Author Topic: Canada VS USA Hockey Today  (Read 3911 times)

Jaydc

Re: Canada VS USA Hockey Today
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
This arguement isnt going anywhere anyway,I regret even mentioning anything.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »
Its just the typical american attitude being protrayed perfectly by jd.Blind ignorance and arrogance.Its the reason the country is dying from the inside out.Just ask yourself why haiti is getting so much help and nobody gave a shit about new orleans?

Hockey is just a small case of the problem of the entire country.

LMAO!!!!

the irony is fucking blinding.

YOURE the one spitting out "facts" without ANY proof AT ALL.  

YOURE the one claiming to know everything about american people.

YOURE the one judging americans when youve probably met less than 50 in youre entire life.  

ROFLMAO  

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
This arguement isnt going anywhere anyway,I regret even mentioning anything.

you cant even provide any facts.  "go research yourself" and the ONE name you put up contradicts your argument.

when that fails you attack me, and now youre saying this is going no where and blah blah blah.

id probably take the same route if i was just owned like u were.

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
I mean,whens the last time you saw a hockey game in a primetime slot on tv?

whats nhl teams arent broadcast on tv?

Jaydc

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
How is non stop action boring?People flyuing around at high speeds,body checking eachother,beautiful passing and shooting,fighting.I mean yeah baseketball is exciting too.But baseball,exciting?Its fucking slow as hell,theirs very little action.Stop start stop start stop start stp start.Those clutch hitting and homeruns arent often.

And jd,Like i said its not everyone,theirs variety in every people.But this isnt something I came up with suddenyl,this is the repuation of your country to the rest of the world that you buit for yourselves.Its based on everything not just one action or person.You prove it over and over again.So write LMAO!!! as often as you like.Your just backing up of the perception of the countries people.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2010, 04:49:40 PM »
Hockey is extremely boring.

it would be more exciting if they played just one period or three 10 minute periods.

i was actually into it late in the game; then especially in sudden death overtime.

Basketball? you got eye popping dunks & clutch winning shots.

Baseball? you got game winning hits/homeruns & masterful pitching performances.

Football? IT'S FUCKING FOOTBALL! FUCK YEAH! 8)

from people i talk to, they watch Hockey in hopes of a fight more than the art of playing the game lol; you already know something is wrong.

hockey and baseball are somewhat similar in terms of excitement.

like you said with baseball, it has the winning hits and home runs, plus the pitching.
with hockey, you can have high scoring games (especially since the last lockout), or you can defensive masteries. plus the shootouts add another element of excitement.

and just like the MLB playoffs, the Stanley Cup playoffs are also exciting. especially when they go in the double and triple OTs.

there are also the rivalries that occur. in baseball, the biggest one is the Yankees vs. the Red Sox.
hockey has the Leafs vs. the Canadiens. it also gets good when any of the original six play each other. plus, you have the regional rivalries as well.

so I wouldn't say its extremely boring if you start checking out more.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
How is non stop action boring?People flyuing around at high speeds,body checking eachother,beautiful passing and shooting,fighting.I mean yeah baseketball is exciting too.But baseball,exciting?Its fucking slow as hell,theirs very little action.Stop start stop start stop start stp start.Those clutch hitting and homeruns arent often.

And jd,Like i said its not everyone,theirs variety in every people.But this isnt something I came up with suddenyl,this is the repuation of your country to the rest of the world that you buit for yourselves.Its based on everything not just one action or person.You prove it over and over again.So write LMAO!!! as often as you like.Your just backing up of the perception of the countries people.

keep attacking me and america, as if i give a fuck about america.  lmao

you still cant provide a single fact for anything youve said about hockey in the states.  not a single one.  so i will write LMAO again, matter of fact, ROFLMAO.

Jaydc

« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »
go research the teams,Im not going to go into evry single teams broadcast schedule the proof is there for you.The last year has changed a lot and some teams are getting more games.But the nhls networks for us games is versus,a channel many dont even have access to.

