Author Topic: A count of involuntary manslaugter??????  (Read 394 times)

Sikotic™

Re: A count of involuntary manslaugter??????
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:24 PM »
Check this:

DOCTOR SENTENCED TO 10 YEARS IN PRISON
FOR ILLEGAL PRESCRIPTIONS

Dr. Phil Astin III Supplied Drugs to Many of His Patients
Newnan, Georgia--PHILIP C. ASTIN, III, 52, of Carrollton, Georgia, was
sentenced today by United States District Judge Jack T. Camp to serve 10 years in federal
prison for his conviction on 175 counts of illegally dispensing prescription drugs from
2002 until his arrest in 2007.

David E. Nahmias, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia,
said, “The long prison sentence imposed today reflects the egregious conduct over many
years by this doctor, whose willingness to give powerful and dangerous prescription
drugs to addicts harmed his patients and our community. We hope that this sentence and
the wide attention this case has received will convince other doctors not to participate in
prescription drug abuse, which is a violation of their oath that can lead them to years
behind bars.”

Rodney G. Benson, Special Agent in Charge of the DEA Atlanta Field Division
said, “DEA continues to target those who violate the law by illegally distributing
prescription drugs. Dr. Astin continuously betrayed the trust of his patients. His
deplorable actions caused many to become addicted and even cost one individual her life.
After today he will have plenty of time to think about his actions and will spend welldeserved
time in prison. This investigation would have not been possible without the
unified efforts of our federal, state and local law enforcement counterparts.”

ASTIN was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison. There is no parole in the
federal system. He was also ordered to serve 3 years supervised release, and ordered to
perform 250 hours of community service.

According to United States Attorney Nahmias and the information in court: On
January 29, 2009, ASTIN pleaded guilty to offenses relating to 19 patients who received
hundreds of illegal prescriptions for methadone, Percocet, Oxycontin, M.S. Contin,
Demerol, Lorcet, Ritalin, Vicodin, Klonopin, Vicoprofen, Xanax, Adderall, and Soma.

Through his plea agreement, ASTIN further admitted that the prescriptions he issued
resulted in the death of one patient when she overdosed on the drugs. Finally, ASTIN
admitted that he wrote and filled 16 prescriptions for Lortab, Xanax, Dexedrine, Adderall,
and Ritalin in the names of two patients without their knowledge.
During the sentencing hearing today, prosecutors and witnesses described the
scope of ASTIN's illegal conduct, which involved dozens of patients and illegal
prescriptions for abused drugs from as early as 1999. Some patients received popularly
abused painkillers, amphetamines, anxiety medications, and muscle relaxers for more
than five years without a legitimate medical examination, diagnosis, or monitoring by
ASTIN. A pharmacologist explained the severe damage that these drugs inflict upon the
body, as well as the overwhelming physical and psychological dependence that results
from abusing the drugs.

According to the evidence presented during the sentencing hearing, from
approximately May 2002 until the date of his arrest in July 2007, ASTIN intentionally
wrote prescriptions for controlled substances that were not for a legitimate medical
purpose and were not in the usual course of a doctor's professional practice. ASTIN
dispensed these prescriptions without conducting the appropriate physical examinations
and diagnoses to justify the prescriptions and, as a result, many of the patients who
received these illegitimate prescriptions became addicts. The evidence showed that
ASTIN's notoriety grew among pill-abusing patients from across Georgia, Alabama, and
other states, as well as professional wrestlers.

ASTIN also admitted to writing multiple prescriptions for the same drug on the
same date, sometimes as many as four simultaneous Percocet prescriptions to the same
patient for the same 30-day period, and wrote undated prescriptions as well. Federal law
requires medical practitioners to sign and date each prescription for controlled substances
on the date that it is issued. Finally, ASTIN dispensed methadone as a maintenance
therapy without the proper license to dispense drugs in this fashion and in quantities and
durations that readily perpetuated the addiction of these patients.

The evidence presented at the sentencing hearing included descriptions of several
of the patients to whom ASTIN wrote illegal drugs. On June 20, 2007, one patient
overdosed on Lortab, Xanax, and Soma that were prescribed by ASTIN and died from
acute toxicity of the drugs, and prosecutors further described another patient who died, in
part, from an overdose of Soma that had been prescribed by ASTIN. Other evidence
included instances where ASTIN was alerted to the abuse and addiction of certain
patients, yet continued to give them prescriptions for years.

The evidence showed that a professional wrestler said that it was widely known in
the professional wrestling community that ASTIN would dispense prescriptions without
performing a medical examination. This patient received prescription drugs, including

Lorcet, Percocet, Xanax, and Soma, from ASTIN from December 2004 until November
2005, and said that he did not receive a legitimate medical examination or testing from
ASTIN during that time. The wrestler developed an addiction to the drugs, and ASTIN
never questioned his addiction and instead simply wrote prescriptions for larger quantities
of pills. The patient said that his girlfriend at the time and a number of professional
wrestlers obtained prescription drugs from ASTIN for the purpose of abusing the drugs,
adding that some of these wrestlers also were addicted to the drugs.

Prosecutors emphasized that these patients comprised only a portion of patients to
whom ASTIN gave illegal prescriptions. According to a map presented during the
hearing, ASTIN drew patients from throughout north Georgia, as well as other states,
because it became well known among those who abuse prescription drugs that he was
willing to give prescriptions without a legitimate medical examination or diagnosis.
This case was investigated by Diversion Investigators of the Drug Enforcement
Administration (DEA), the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC), and the Fayette
County Sheriff Department's Drug Suppression Task Force with the assistance of the
West Georgia Drug Task Force, and the Carroll County Sheriff's Department.
This case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys John Horn and
Jeffrey Davis.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »
Wowwww. And Michael Jackson's doctor was over his body IVing anesthesia. And he will prolly get probation and this guy get's 10 years for writing controlled substance prescriptions. Michael Jackson's doctor was OVER his body in a bedroom IVing anesthesia!!

Man than think of all the shit this guy musta went thru to get an anesthetic, somebody hada steal it from some hospital, come on, but his license don't get revoked? He killed somebody, HANDS ON. He didn't get happy with a pen and prescription pad.

Plus there was other shit in Michael's system so that means this nigga was or hada be doin' the SAME THANG THIS doctor in this article was doin'. The helllll.

I don't get it.

The Overfiend

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
Let's not forget that Michael Jackson hired this guy as his personal doctor for the specific purpose of supplying and administering him with drugs.

You know Jackson probably hired the guy because he knew as his personal doctor he would be more inclined to just give Michael what he wanted, when he wanted.

Its not like the doctor was forcing Michael Jackson to take all that bullshit and Jackson wasn't begging for it.

People gotta be goddam responsible for themselves, that motherfucker was fucking childish, lets not forget.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
^ And consenting to that, you as a human have a responsibility of another life on your hands. Course clearly Michael is at fault but he ain't here now is he?? No becuz Reckless Roger killed him. Fuck that nigga.

Shouldn't have been greedy enuff to take on an obligation like. Now consequences gotta be served. But than again evidently not.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
what if wacko signed a form sayin i dont care if this doc kills me as long as he gets me my meds? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »
Let's not forget that Michael Jackson hired this guy as his personal doctor for the specific purpose of supplying and administering him with drugs.

You know Jackson probably hired the guy because he knew as his personal doctor he would be more inclined to just give Michael what he wanted, when he wanted.

Its not like the doctor was forcing Michael Jackson to take all that bullshit and Jackson wasn't begging for it.

People gotta be goddamn responsible for themselves, that motherfucker was fucking childish, lets not forget.
Of course MJ is responsible and he was a willing participant, but do we really want some jackass like that practicing medicine? That doctor was not an anesthesiologist and had n business administering a drug that is usually used for surgeries.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:06:39 PM »
you gotta look at it like this

he's not some bum off the street. he's a doctor, a celebrity doctor, a celebrity doctor to the biggest celebrity of them all. so he was able work something out with the LAPD....again the LAPD.

also no matter what sentence or charge he gets. his life is basically over. he's never going to be able to practice medicine again. Can you see yourself 4 to 5 years from now interviewing Conrad Murry and SERIOUSLY considering him for job. I can't. i mean he better hope and pray VH1 celeb-reality shows are still in chic when he gets out.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:53 AM »
lmao @ "Reckless Roger"  :D

seriously tho, this guy must've known that what he was doing went against the code of conduct/medical ethics or whatever, but at the end of the day i guess money talks  :-\ this motherfucker will probably be ok for the rest of his life off what he made from MJ, whether he practices medicine again or not...

and there was nothing involuntary about what he fuckin did, the guy is supposed to be a fully qualified medical professional, and therefore should've known the risks of fucking about with anaesthetics and shit!! now he's gotta face the consequences of his actions imo

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Fraxxx

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 02:45:36 AM »
Michael Jackson wanted to die cuz he knew he wasn't in any condition to do the shows he signed a contract on. So to me it was a case of assisted suicide. Legally, the case is clear, you're not allowed to do that. But morally, I don't know excactly in which mental and physical condition Jacko was, but I wouldn't be so quick with judging this doctor. I can very well imagine that he did Jacko a favor.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:15 AM »
but does he do that on everyone? lol
maybe it was jus wacko

People gotta be goddamn responsible for themselves, that motherfucker was fucking childish, lets not forget.
Of course MJ is responsible and he was a willing participant, but do we really want some jackass like that practicing medicine? That doctor was not an anesthesiologist and had n business administering a drug that is usually used for surgeries.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Michael Jackson wanted to die cuz he knew he wasn't in any condition to do the shows he signed a contract on.
Michael Jackson did not want to die. Did you see the movie? And he has kids, the last thang that Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson now, would want to do is abandon them, that's pretty clear ain't it? PLUS, according to the concert promoters and mangers, whatever, he wanted 50 shows to beat out Prince. Becuz Prince did some shows in the same arena in London, he did so many in a row, I forgot how many, I think it was like 30, and Michael Jackson wanted to beat him out. Don't that sound like him?? Heall yeahh. Stop listening to Joe. :-\

ANDDD, don't know how true this is, but Conrad Murray supposedly has already been approached to do a reality show, following him on his trip back to practicing medicine in Houston. This world is fuckin' disgusting men!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 10:31:31 AM »
lmao @ "Reckless Roger"  :D

seriously tho, this guy must've known that what he was doing went against the code of conduct/medical ethics or whatever, but at the end of the day i guess money talks  :-\ this motherfucker will probably be ok for the rest of his life off what he made from MJ, whether he practices medicine again or not...

and there was nothing involuntary about what he fuckin did, the guy is supposed to be a fully qualified medical professional, and therefore should've known the risks of fucking about with anaesthetics and shit!! now he's gotta face the consequences of his actions imo
Yeahhhhh nigga, exactly, +1.  :-\

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
maybe it was jus wacko

The doc was corrupted by money. If MJ told him to get anything he would of done it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Muhfukka

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
maybe it was jus wacko

The doc was corrupted by money. If MJ told him to get anything he would of done it.
and if he didnt another doctor would have, leading to the same result

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
The gave him 4 fucking years?? They should have given that doctor a reward. Death to all pedophiles and child molestors. I hope Michael Jackson is burning in hell right now.