Author Topic: UFC 111  (Read 813 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: UFC 111
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

:grumpy:

Have you watched any boxing lately? UFC shits on that dying breed of boxing

of course I have.  Im a huge boxing fan.  Ive heard many takes on it...and I kind of agree with some....that UFC will be gone within a decade. I dunno, UFC is alright...but for one...its ridiculously boring IMO. I can appreciate the technique and skill...but when I watch UFC I find myself hoping for a KO and the KO's just arent anywhere near as dramatic as a KO in boxing.  And Ive actually watched a good amount of MMA matches.  But 80% of the matches are just two guys wrestling around with eachother...and of that 80%.....at least 50% of it is almost no action.  Id watch a Pacquiao fight over any MMA match you could possible dream up. And Im sure most of the country agrees...seeing as how even Pacquiao vs Clottey could be held at the Dallas Cowboy stadium.

gsp vs anderson would attract more then any pacquiao fight..boxing sucks...its sad when you only have 2 names that get any interest from people at all...

GSP could fight Jesus and Pacquiao vs Mayweather would still put up better numbers LOL.

LOL. Exactly boxing has 2 guys that draw people! DYING BREED!!! What happens when these 2 are gone?WOOOOO!!!! BOXING IS DYING!! FACE THE FACTS!

Boxing has been around forever...once Mayweather and Pacquiao go...more up and comers will take over....its been that way since the beginning. Those are just the two biggest draws now....since De La Hoya is gone.  UFC will have a difficult time crossing over the way boxing was able to do tho. UFC still mainly only appeals to a certain demographic....males between 18-30. And all the "bros" from the suburbs love the shit...cus they can finally watch other white guys fight lol.  Boxing is dominated by Black/Hispanic fighters....so every white male who got tired of watching white boxers get destroyed....switched to UFC. Eventually, the makeup of the UFC will change....then what? lol

Jones vs Hopkins supposed to be a big fight is whats wrong with Boxing...All good tho stay in denial...Boxing sucks

lol what does that have to do with anything? Thats a big fight only because of their celbrity status at this point. If Roy Jones signed with UFC...his very first match there would be a BIG fight.

Im just trying to rile you up. I enjoy boxing, i just think MMA at this point is getting so strong, while boxing is struggling to stay above water

Im not saying that MMA isnt gaining steam.  Its just hard for me to see it passing boxing by.  Maybe for a short period of time they could get to that point...but Im looking at 10-20 yrs down the road.  I just dont see it.  Boxing will reload like always. Pacquiao and Mayweather are huge right now...there are other big draws...its just that those two are so enormous right now that they dwarf the other fighters.  Its like the NBA when Michael retired.  It suffered at first...because you lost someone who was bigger then sport at times. But the sport always survives...and eventually bounces back with new talent.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 09:12:06 AM »
you cant compare Boxing dying to basketball..WAY TOO many stars in the NBA for it to die, no matter who retires..Boxing you may not be able to say that at this point. And Please dont ever compare MMA to Extreme Sports, 2 different worlds and MMA will last, and the more it lasts the more it will be accepted, its legal in almost every state now i think, thats a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference from 6-7 years ago..With TUF growing more and more and Better fighters everyday coming thru, MMA is still growing and will continue to grow..

The Best of 3 Worlds

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

:grumpy:

Have you watched any boxing lately? UFC shits on that dying breed of boxing

of course I have.  Im a huge boxing fan.  Ive heard many takes on it...and I kind of agree with some....that UFC will be gone within a decade. I dunno, UFC is alright...but for one...its ridiculously boring IMO. I can appreciate the technique and skill...but when I watch UFC I find myself hoping for a KO and the KO's just arent anywhere near as dramatic as a KO in boxing.  And Ive actually watched a good amount of MMA matches.  But 80% of the matches are just two guys wrestling around with eachother...and of that 80%.....at least 50% of it is almost no action.  Id watch a Pacquiao fight over any MMA match you could possible dream up. And Im sure most of the country agrees...seeing as how even Pacquiao vs Clottey could be held at the Dallas Cowboy stadium.

gsp vs anderson would attract more then any pacquiao fight..boxing sucks...its sad when you only have 2 names that get any interest from people at all...

GSP could fight Jesus and Pacquiao vs Mayweather would still put up better numbers LOL.

LOL. Exactly boxing has 2 guys that draw people! DYING BREED!!! What happens when these 2 are gone?WOOOOO!!!! BOXING IS DYING!! FACE THE FACTS!

