Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14492 times)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »
Wenger need to get the fuck out with his "let's develop the young players" policy , it hasn't won shit for 5 years , Arsenal is in a big need of some proven winners/experienced players who can step it up in big games ... plus Arsenal lack of physical impact is hilarious , too many players are physically built like teenagers

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »
Wenger need to get the fuck out with his "let's develop the young players" policy , it hasn't won shit for 5 years , Arsenal is in a big need of some proven winners/experienced players who can step it up in big games ... plus Arsenal lack of physical impact is hilarious , too many players are physically built like teenagers

Lack of strength is not the reason they dont win trophies though (even though it is a weakness for them). Its their squad compared to Chelsea, man Utd etc. The first 11 is great but Arsenal have nothing coming off the bench. Its crazy because these days I'd say Spurs and Man City both have better back-up than Arsenal (not better first 11's but better subs benches). They need to bring in squad players who can step in and step up, not rely on youngsters like Vela, Denilson etc to be able to do the job that Van Persie and Febregas do.

Elano

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »
The French Football Federation revealed on Saturday that Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra will miss the World Cup finals due to a stomach complaint.

Diarra was named in Raymond Domenech's squad for the finals in South Africa after making 23 appearances in the Primera Liga this season as Real finished second to Barcelona.

But Diarra was unable to train with his international team-mates on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and has now been withdrawn from consideration.

A replacement player has not yet been called up to join France in the Alpine resort of Tignes where they are preparing for the finals in South Africa.

A statement from the FFF read: "Further to his intestinal pain contracted on the glacier in Tignes, check-ups have detected evidence of an unpredictable illness which justifies rest for an indeterminate period. Consequently Lassana Diarra will miss the World Cup 2010 in South Africa."

FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes has lamented the news that Diarra will be missing for the finals.

"I react with great sadness because a World Cup is something terrific,'' Escalettes told L'Equipe. "Lassana is a player I like a lot.

"He could have had enormous value to the team because of his mental strength. It is dramatic that he should miss the World Cup. He will play more because he is young, but I have great sorrow for him."

Les Bleus face Mexico, South Africa and Uruguay in Group A.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »

kemizt

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »
Spain wont win, do you know why ?

1 there only got one fully fit top class striker. Lllorente who ?

2 Only 3 strikers picked in the squad when one is already recovering from injury and even when he's getting back to fitness is likely to break down again?

3 Shit FB's. Capdevilla is very average and slow. Walcott ripped him to shreds in CL. Ramos is very good going forward, but poor defensively.

4 No raw pace or physical power.

5 Too many similar midfielders. All passers and/or dribblers. No speed merchants of great crossers of the ball.

6 average DM. No top quality ball winning holding mid, Busquets is very average Why wasn't Senna picked? has he gone too old ? Busquets is snail like, not very agile, with shit stamina.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
Spain wont win, do you know why ?

1 there only got one fully fit top class striker. Lllorente who ?

2 Only 3 strikers picked in the squad when one is already recovering from injury and even when he's getting back to fitness is likely to break down again?

3 Shit FB's. Capdevilla is very average and slow. Walcott ripped him to shreds in CL. Ramos is very good going forward, but poor defensively.

4 No raw pace or physical power.

5 Too many similar midfielders. All passers and/or dribblers. No speed merchants of great crossers of the ball.

6 average DM. No top quality ball winning holding mid, Busquets is very average Why wasn't Senna picked? has he gone too old ? Busquets is snail like, not very agile, with shit stamina.

Numbers one and two are negated by the fact Torres and Villa will both be fully fit by the time their group games begin.

Number 5 is nonsense, it never bothers Barcelona that they have similar midfielders. A very poor observation. Xavi & Iniesta will be their main central two and theyve played alongside each other for years.

Number 6 - Senna has been injured for large parts of the season and only played a handful of games, not to mention the fact Villareal have comparatively had a very poor season.

Number 4 - Torres and Villa have more pace than any of the defenders they'll come up against.

In summary, youve not really thought that post through have you?

For the record I don't think they'll win, but not for any of the poorly thought out reasons youve mentioned above.

bez

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »
HOW IN THE NAME OF CHRIST HAS WARNOCK BEEN CHOSEN OVER BAINES. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WTF.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 08:40:24 AM »
HOW IN THE NAME OF CHRIST HAS WARNOCK BEEN CHOSEN OVER BAINES. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WTF.

i was going to write something anti-everton but i actually agree....strange choice

bez

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:18 AM »
The whole squad is a disgrace.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2010, 09:01:43 AM »

personally cant believe adam johnson never got a call up

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
LOL @ Bent and Wallcott staying at home. Capello is a fuckin idiot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

bez

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2010, 09:06:58 AM »

Exactly what England has needed for years and he gets left at home. Carragher, King, Upson, Cole, Barry, Heskey, Wright Phillips, all did not deserve to go to the World Cup.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
LOL @ Bent and Wallcott staying at home. Capello is a fuckin idiot.

lol. He chose heskey over Bent?  :laugh:

Damn, sounds like Capello is as much an idiot as Löw and Madonna.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »

Exactly what England has needed for years and he gets left at home. Carragher, King, Upson, Cole, Barry, Heskey, Wright Phillips, all did not deserve to go to the World Cup.

cole and barry you can make a case for otherwise completely agree...i wonder if capello has plumped for players that have played together at club level as opposed to form...it's the only way it makes sense

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
If Johnson had a full season at city he may have got a call up.

Good to see that capello left Walcott out, the guy has pace but is nothing more than an expensive David Bellion.

As for Bent i would have taken him but the choice isnt really between him and heskey its bent and defoe. Heskey even though i dont rate him will go as he is a target man so the next choice is the back up for Rooney and thats going to be between bent and defoe.

Baines was unlucky, good to see J Cole make it as he can play behind rooney or out wide if need be.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson