Author Topic: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?  (Read 1241 times)

Neimanmarcus9

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.dipinthemix.com "For the People by the People"
Re: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
It was from the Joe Buddens Intervention video......where a bunch of rappers that were on tour (Malone included) gave Budden an intervention on being an asshole. The Cube story made it on the video for some reason. It wasn't about Cube being afraid of Malone either... From Malone's story, Cube was out in Watts at the VIP Records store there for a signing and was very uncomfortable being there. According to the story, it was Malone's first meeting with Cube and from the sounds of it, it was before his rap days.

The video was up on WorldstarHipHop...

Yeah, but they removed it.

...And when worldstar removes a video..hmm..we know that means. ::)
#1 I am a REAL PERSON. #2 Book Trailer  () "Kalifornia LUV" written by my uncle 'Spud' is in stores now w/ me on the cover. I'm a Student, Music Junkie, that LUVz to surf online. Check out my website (www.dipinthemix.com) if you have quality music or Hip Hop news, get @ me via PM so we can network. Thank You, Neiman Marcus. #fuckhaterzget$

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 08:08:45 PM »
Niggas wit no release date dissen the don mega??  ;D......and they stay broke......while cube stay papered up.....

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
^^ I didn't take it as a diss. It was more as a fan meeting his favorite artist and being disappointed... thats not uncommon sometimes when fans meet artists and they aren't what they had imagined them to be. Glasses has stated that he still loves the dudes music. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
word is he chose his wife....im not sayin thats bad or good
but he chose his wife over jdee????
in that whole deal

whats the story behind that?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
i dont have the full 100 on it...but what ive heard
i cant remember everythin but bits of what i can are
some say jdeee pulled the pistol that night
some say he didnt
somethin happened to where cube had to choose between jdee n his wife

which if it were true....wouldnt be suprised since other altercations have occured where cube took his females side

word is he chose his wife....im not sayin thats bad or good
but he chose his wife over jdee????
in that whole deal

whats the story behind that?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Menes323

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »
Yeah G.Malone dissing cube,basically sayin u a studio g,but i think overall cube is a G,didnt have to bang to do it,let the money talk!we all know we would rather have the $ over the lil hood fame etc...i think Malone dissin cube also cuz Malone works with Kam,and u remember kam and cube didnt get along,hence Solo chin checkin cube,they still made cube took the "W" for WSCG,but u know who got the last laugh...the predator.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
thats crazy tho that he said he prolly wont work with cube cuz of mack/cube's deal
at the end of the day....cube could get you a better album situation than mack.....
if raw footage was bad.......mack 10's album wasnt even worth usin a trash bag for
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »
So basically, hes saying Cube is a studio gangsta?

Is Dr Dre a studio gangster.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 04:44:07 AM »
Glasses Malone: I've always stated that I've never had personal problems with Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube. Snoop Dogg is one of my favorite rappers and Ice Cube influenced my style. You can hear Ice Cube in my style. I don't think it was ever an issue of me not liking or disrespecting them but I am a competitive dude and I come up under their reign of competitive nature. The veterans are very competitive with each other. Naturally I come in to this business as a competitor, especially if that artist is not responsible for my career. I want to be as dope as Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, damn it. I didn't get in to this business to be below anybody. That competitive nature on the microphone tends to make me an outcast.

Ice Cube, I don't know if I will ever get that collaboration because him and Mack 10 aren't seeing eye to eye anymore – and I'm Hoo-Bangin' to the motherf****in' fullest. As long as those two aren't getting along, I can't see myself ever working with Cube. Plus, Kam is my mentor – so who knows how all of that is going to work out. There is no disrespect though. A video surfaced online saying that I said Ice Cube was scared when I first met him – and he was! He was in a Watts V.I.P. Records Store and he was not comfortable. It was weird to me because he's f***in' Ice Cube the Predator! He's supposed to be the Predator. You would think he would be comfortable in any environment. In the West Coast Connection group he was the “Killa” out of the Gangsta and the Dope Dealer. It was awkward to me and that's when I first learned that making music is just music. I admit that being a kid and having all of his albums that I believed he was what he said in his music. Saying that though is not calling him out or disrespecting his name. I was speaking as a fan meeting his favorite artist – anybody would be shocked. That's like someone meeting Too $hort and him being respectful to women (laughs). You expect Too $hort to call a woman a b***h because he's Too $hort. People can get sensitive in this business but Ice Cube has to know that I don't mean no disrespect. I'm your favorite f***in' fan goddammit!