Boxing has been around forever...once Mayweather and Pacquiao go...more up and comers will take over....its been that way since the beginning. Those are just the two biggest draws now....since De La Hoya is gone.  UFC will have a difficult time crossing over the way boxing was able to do tho. UFC still mainly only appeals to a certain demographic....males between 18-30. And all the "bros" from the suburbs love the shit...cus they can finally watch other white guys fight lol.  Boxing is dominated by Black/Hispanic fighters....so every white male who got tired of watching white boxers get destroyed....switched to UFC. Eventually, the makeup of the UFC will change....then what? lol

Jones vs Hopkins supposed to be a big fight is whats wrong with Boxing...All good tho stay in denial...Boxing sucks

lol what does that have to do with anything? Thats a big fight only because of their celbrity status at this point. If Roy Jones signed with UFC...his very first match there would be a BIG fight.

Im just trying to rile you up. I enjoy boxing, i just think MMA at this point is getting so strong, while boxing is struggling to stay above water

Im not saying that MMA isnt gaining steam.  Its just hard for me to see it passing boxing by.  Maybe for a short period of time they could get to that point...but Im looking at 10-20 yrs down the road.  I just dont see it.  Boxing will reload like always. Pacquiao and Mayweather are huge right now...there are other big draws...its just that those two are so enormous right now that they dwarf the other fighters.  Its like the NBA when Michael retired.  It suffered at first...because you lost someone who was bigger then sport at times. But the sport always survives...and eventually bounces back with new talent.
Those other big draws you speak of dwarf in comparison to the UFC so they really don't matter. Pacquiao is barely enough to compete with the UFC, Mayweather is the only one in boxing today that can match and put up bigger numbers. UFC and MMA is here to stay, and it's only gettin bigger. Once Mayweather is gone boxing will be in a long drought, I'm not saying it's gonna die cuz I watch boxing and i'm still a fan and theres alot of talent out there but it's gonna take time to build up multiple superstars, and by then theres no telling how much the UFC will have grown and if boxing can still go head to head with them.

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Those other big draws you speak of dwarf in comparison to the UFC so they really don't matter. Pacquiao is barely enough to compete with the UFC, Mayweather is the only one in boxing today that can match and put up bigger numbers. UFC and MMA is here to stay, and it's only gettin bigger. Once Mayweather is gone boxing will be in a long drought, I'm not saying it's gonna die cuz I watch boxing and i'm still a fan and theres alot of talent out there but it's gonna take time to build up multiple superstars, and by then theres no telling how much the UFC will have grown and if boxing can still go head to head with them.

how does Pacquiao barely compete with UFC? lol Who is the largest star in UFC? Pacquiao will earn more fighting Mayweather then that fighter will earn in a lifetime of UFC events....shit, maybe even more from his fight with Cotto. From what Ive seen...he would make more off the Mayweather fight then then every fighter on a UFC events card combined lol If UFC is drawing what boxing draws...how come its fighters earn what boxers earned 20 yrs ago?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

how does Pacquiao barely compete with UFC? lol Who is the largest star in UFC? Pacquiao will earn more fighting Mayweather then that fighter will earn in a lifetime of UFC events....shit, maybe even more from his fight with Cotto. From what Ive seen...he would make more off the Mayweather fight then then every fighter on a UFC events card combined lol If UFC is drawing what boxing draws...how come its fighters earn what boxers earned 20 yrs ago?
Im talkin about the only figures that matter, PPV buys.

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »

Im talkin about the only figures that matter, PPV buys.

So where does all that money go then? The more money you make...the more money your athletes make.

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »
I dont know what denial world your living in daygo but UFC passed boxing a long time ago.I cant think of anyone that watches boxing these days to be honest.Of course it will always be around buts its been dying for years and will continue to do so.Internet,tv,newspapers etc you see UFC evrywhere,its not some fad that grew overnight.Its been around for well over a decade and keeps getting bigger and bigger.It already has crossed over,I go to UFC parties every time a pay per view is held.Bars and pubs are packed every single night UFC is on.From pride in Japan to UFC now,this is a worldwide sport and its here to stay.Its captivated the youth of the world.If you still think boxing is bigger then UFC right now,or the last five years for that matter,your in major denial.From lesnar to GSP to anderson silva,tito ortiz,chuck liddel,the sport is loaded with household names.Boxing has nobody left,everyone is training MMA,their wont be any reloads their all switching to MMA.

