Author Topic: [11.18]Guns_N_Roses-Chinese_Democracy-[Retail][2008][Grouprip]  (Read 1629 times)

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [11.18]Guns_N_Roses-Chinese_Democracy-[Retail][2008][Grouprip]
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »
Been listening to this again....  After all the hype and expectations are gone, and listening again, this is a damn good album.

It's just so much more progressive than everyone expected, they were turned off right away..  

Go listen to this again guys, it really is a bit of everything for everyone...

And good production as well, I remember looking into it and it was some YOUNG dude from California, who I've never heard of..  But he did a really good job.

I have also listened to this album in the last week... I feel it starts off very promising but there is too much filler after the first four tracks... He needed the other guys input to make it what G N R should really sound like these days... I no longer hate this album but it has a bit more that needs fixing before I could be happy with it.

The Slash thing never worked out. Velvet Revolver split and he turned down over 100 Million to go back... He is now bringing a solo album which has a bunch of dope guests and Fergie... I will be lookin out for it despite that blip 8)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
I loved this album when it leaked, after i bought it at best buy the day of it's release, and still today. I also just saw GN'R earlier this month on tour, Axl's voice sounded better than ever, no bullshit. He sounded way better than on this album as well. They played for almost 3 hours and the show and their new guitarist were unbelievable,

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <----Hiphop/Funk-Rock
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
As far as the music is concerned, its an awesome album, that if shallow minded people would look past "whos in or out" of the band and gave the music a chance, they'd probably like at least some of it.

Yup, if you pretend this is just a new band coming out and don't put a GnR label on it, it's a pretty decent album.

The Slash thing never worked out. Velvet Revolver split and he turned down over 100 Million to go back... He is now bringing a solo album which has a bunch of dope guests and Fergie... I will be lookin out for it despite that blip 8)

Really?  Make a thread for that album when it comes out?  Please.

They played for almost 3 hours and the show and their new guitarist were unbelievable,

Who is the new guitarist?  Does he have a resume?

JohnnyL

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »
I loved this album when it leaked, after i bought it at best buy the day of it's release, and still today. I also just saw GN'R earlier this month on tour, Axl's voice sounded better than ever, no bullshit. He sounded way better than on this album as well. They played for almost 3 hours and the show and their new guitarist were unbelievable,

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <----Hiphop/Funk-Rock

Yeah.  I still have this album in the rotation.  I have to say, more than a year later and I still like almost the entire album, but some of my favorites are "Better," "IRS," "There Was a Time," "Street of Dreams," "Sorry" and "Madagascar." 

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2010, 01:38:45 PM »
The new guitar player is Dj Ashba, he was also Nikki Sixx's guitarist on his latest album Sixx AM: http://www.myspace.com/djashba
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :