Poll

would you have liked to see that the Dr.Dre instrumental was used for a different type of song than In Da Club?

yeah i prefer a hardcore type of song for that beat
6 (16.7%)
no, 50 cent's version is perfect for that beat
30 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Poll: did you want the Dr.Dre instrumental to be used for a different song .....  (Read 1329 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
this is one of the biggest, most major singles in Hip Hop history; it's got a club feel to it; who could of done the beat more justice?
do you really think so, or is it because you're used to hearing the 50 cent version?

i mean, if the beat was used for a different song and/or for a different rapper, we would be used to that version :laugh:
50 cent did his thing though, like Matty said.

i didn't necessarily mean "biggest, most major" as in "the greatest"; just in terms of sales & popularity.

& yeah, i guess if someone else used the beat, i could be here saying the same thing about someone else; but the song was sick; great club banger & for a song written for the intentions of the club, not many people could of done it better than 50 did it.

50 was also running with the hype at the time too that factored into the success; i know if Rakim took this beat, it wouldn't matter if he said word for word 50 Cent's bars, i don't feel it would of came close to the amount of success.

Invincible

Rakim passed on Heat and Back Down, not In Da Club, if I remember correctly.

For real? Rakim would of sounded sick over Heat. I can imagine it now.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah for Heat I'm sure. But he didn't know what to do with the beat...

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nah this is 50s beat,nobody elses.This is one of the most prolific singles in the history of rap music.

Hittman2001

Rakim passed on Heat and Back Down, not In Da Club, if I remember correctly.

???
http://www.songwritersuniverse.com/elizondo.htm

Following the tremendous success of The Eminem Show album (which he co-wrote four songs, including the hit “Business”), Elizondo &  Dr. Dre focused on writing with 50 Cent, who had signed a co-venture deal with Eminem’s Shady Records and Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records. The duo co-wrote four songs for his Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ album, including the breakthrough hit, “In Da Club.”

“[Dre & I] actually wrote the track six months before, but the artist we were working on at the time passed on it,” recalled Elizondo. “But we felt strongly about the track, so we stashed it away until we played it for 50 (Cent). He loved it, and he fiercely started writing the lyrics. About an hour later, 50 had written the entire lyric. He came back in the room and started singing (the now famous intro) ‘Go Shorty, it’s your birthday, we’re gonna party like, it’s your birthday’.” Notably, “In Da Club” also turned out to be the first cut which Elizondo received a production credit with Dr. Dre. He is now credited as producer (with Dr. Dre) on all of their cuts together.

also another cool interview about the rich girl song...notice he doesnt mention brooklyn's name

fabtoxicp

it was for D12 originally.
Kon Artis or one of the dudes of the group said so in an interview..

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dre day why is this song so dope?
whats so dope about this song?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

fabtoxicp

the best song on "chronic" and the best dre-song ever IMO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha my bad nah i was askin dre day the member

but why is this song so dope?
im not sayin its wack, but classic? years later the song itself is borin not the album
many men>>>>>in da club  (and obviously many men is slow but damn at least its not borin)
for a club beat its cool but damn its borin

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
this is one of the biggest, most major singles in Hip Hop history; it's got a club feel to it; who could of done the beat more justice?
do you really think so, or is it because you're used to hearing the 50 cent version?

i mean, if the beat was used for a different song and/or for a different rapper, we would be used to that version :laugh:

i didn't necessarily mean "biggest, most major" as in "the greatest"; just in terms of sales & popularity.

& yeah, i guess if someone else used the beat, i could be here saying the same thing about someone else; but the song was sick; great club banger & for a song written for the intentions of the club, not many people could of done it better than 50 did it.

50 was also running with the hype at the time too that factored into the success; i know if Rakim took this beat, it wouldn't matter if he said word for word 50 Cent's bars, i don't feel it would of came close to the amount of success.
i can't picture Rakim on it either :P

im not sayin its wack, but classic? years later the song itself is borin not the album
many men>>>>>in da club  (and obviously many men is slow but damn at least its not borin)

well you've seen the responses in this topic, haven't you  :laugh:
anyway, i thought it was clear that i pointed out that the song isn't that good to me, but quite good - not the best song on the album.
i understand that you don't like it, but why do you think it's boring?

that beat tells a story IMO, it has a lot going on.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its borin cuz it doesnt change up and 50 isnt the most entertainin rapper IMO
that beat is like walkin down a street and the walkin never ends....goin, goin, goin
again on that album its better than blood hound IMo but damn why this is looked at as a classic banger, is crazy to me
any old 50 cent muzik>>>>>>in da club

i can't picture Rakim on it either :P

well you've seen the responses in this topic, haven't you  :laugh:
anyway, i thought it was clear that i pointed out that the song isn't that good to me, but quite good - not the best song on the album.
i understand that you don't like it, but why do you think it's boring?

that beat tells a story IMO, it has a lot going on.

Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
it doesn't change up?
that's not true

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
it doesn't change up?
that's not true

yea, in fact its one of the few hip-hop beats i can think of off the top of my head with a bridge in it, lol.

i think it might even change key on the bridge, which is basically unheard of in hip-hop.

this beat is interesting... cuz i feel like dre tried to re-create it over and over again this decade... and just couldn't get the magic back.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
to each is own but thats one of the borin-est beats ever
yeah it changes up but nuthin drastic and thats expected in all songs where they change up but some change up more than others like HEAT,IF I CANT, POPPIN THEM THANGZ
poppin them thangz= one of the best beats ever  (see all the complications goin on in this song) in da club dont have nuthin
Cube

Jimmy H.

to each is own but thats one of the borin-est beats ever
yeah it changes up but nuthin drastic and thats expected in all songs where they change up but some change up more than others like HEAT,IF I CANT, POPPIN THEM THANGZ
poppin them thangz= one of the best beats ever  (see all the complications goin on in this song) in da club dont have nuthin
Well, that's certainly your opinion but to me, 50 just owns the instrumental. You're saying he doesn't switch it up but he's moving all around the record. To me, it's an artist bringing their creative A-game to the table. It might not be every person's favorite record but in terms of an artist giving Dre something extra to work with, it's there. It kind of reminds me of "Kill You" off the Marshall Mathers LP where the energy and passion of the content almost drowns out the fact that it's a Dr. Dre production. To me, it's like saying how would so and so sound over the "Billie Jean" instrumental. I mean, I'm not saying the song is on that level but it's like, come on, man. 50 made that HIS record. I personally think it's a monster beat in its own right but it's not like some fucking amateur went in there and the beat made them a star. I mean, you might have somebody else that would have spit meaner 16's over the "Gin & Juice" beat before they brought it to Snoop but Snoop turned that mother fucker out. Sometimes, and I know hip-hop fans hate hearing this, but sometimes it's about who can make a hit record out of it.