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
I dont know what denial world your living in daygo but UFC passed boxing a long time ago.I cant think of anyone that watches boxing these days to be honest.Of course it will always be around buts its been dying for years and will continue to do so.Internet,tv,newspapers etc you see UFC evrywhere,its not some fad that grew overnight.Its been around for well over a decade and keeps getting bigger and bigger.It already has crossed over,I go to UFC parties every time a pay per view is held.Bars and pubs are packed every single night UFC is on.From pride in Japan to UFC now,this is a worldwide sport and its here to stay.Its captivated the youth of the world.If you still think boxing is bigger then UFC right now,or the last five years for that matter,your in major denial.From lesnar to GSP to anderson silva,tito ortiz,chuck liddel,the sport is loaded with household names.Boxing has nobody left,everyone is training MMA,their wont be any reloads their all switching to MMA.

I guess if we are all hear 10 years from now we could continue this then. That would be sad tho. I just dont see how there is ONE MMA fighter who would be considered a household name? IMO...a household name is when almost ANYone would recognize that name. Not just fans of the sport.  I cant think of ONE MMA fighter that my mom or any of her baby boomer friends has ever heard of lol. If I rattled off 50 boxers...she would have heard of them somewhere. Thats what a household name would be.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:53 AM »

Brock Lesnar is the biggest draw in the UFC and he can draw with anybody including pacquiao

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 08:56:34 AM »

I guess if we are all hear 10 years from now we could continue this then. That would be sad tho. I just dont see how there is ONE MMA fighter who would be considered a household name? IMO...a household name is when almost ANYone would recognize that name. Not just fans of the sport.  I cant think of ONE MMA fighter that my mom or any of her baby boomer friends has ever heard of lol. If I rattled off 50 boxers...she would have heard of them somewhere. Thats what a household name would be.

I think Chuck Liddell Tito Ortiz and Brock Lesnar are all household names, same with GSP..I guarantee you everybody knows who Lesnar is

The Best of 3 Worlds

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

Brock Lesnar is the biggest draw in the UFC and he can draw with anybody including pacquiao

Brock Lesnar is such a big draw mainly because of his WWE background. You tell me ANY matchup in UFC that will draw anywhere NEAR what a Pacquiao/ Mayweather fight would. Again...both of those fighters will earn more in that one fight then any MMA'r will in their entire career off of fights. lol Unfortunately I dont believe UFC releases their revenue earnings off of PPV events. They only release the bonuses...PPV buys...and tickets sold at the gate.  One would assume that the ONLY reason a company would not release those figures would be because they are not competitive with boxing. If they were...or if they were significantly better....UFC would release the SHIT outta those numbers as boxing is basically a competitor of UFC. If UFC earned as much as boxing...its big name fighters would earn the same money boxers do. They dont though.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »

Brock Lesnar is such a big draw mainly because of his WWE background. You tell me ANY matchup in UFC that will draw anywhere NEAR what a Pacquiao/ Mayweather fight would. Again...both of those fighters will earn more in that one fight then any MMA'r will in their entire career off of fights. lol Unfortunately I dont believe UFC releases their revenue earnings off of PPV events. They only release the bonuses...PPV buys...and tickets sold at the gate.  One would assume that the ONLY reason a company would not release those figures would be because they are not competitive with boxing. If they were...or if they were significantly better....UFC would release the SHIT outta those numbers as boxing is basically a competitor of UFC. If UFC earned as much as boxing...its big name fighters would earn the same money boxers do. They dont though.
There isn't a fight RIGHT NOW that will pull those numbers, there are cards that can do $2m+ at the moment but looking down the road the UFC will be there. But thats beyond the point, everyone in here knows that that fight will pull more than any PPV event, but once that fight passes what does boxing have left? Shit. It's obvious where the money is going, expansion. They're hitting markets like Ireland, England, Germany, Australia, Abu Dhabi, Montreal, Vancouver in a few months, theres plans to hit Korea, China, Japan, Mexico, etc. Not to mention theres about 18 fighters on each card, $200-500K in bonus money paid out at each event. It's a young sport, as time goes on and it gets bigger and bigger the fighters will get paid alot more. When UFC/MMA is as old as boxing is right now, Pacquiao-Mayweather, Tyson-Lewis, Tyson-Holyfield #'s arent gonna be anywhere in sight. Theres alot of countries that the ufc broadcasts their cards for free, once they're done introducing MMA in those markets and start selling MMA there the #'s are gonna be even bigger.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
exactly, the only argument you have is mayweather\pacquiao..

The Best of 3 Worlds