Author Topic: 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted Video vs Album versions  (Read 450 times)

kuruptlon

Re: 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted Video vs Album versions
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:19:53 AM »
I wish they used the video instrumental with the album lyrics

Yup, exactly how I feel.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
I suppose its not as bad as Death Row completely leaving the original version of California Love off All Eyez On Me
That was a marketing strategy.  Pac would get the Remix for All Eyez on Me, and the OG was originally planned to appear on Dre's album, which obviously never happened due to his departure.  It would definitely have been a sales boost for Dre since there were people out there who still wanted that version of California Love, though the sales boost was felt by the How Do U Want It single, which Death Row put the OG on and fueled some extra sales.

Has the video been released properly on DVD? Best quality?
It appeared on both the Best of 2Pac DVD and the Death Row Uncut VHS/DVD.  The two versions are more or less the same, with slight differences.  The version on Best of 2Pac has Pac in the intro saying "You a lying piece of shit" without edits, the intro fades as Big Syke and E.D.I. pull out their guns (but you don't see the guns), and the end where people surround the crashed cars is in slow motion before switching to the scene of Pac and Snoop walking and pointing at the camera (which was actually an alternate take for the video rather than the intended end).  The version on Death Row Uncut has the "lying piece of shit" line edited with the "shit" part blanked out (for whatever reason), Big Syke and E.D.I. are shown with guns pulled out, and the end is actually sped up to show more footage of the people actually pulling bodies (presumably dead cops) out of the police van and laying them on the curb.

Thanks bro - gave you props +1 ;)

2euce 7even

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »
i prefer the Nu Mixx classics version, but the original is a classic as well
:o