Author Topic: Ice Cube In The Studio: "Drink The Kool Aid" & "It Is What It Is" Previews  (Read 1392 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube In The Studio: "Drink The Kool Aid" & "It Is What It Is" Previews
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
maybe he mad dre dont work wit him more and focus on cubes career instead of lady gaga...lol
but wait dissin dre? damn doubt dre would respond but that would be epic if he did

you think hes dissin?

Haha dame cube going hardbody on these cats on Kool Aid

Thats what it sounds like, duno why hed be dissing Dre though
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Paul

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »
i heard about the new west??? lol somebody needs to tell cube that his time is over, after the westside connection album was over as hell...but your fags are suckin dick till your ass thrort ass hell.

Hahah look at your name, sig and avatar!

Theres only one dick gettin sucked
funkyfreshintheflesh

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:31 PM »
lol

i heard about the new west??? lol somebody needs to tell cube that his time is over, after the westside connection album was over as hell...but your fags are suckin dick till your ass thrort ass hell.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 06:47:19 PM »

LMAO

and yeah, cube on a khalil beat = sick..

B.A.

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
The first song is cool, I give it a 6 of 10 maybe a 6.5 but I hope this is the weakest song of the album and not one of the strongest. The second I didn't like, I really hate when rappers rap/sing right along with the melody of the beat, it sounds boring and doesn't show any creativity and that "Aye! Aye! Gotta keep my swagger up" bullshit needs to go (come on Cube leave that shit for some new rapper from the south, you're better than that). I think the second track should be given out as a free download on DUBCNN as the album's release approches or better yet it should get scraped so that the quality of Ice Cube's new album isn't judged too early based on the wackness of this song.

west coasr got own sound,and its grate,why WC mc's use those wack ass aouth beats, ??? ???

I feel what you sayin, it's a little misspelled, but i fell you ;D. Yeah with all the O.G. producers out there from the west like Quik, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Alchemist, Chill, Big Hutch, Bosco, Daz, Soopafly, DJ Muggs, DJ Pooh, Meech Wells, Warren G, Big Hollis, etc. I don't understand why westcoast artist, especially the O.G.'s, continue to rap over beats that sound like they were made for a south rapper. And what ever happened to Madness For Real, DJ U-Neek, Rhythm D and Sir Jinx? They all produced some sick ass songs back in the day. This is basically the problem I see with a lot of our veteran west coast artists and it's been going on for a long time.

Most people don't want to hear Ice Cube trying to sound like someone from the south or rapping over south beats. Snoop doesn't sound credible talking all his rollin 20's crip shit over a Pharell produced track with Akon or T-Pain on the hook (I'm not talking about a specific song just the music he makes now a days in general, he tries to do a little bit of everything and in the end the best part about his albums end up being the album covers). Quik and Kurupt's Blaqout; I got love for both these dudes but the first half of the album was good and then the second half started going all over the place. What could have been a classic (Quik on the beats and both him and Kurupt on the mic, that shit should have been straight heat) ended up being just ah-aight. If a new west coast artist does this then cool, whatever, they're coming from a different era but when the O.G.'s are doing this type of stuff it just seems crazy to me. And then people wonder why the west coast isn't runnin shit how it use to, as long as westcoast artist keep doing their best impression of south artists on their albums the west isn't going to come back and be how it was. I mean seriously, how are people going to start paying attention to westcoast artist when all they are doing is sounding like everyone else? It's either that or west coast artist try to rap over bootleg, Dre sounding beats which in my opinion that style has been played out for a while too (I'm talking that west coast piano style he does with his simply arranged hard hitting drums, Dre's newer style post "2001" was good but to me doesn't come close to his pre "2001" stuff).

I think west coast artist both old and new need to get with west coast producers (or just producers who aren't just doing that south, Hip Pop, Auto-tuned to death crap) and come up with their own unique signature sound the same way that Ice Cube, South Central Cartel, DJ Quik, MC Eiht, Domino, Coolio, etc. all had their own unique sound. Ruthless had their own sound going on with their artists, Death Row had theirs, the bay was doing their thing too as well as Black Market, etc., etc.. These were all west coast artist/groups/labels most of them were doing G-funk but not all of them and not all the time, they all put their own spin on their west coast sound and a lot of it had to do with the producers. This is why I'm not really feeling Cube's new music/albums, he just doesn't really have his own identity, his own sound the way he use to production wise; lyrically he's still on point as long as he's not trying to sound like a south rapper. He needs to stop trying to do a little bit of everything to please everyone and needs just stick to what he does best.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:04:48 AM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
you're right, Ice Cube is not for the pop charts.

he forgot that he wrote that line though

Okka

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
First track sounds tight, second one is OK too.