Author Topic: Does anyone know anything about/have footage of the Original Chronic Tour??  (Read 606 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
I understand that they only got through like 8 dates for some reason, and that it was before the digital age, so info and footage may be gone.

BUT

Can you imagine what the set list must have been??? Imagine hearing shit like Deep Cover, Rat-tat-tat-tat, and Lil Ghetto Boy by Snoop and Dre when they were in their prime.

I also heard that Snoop had a solo set. This was before Doggystyle, so it must have been all freestyles and maybe even original 213 shit... damn.

Yes, I know the up in smoke tour happened. But whenever i see vids of it on youtube, I feel like part of the appeal of it was that snoop and dre and em were up on stage being snoop dre and em. The Chronic tour was before snoop and dre had created characters, so i feel like it would have been... more of a straight 'performance'.

StevenQBosell

if WideAwake/ Deathrow/ fuckard label could get it's act right, that would be a great gem. The Up In Smoke tour was one thing, but it would be awesome to hear Dre, Snoop, Rage, & RBX on that old '93 shit... oh well, we can always dream...

sms130

• 'G'
I wish that Death Row/WideAwake would get it 2gether and work things out with Dr. Dre so footage like that and music from that time can be officially released. I do know the mini-movie video clip that appears on The Chronic Re-Lit featuring Dre and Snoop at tha store was actually tha intro 2 their set and I think Deep Cover was tha first song performed on their set. Like Chronic 2001 was tha follow up to The Chronic, The Up In Smoke Tour was tha follow up to The Chronic Tour.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
True true....wonder if anyone on this board was AT the tour. This shit was so long ago... so I understand if no one has.

StevenQBosell

^^^ I was way too young to go to one of those concerts, specifically in like 92-93... 1st off, moms was not into rap at all back then, and I was just 11... and even if by some slight chance she was, she was so scared of gang violence then, that alone was a no go... lol my mom wouldn't get me a pair of black and red jordans back in the day... she thought they were a: gang related and b: I get mugged for them...

ahh the joy of the early 90's

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
the show was cool. the whole crew was there. they performed the songs you mentioned and a few freestyles. i remember feeling dissapointed at the time. the chronic was blowin up and i had that shit on repeat but the stage show didnt compete with some of the other cats i had seen live around that time like the brand nubians, das efx, cube and the lench mob etc..
havent seen them since so im sure they got better with it over time........

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
would have been amazing to experience that shit..

and @ dude who posted above me ^ . Sorry to hear that. But it couldnt have been all bad?

KURUPTION-81

the show was cool. the whole crew was there. they performed the songs you mentioned and a few freestyles. i remember feeling dissapointed at the time. the chronic was blowin up and i had that shit on repeat but the stage show didnt compete with some of the other cats i had seen live around that time like the brand nubians, das efx, cube and the lench mob etc..

was that because they seemed un organised or was the sound quality poor ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

StevenQBosell

Great question, i'll put my money on them not being organised...

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

Great question, i'll put my money on them not being organised...

they actually had a lot of fighting between gangmembers, crips & bloods in the same room together was still a very new and weird situation at concerts, that's one of the main reasons it was canceled but yes they were very unorganized...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:54:07 AM by U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E. »

sofdark

damn, it'll be nice to see some footage

2euce 7even

damn, it'll be nice to see some footage

im with u on this 1.

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
disorganized like dude above pointed out.....you could tell very little effort went into their prep.
the whole thing came across real lazy.
i wasnt expecting much from dre.....dope producer but in my eyes hes always been meh as a performer or on the mic.
i remember thinking that snoop didnt have the kind of voice that could command an entire concert hall...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
really?
what about 100 miles & runnin', Natural born killaz, etc.