappers try and sing, lol. I just feel sad for Michael's legacy.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »
This was a gay ass decision. Record a fuckin' new song, esp. if you wanna put some rappers in there. Please my nigga, I don't know, I ain't tryin' to hear rappers try and sing, lol. I just feel sad for Michael's legacy.

Yes its a damn shame but at the same time we cannot hate until we hear the final product,

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »

Lol i feel u bruh.  But I doubt Lionel and Especially Quincy, being the fussy musical director he is, would let those cats in if it ruined it. But i see your point. But since quincy is involved, i'll wait to hear it  before i start to hate on it :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:09:32 PM by The.Ultimate.Pianist »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »

Lol i feel u bruh.  But I doubt Lionel and Especially Quincy, being the fussy musical director he is, would let those cats in if it ruined it. But i see your point. But since quincy is involved, i'll wait before hearing it to hate on it :P

Lionel seems too much of a humble guy to say no. But yeah I feel that. No idea what Quincy thinkin'.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »
Lets focus on the cause people!!!

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »

Lol i feel u bruh.  But I doubt Lionel and Especially Quincy, being the fussy musical director he is, would let those cats in if it ruined it. But i see your point. But since quincy is involved, i'll wait before hearing it to hate on it :P

Lionel seems too much of a humble guy to say no. But yeah I feel that. No idea what Quincy thinkin'.

Think Positive !! lol.

Maybe Quincy is suffering from Dr. Dre syndrome. You know, being praised as the greatest, and then just starts making stupid ass decisions. Let's drop Bishop. EM, keep the accent, i love it etc etc. lmao. im just messing around..

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
People are hating on this project, but i think it's a good way to get the younger generations involved. And from the previews we have heard, i think RedOne did a good job with the track. Celine Dion's on point to lol. She killed Cyndy Lauper's part. For a fan of many genres of music like me, it's pretty exciting to see all these people together in a studio. I mean damn, Bone thungs, Snoop, Tony braxton, Trey Songz, Lady Gaga, Kanye, Lionel, Janet, Kudi, Drake Faith, KERI HILSON   :), Mya, A.R. Rahman, Britney, Will.I.Am, Wayne, Usher, Rob Thomas and Josh Groban all on one track. its pretty dope.
Peep the complete (for now) list of appearances.

Akon
India.Arie
Patti Austin
Tony Bennett
Justin Bieber
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Ethan Bortnick
Brandy
Jeff Bridges
Toni Braxton
Zac Brown
Kristian Bush
Natalie Cole
Harry Connick Jr.
Kid Cudi
Miley Cyrus
Celine Dion
Snoop Dogg
Drake
Earth Wind & Fire
Faith Evans
Melanie Fiona
Jamie Foxx
Sean Garrett
Tyrese Gibson
Josh Groban
Anthony Hamilton
Keri Hilson
Julianne Hough
Jennifer Hudson
Enrique Iglesias
LL Cool J
Janet Jackson
Randy Jackson
Taj Jackson
Taryll Jackson
TJ Jackson
Al Jardine
Joe Jonas
‎Kevin Jonas
Nick Jonas
Rashida Jones
Gladys Knight
Adam Levine
Jimmy Jean-Louis
Benji Madden
Joel Madden
Mary Mary
Katharine McPhee
Jason Mraz
Mưa
Jennifer Nettles
Orianthi
Freda Payne
P!nk
A. R. Rahman
Nicole Richie
Raphael Saadiq
Carlos Santana
Nicole Scherzinger
Isaac Slade
Trey Songz
Musiq Soulchild
Jordin Sparks
Barbra Streisand
T-Pain
Robin Thicke
Rob Thomas
Usher
Vince Vaughn
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Will.i.am
Ann Wilson
Brian Wilson
Nancy Wilson
BeBe Winans
Britney Spears

it's a lot of peeps

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »

Think Positive !! lol.

Maybe Quincy is suffering from Dr. Dre syndrome. You know, being praised as the greatest, and then just starts making stupid ass decisions. Let's drop Bishop. EM, keep the accent, i love it etc etc. lmao. im just messing around..
LOL, maybe though.

We Fly High

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
haha nipsey was not there. nah right and all them are just posting up different rappers in the background. they had one picture with wacka flocka flame in the background too.

So Snoop didnt perform?

snoop did. nipseys not there though. they just photoshopped him in, like this photo.