Author Topic: Exclusive interview with I-Rocc  (Read 63 times)

WrongKind619

• Muthafuckin' OG
Exclusive interview with I-Rocc
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
It's a text interview but an interview nonetheless. This is one interview of many so be on the lookout for that. Join Team Wrongkind now!!! hit me up at wrongkind619@yahoo.com for more info. I got an interview with Mitchy Slick as well as another SD legend comin soon so get your questions ready for Mitchy.

I wanna give a quick shout out to I-Rocc for takin time and workin wit us. More interviews comin soon.

Me: What's up Rocc, why don't you introduce yourself for those who don't know you

I-Rocc: What's the word ya'll? I'm I-Rocc from southeast San Diego, let's get familiar

Me: It's been a minute since we heard something new from you. Can we expect any projects to be coming out in the near future?

I-Rocc: Well me and J-Diggs dropped "Fixed Fight" last March...since then my uncle Big Shu from Shulaced Ent. hooked up with DJ Skee and plugged us to do a project with the rest of the squad that will be dropping in a few weeks. It's called "R We Der Yet?" And I'm wrapping up "Fixed Fight Round 2" with Turf Talk right now and that will be dropping shortly after.

Me: So most people know that you grew up in Southeast San Diego, but you are also active in the Bay...did you ever live there at any point of your childhood?

I-Rocc: I never lived in the Bay, I always wiggle through the Bay and it's like home to me. I got nothing but love for the Bay...I did live in Sacramento. I ran into Marvaless out here in San Diego at a record store when I was 17 years old and I rapped for her and told her I was looking for Killa Tay and Lunasicc (Luni Coleone) after I was done rapping she gave me Tay's number. I called him up rapped for him and he invited me to Sac. Me and the homies took a trip up that way and the rest pretty much is history...I kinda settled in and networked.

Me: Since your a West Coast artist, do you feel that the West has been getting the cold shoulder in the industry the last several years?

I-Rocc: Not the cold shoulder because the love is there and the respect is there also. Everyone knows what we're capable of doing, I take it more like the industry, fans, and critics are waiting for us to step up, change with the times and compete with the rest of the nation.

Me: On the same note, do you feel as a rapper from SD, do SD artists kind of come in second to LA as far as recognition and music goes?

I-Rocc: I mean...of course...there's only 4 or 5 SD artists that have msuic available to be purchased outside of SD and that's not LA's fault or anybody else's fault except all the artist that aren't taking the proper steps to get their music out there. It's also nothing to be mad at either...just motivation to get your business together and work harder.

Me: What do you think it will take for an SD artist to make it big in the industry since very few artists, if any, have been able to achieve that?

I-Rocc: I don't think anyone knows...We're still trying to figure that one out.

Me: Growing up, who are some artists that influenced you?

I-Rocc: Brother Lynch Hung and Killa Tay
Me: In your career, who are some artists you have worked with?

I-Rocc: C-Bo, Messy Marv, Brother Lynch Hung, Yukmouth, Killa Tay, The Game, Mac Dre, Turf Talk, J-Diggs, Mitchy Slick, Layzie Bone, Ginuwine, Daz Dillinger, Bad Azz, Jayo Felony, T-Nutty, X-Raided, The Outlawz, Max-B, Hollow Tip and the Merc Gang, Mistah Fab, Keak Da Sneak, Hell Rell, J.R. Writer, Glasses Malone, Nipsey Hussle...the list  can go on forever...I've been really blessed throughout my career.

Me: What artists from the West would you like to work with?

I-Rocc: Every artist that I am a fan of and that I grew up listening to...I've pretty much worked with everyone except Snoop Dogg, I wanna make that collab happen soon.

Me: What artists have you been working with recently?

I-Rocc: Mostly just my niggaz. Smigg Dirtee, Mack Twon, Dago Braves, El Cajon Tez, Cee Wee 3, Googie Monsta, Monsta Fu, and Young Jawz. Outside of my circle me and Glasses Malone got a few songs I'm about to release and me and Nipsey got a few tracks and a video about to surface

Me: Seeing as your a well-known Crip rapper, how do you feel about these new artists starting to incorporate gangbangin into their music?

I-Rocc: It doesn't bother me long as it's authentic, if it isn't I can tell immediately...and if it isn't i just can't listen to it. It doesn't cost me anything to not listen to an artist...I'm not going to take time out of my day to make songs and slander or discredit anyone...But if your bangin, making music, and keepin it 100...don't matter what side of the rag your reppin'...I'm fuccin with it.

Me: What made you decide you wanted to become a rapper?

I-Rocc: When i seen that people actually enjoyed my craft...You got to understand I was just a young nigga from Southeast San Diego trying to tell my story and find an outlet for me and my niggaz to vent and make some money...So when I would spit my little raps and I got good feedback that made me wanna go harder.

Me: Thanks for your time, any last words for the fans?

I-Rocc: I appreciate every one of ya'll and be on the lookout for Smigg Dirtee and Mack Twon and his YP squad.

Me: How can people reach you?

I-Rocc: www.twitter.com/IROCC619 www.myspace.com/IROCC & IROCC619@gmail.com

Interviewed by: SDC Kid

http://mitchyslick.ning.com/forum/topics/interview-with-irocc-a-san
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:22:20 PM by Rud »

GangstaBoogy

Re: Exclusive interview with I-Rocc
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
I-Rocc is another example of an artist who didn't capitalize of his buzz. I was a huge fan, I'm sure some of you remember me pluggin dude real hard (* pause, no homo) before / after "Center of Attention" dropped. After that he dropped a few mediocre projects while promising big things in between. I don't follow dude anymore.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"