Author Topic: 10 lyricists that are better than Eminem?  (Read 417 times)

Doggystylin

Re:10 lyricists that are better than Eminem?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2002, 02:39:35 PM »

Crooked I - fuck no, everyone dickrydes him

i liked crooked i since his days with C Style and the DPG...but i began to really like crooked i after his battle against Chino XL...he proved there that he is a rhyme animal...no dickriding...

he battled chino? someone hook me up with that!

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2002, 03:31:25 PM »
Damn I forgot to put Canibus in there...Dude is on a whole other planet when it comes to lyrics...I think if I had to pick one lyricist as the best in all of hiphop as much as I like Nas it would have to be between Canibus and Ras...and if Kurupt was the Kurupt of '95 I would put him above Em but nowadays he's probably barely above Em's brother Nathan...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2002, 07:10:49 PM »

Crooked I - fuck no, everyone dickrydes him

i liked crooked i since his days with C Style and the DPG...but i began to really like crooked i after his battle against Chino XL...he proved there that he is a rhyme animal...no dickriding...

thank u...ur someone who actually knows of him...!!!

@ ALerG.....there are 40 better mc's then eminem, I own the canibus album and its dope....both bis and Chino Xl wll rip new assholes for eminem....

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2002, 08:37:27 PM »
I can name more than 10 rappers that are better when it comes to lyrical content.

He is definitely one of the best mainstream rappers ever when it comes to multis but there are two rappers that I know of that far exceed him, Pun and G Rap. And multi-syllable rhymes aren't what makes an exceptional M.C. otherwise you kids should praise Fabolous because he has a lot.

Eminem has one of the best flows and throws in a lot of ill punchlines.

Like the cat said above it's all opinion in what you define as a lyricist. Do you want content and substance or just want to be dazzled with meaningless jibberish although Em is one of the few that can use both to an extent.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2002, 09:34:08 PM »
Hey S.G.V , there is an underground LA hip hop store near where I live and now that u reminded me, I saw that guys BusDriva cd there, I have heard him flow and dizaammm!!!!!!
Is his solo cd any good or is any of his stuff good????

S.G.V.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2002, 10:38:08 PM »
^^^^good to see someone is expandin..props to u...now busdriva is a monster...u see him and he looks like a regular dude...not even a hip hop lookin muthafucka...he looks like a college student n shit...but he gets on the mic and fuckin kills it...one of the fastest flows ive ever heard...plus the shit he says is crazy...id pick up his shit...but i dont got an underground store around me...and when u see them at their shows they never have enough cds to slang...but i love his shit...but its all prefrence...takes some gettin used to...cuz i know at first i thought it was wack...but now i look back and smack my self...shit is tight