Author Topic: "Stillmatic"  (Read 980 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:"Stillmatic"
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2002, 02:41:23 PM »
Street Dreams (Remix)

Bcuz I Wanted It On There

Okay   8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2002, 03:24:12 PM »
word theres um dope tracks ya missin from that list......i say leave the album like it is.....i mean i even enjoyed braveheart party.....i was luvin the hook on that, had a nice feel to it, like calms things down on the lp u know?

4.5-5 album im my opinion......def one of the best things released in a long ass time i feel content wise n shit
peace

teecee

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2002, 04:44:45 PM »
I am a huge Nas fan, but to me Stillmatic ain't classic!  It is Nas 3rd best cd behind Illmatic and It Was Written........Stillmatic has incredible songs on it, including NAS best song since Nas Is Like in You're The Man.  I dont know, it is hard to say the album is classic but it is pretty close.  IT has great replay value, dope commercial songs (Got Yourself, and RULE ).....Rule woulda been HUGE.  Great concept songs too, and of course the dis song.  However, there are a couple wack joints like Smokin And Braveheart Party.  An album does not have to be perfect to be classic, but to me this still aint classic, especially after hearing the newer shit on Lost Tapes like Doorags, Purple, and Black Zombies rmx.  If nas would had those three joints on there, he coulda had a classic.  

THe reason people dont drop classics nowadays is they have to rush to make an album every year, so the albums are always inconsistent.  

Murrow

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2002, 06:33:42 PM »
i just dont think its a classic...its a bangin album, dont get me wrong, just not a 5/5 landmark album

Oh great reasons man.

shut up dork...what makes your opinions the consensus on what a classic is? i dont think its a classic, i think that term has been violated so oftern ive lost count....

shit if u count Lost Tapes, still matic is nas;s 4th best album

Fuck You.  You think I'M gonna agree with you just cause you say, "It is not classic."  YOU GAVE NO REASONs, @least I gave fuckin reasons, so don't even try and knock me; bitch.  Don't act like you could be a lazy ass fuck by not stating reasons and then expect me to understand your opinion.  LOL

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2002, 09:14:50 PM »
a lil emotionally fragile are we?

i said it wasnt a classic, it wasnt a  5/5 album, from that reasoning you should be able to deduct that there were some filler tracks on it...i cant think for you Moron

btw, i dont want you to agree with me, just dont be stupid and snap at me woman!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Smooth

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2002, 09:22:22 PM »
it was good, but i hesitate to call it a classic....

"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 02:20:19 AM »
Whats your fav. beat on the whole album people? Mine is a toss up between "You're Da Man" and "Second Childhood".

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2002, 08:40:03 AM »
all the beats on stillmatic are very good but the best have to be the stillmatic intro.
the all album is incredible and its a classic to me, but i think that the lost tapes is better.
westside!!!!

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2002, 10:36:55 AM »
Whats your fav. beat on the whole album people? Mine is a toss up between "You're Da Man" and "Second Childhood".

"Destroy & Rebuild" or the Intro.

Murrow

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2002, 11:33:26 AM »
a lil emotionally fragile are we?

i said it wasnt a classic, it wasnt a  5/5 album, from that reasoning you should be able to deduct that there were some filler tracks on it...i cant think for you Moron

btw, i dont want you to agree with me, just dont be stupid and snap at me woman!

You would try and call me a women cause your fuckin afraid of them you Middle Eastern wannabe fuck up.

Sorry man, but you had it coming.

Anyways, the only filler on there was the "Braveheart Party," and then it got tooken off the album.

My fav beat is "Got Urself A..."