bishop lamont spoke on it too:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gAsZi2ArAw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3gAsZi2ArAw</a>

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:46 AM »

Ice Cube, I don't know if I will ever get that collaboration because him and Mack 10 aren't seeing eye to eye anymore – and I'm Hoo-Bangin' to the motherf****in' fullest. As long as those two aren't getting along, I can't see myself ever working with Cube. Plus, Kam is my mentor – so who knows how all of that is going to work out. There is no disrespect though. A video surfaced online saying that I said Ice Cube was scared when I first met him – and he was! He was in a Watts V.I.P. Records Store and he was not comfortable. It was weird to me because he's f***in' Ice Cube the Predator! He's supposed to be the Predator. You would think he would be comfortable in any environment. In the West Coast Connection group he was the “Killa” out of the Gangsta and the Dope Dealer. It was awkward to me and that's when I first learned that making music is just music. I admit that being a kid and having all of his albums that I believed he was what he said in his music. Saying that though is not calling him out or disrespecting his name. I was speaking as a fan meeting his favorite artist – anybody would be shocked. That's like someone meeting Too $hort and him being respectful to women (laughs). You expect Too $hort to call a woman a b***h because he's Too $hort. People can get sensitive in this business but Ice Cube has to know that I don't mean no disrespect. I'm your favorite f***in' fan goddammit!
Well everybody's scared of something.  He is a family man now, lifestyles change whether you like it or not.  We're in an era which is very different from the NWA days. Nowadays fools don't care who they do crime against.  Respect no longer means anything.  Especially in the L.A. area.  He knows what happened to 2pac & biggie can happen to him.  There are people who are hating on Cube because he does kid friendly movies now.  Come on, man.  Cube is 39 or 40 now.  There are hardly gangstas his age, most of them either dead or in jail.  Or retired & trying to have a family life.  Gangsta movies don't sell big anymore on the big screen. 

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »

Like most rappers Cube and Dre were always studio gangsters, but who cares? It's all about music, and very very few play in the same league as Cube or Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
^^^^yeah, like Eazy-E said: we didn't join no gang:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s45t4dpzDS4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/s45t4dpzDS4</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

this dre?

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

rdizzle510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »
Glasses Malone: I've always stated that I've never had personal problems with Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube. Snoop Dogg is one of my favorite rappers and Ice Cube influenced my style. You can hear Ice Cube in my style. I don't think it was ever an issue of me not liking or disrespecting them but I am a competitive dude and I come up under their reign of competitive nature. The veterans are very competitive with each other. Naturally I come in to this business as a competitor, especially if that artist is not responsible for my career. I want to be as dope as Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, damn it. I didn't get in to this business to be below anybody. That competitive nature on the microphone tends to make me an outcast.

Dumb logic. The song actually is a social commentary on how media and people blame gangsta rap, urban images on the problems of the world. Scared or uncomfortable is relevant. Let's put it context, $30mil $- $40mil in the bank, studio mogul, rapper, father, husband, a true brand. Upstart, knucklehead, potential problem standing next to you. Do you risk your freedom to prove a point. "I'm tough, I'm hard!" You can't even confirm it happened like that. So it was awkward for G Malone, but cube is uncomfortable. Maybe. But awkward and uncomfortable can be synonyms. So they felt the same. WC hasn't sold many records compared to cube but he keeps dropping them and Mack 10 can't guarantee your release. I like G Malone, but he needs to be a little more thoughtful with his words because that is a simple reason to end up stifled in the rap game.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
The thing that bothers me most about this story is people are seeming to overlook the fact that Ice Cube is over 40 and rich as fuck. What reason does he have to walk around trying to be a tough guy? I doubt if G.Malone would talk this shit if this was '91 Cube.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"