Author Topic: Why is it so important to rep the west?  (Read 421 times)

doja

• 'G'
  • atomic dog
Re: I have a question for y'all...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »
Why is it so important to rep the west, or talk about bringing the west back, or saying stuff like the west side is the best side, or number one and shit..

why is a coast or a region so important? why being stuck on that%

I think the west is a unique situation because one thing OGs and "new west" artists can agree on is the west feels like they always have to prove to other coasts and fans in general that they have cats that can spit. So boasting about the west almost is a gift and a curse. A really dope rapper from the west for example Xzibit in his heyday was almost looked at like a enigma. But I have heard people in the same breath say he sounds like he could be from the east coast with his bars. Now west coast fans know that we have some talented mcs but the rest of the world doesn't.

x is from detroit....

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why is it so important to rep the west?
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 01:31:59 AM »
to me alot of that shit is bullshit, it just lets you know muthafuccas believe in then east coast stereotypes, cause if you think about it, nipsey,jay rocc game all get respect from the east now, and they mostly shit on the south,if the south got lyricist they are more looked at like and enigma then cats out here now. and alot of you muthafuccas who say west this and that yall the first to disown the muthafuc'n blacc eye peas and they been rep'n the west from the jump, i'm with the west 110% but i  ain't got to stress that shit 24/7 yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BIGWORM

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
but it depends if your bias or not....jus cuz its a westcoast site dont mean you can hate on the same coast or vice versa
you can be from one coast and be honest about muzik at the same time

snoops album is wack...lol

It's a West-Coast site. We just happen to love and support west coast music more.

I don't just like west-coast rap it just HAD way more musical flavor then then east,mid-west & south. I think it's in a hurting state right now because most of the artists don't create full albums with themes anymore. Albums are rushed and sound like a bunch of random tracks with a bunch of features slapped together and production is sounding to generic since they switched from analog to digital recording. That doesn't just go for the west, but it was kind of un-expected from them. I can't complain too much because Rap isn't even in my top 3 musical genres anymore because it sucks so bad now.

I support all coasts just the west a bit more...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
lived on the westcoast more....does that make him more west or midwest? lol

Why is it so important to rep the west, or talk about bringing the west back, or saying stuff like the west side is the best side, or number one and shit..

why is a coast or a region so important? why being stuck on that%

I think the west is a unique situation because one thing OGs and "new west" artists can agree on is the west feels like they always have to prove to other coasts and fans in general that they have cats that can spit. So boasting about the west almost is a gift and a curse. A really dope rapper from the west for example Xzibit in his heyday was almost looked at like a enigma. But I have heard people in the same breath say he sounds like he could be from the east coast with his bars. Now west coast fans know that we have some talented mcs but the rest of the world doesn't.

x is from detroit....
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

Re: Why is it so important to rep the west?
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »

Oh shit, brings back memories. Some idiots used to say that when i was a kid.