As far as local games,for example the blackhawks local games now being teleivison are only available on satetillite and not through network cable.The games started being broadcast in 2007,I was mistaken with my year forgive me.

Jaydc

« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
And yes teams do have a few local broadcasters,but nationally,and Im not talking primetime,im just saying nationally available games teams have less then 10 games available,often times less then five.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2010, 04:57:30 PM »
But the nhls networks for us games is versus,a channel many dont even have access to.

like i said before, thats bad business, and has nothing to do with the interest level of the nhl here in america.

im sure millions would be happy as fuck if there was another way to watch the nhl in america.  

Jaydc

« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »
If your choice is between a network that has some coverage and nothing,obviously your going to take something rather then nothing.And espn is a major culpirt in this,so is nbc.Baseball doesnt have great ratings yet continues to be broadcast nationally.Preferences is one thing,some people like golf and nascar too,and that arguement is pointless people like whay they like.but hockey and soccer are basically blackballed in the american media.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
If your choice is between a network that has some coverage and nothing,obviously your going to take something rather then nothing.And espn is a major culpirt in this,so is nbc.Baseball doesnt have great ratings yet continues to be broadcast nationally.Preferences is one thing,some people like golf and nascar too,and that arguement is pointless people like whay they like.but hockey and soccer are basically blackballed in the american media.

theyre not 'blackballed' at all, its simply that hockey and soccer arent as popular as the top 3.  does that mean that soccer and hockey are ignored like you said?  hell no.  far from it.  they still sell out their arenas, sell millions in merchandise and have a big fan base.  

and like javi said, every region in usa has different tastes.  in la the dodgers and lakers run shit, even when hockey wins.  in other parts of the county hockey runs shit, even if other sports win.  

the problem is that you want hockey to be competing with nfl and thats simply not going to happen.  shit, mlb doesnt even compete with the nfl...so who cares?  

and shit, in some backwards ass places nascar is bigger than nfl, mlb, and the fucking nba.....it simply is what it is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:11:36 PM by J.D. Wykid, Esq. »

Jaydc

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
look st the ratings olympic hockey and the outdoor classics receive when they have the sufficient network coverage and hype machine behind it.Obviously nobody can compete with the nfl in the states,the compact schedule is the greatest assest the nfl has over other sports as it makes every game extrememly imporant.You can lose your first 6 games and be elimianted.In baseball you could lose 30 games in a row and still win your division lol.Therefore the market isnt there for every game same with hockey.But you cant deny that hockey and soccer isnt covered like baseball and football.And I,as do many others believe it has nopthing to do with the sports themselves.But rather americans inability to accept something that isnt its own.Maybe not the american people,but the media and the government controlling it.Because cant watch what they dont know about and isnt adverstised.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
The only thing i dont like about hockey being not so popular in the states is that over 10 cities dont deserve to have a team because they're not natural markets for the sport. This is not us peeps or medias fault though, they have the choice to prefer one sport or  another. It's the fault of commissioner gary bettman, he's a new yorker and he is really trying to move the sport from canada to the south. I dont know why he's doing so much bad decisions. Since hockey administration been in nyc it's been bad moves over bad moves. They could have signed with espn and they didn't. They lost exposure with that.

Now the dude is trying to pull to professionals out the olympics for the 2014 games. I think it's time dude gets replaced but it wont happens since he's making the owners lots of money thanks to canada's team and natural american markets like new york, new jersey and such.

I also have something to say to the guy who doesn't give a shit about other sport., Dont say fuck this sport and this sport. You just and ignant son of a bitch, downhill skying, snowboard and other sports are as exciting as hockey for a lot of people. I even enjoyed watching curling because is gave the sport a chance and understood it.

Congrats to the people of vancouver those games where the best i ever watched and i wish my city will get them one day.

Jaydc

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
I can agree with gary bettman being an idiot.