Author Topic: Has anyone ever taken a listen to Gil Scott-Heron's first album.....  (Read 103 times)

DTG Entertainment

Has anyone ever taken a listen to Gil Scott-Heron's first album, specifically the track "The Subject Was Faggots"?

Some of the album correct for the times, but man was he ignorant at the time - this would be displayed with the song "The Subject Was Faggots". I actually like Gil Scott-Herron, but some of this displays pure ignorance. I've listened to some pretty ignorant artists as well, but that shit takes the cake. I'm just thankful that he later smartened up. I mean maybe I'm ignorant, because I obviously wasn't there during the times, but it's just kind of funny to listen to. The reason I bring this up is because I was curious of what everyone else thought of it, obviously. By the way, what did you guys think of his latest effort?

Gil Scott-Heron - The Subject Was Faggots:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7316397575e20674/

Gil Scott-Heron - Me and The Devil (Off his latest effort, I'm New Here):

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7316409694629157/

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Has anyone ever taken a listen to Gil Scott-Heron's first album.....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »
LMFAO

Gil Scott-Heron got some crazy joints.

But when I was goin' thru his discography and shit one time, I never listened to all of it, honestly, cuz I couldn't listen, shit is nasty.

But this ignorant? What bout all the shit rappers say bout women? Women...like the essence to every normal man and niggas gonna exemplify disrespect to them...just by the way of the simple fact of how a rapper will write every single song about using 'bitches for sex'. Ya know? Please. Lol. That's all they talk bout. That's the most ignorant shit.

Really though, I think the track is disgusting, and I ain't tryin' to listen to it again. Lol. I refuse. How in the fuck a 'normal straight' man gon talk bout a 'faggots balls'? Ewww men, fuck outta here. Weird ass joint. After that, I just only listened to a few joints of his and didn't explore more..lol.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »

But this ignorant? What bout all the shit rappers say bout women? Women...like the essence to every normal man and niggas gonna exemplify disrespect to them...just by the way of the simple fact of how a rapper will write every single song about using 'bitches for sex'. Ya know? Please. Lol. That's all they talk bout. That's the most ignorant shit.

You're correct man, but a lot of girls glorify the stereotype rappers are rapping about. It is ignorant, but both sides need to smarten up.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »

You're correct man, but a lot of girls glorify the stereotype rappers are rapping about. It is ignorant, but both sides need to smarten up.

That's true.