Author Topic: Dogg Pound & Cash Money  (Read 336 times)

KURUPTION-81

Dogg Pound & Cash Money
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
I remember when it was announced that they had signed with cash money (never actually happened), i didnt think it was a good move.

Looking back now after what they have done with Lil Wayne, Jay Sean, Drake & Young Money i think dogg pound missed a good oportunuity for whatever reason.

Anyone else agree now times passed ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

Re: Dogg Pound & Cash Money
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
Can you imagine Daz on Bedrock. Lol. Screamin "crip" and "g mix" as adlibs haha.
funkyfreshintheflesh

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »
Can you imagine Daz on Bedrock. Lol. Screamin "crip" and "g mix" as adlibs haha.

Lol that would put a different twist on the track.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »
Nah they did not miss out on anything. The album would still not be out and at this point of their career I really don't think it would add much. Other than a Wayne feature.  :-X

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »
Im more of the opinion that an album would drop and affiliation with Wayne would have helped it sell. Im not talking huge numbers but better than they are doing.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
Yeah they fucked up. Didn't the pass on the deal cuz of the money? What they missed out on money they would've recouped from all the promo they would've got for all of Daz's "album cover" projects.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
Im more of the opinion that an album would drop and affiliation with Wayne would have helped it sell. Im not talking huge numbers but better than they are doing.

Possibly but I still doubt it would have dropped. Maybe some possible production and writing credits for them. Now if Snoop would have gotten behind it, a la CIA then I could see it.

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
I really don't think tha dogg pound missed out too much of a good opportunity, I mean just look at Glasses Malone isn't he signed with Cash Money? and it doesn't even seem like he's getting as much promotion as the other artists signed there, and look how long its taking them to release his album, I believe the same would've happened to Tha Dogg Pound, so its probably best that they didn't go through with it.

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
they wud just be in the same position as glasses

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
they wud just be in the same position as glasses

Wrong.

G.Malone is a new. Dogg Pound are legends, and already have an established fan base and their own connections. Plus, a lot of G.Malone's opportunities depend on Mack 10's success.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
remember daz on so so def would be the same thing with no new fanbase i belive!!
DPGC redid the whole album so i hope not that much south beats like if they are with cash money