Author Topic: UFC 111  (Read 808 times)

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: UFC 111
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
GSP from Quebec ..... yeaa motherfuckers
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

:grumpy:

Have you watched any boxing lately? UFC shits on that dying breed of boxing

of course I have.  Im a huge boxing fan.  Ive heard many takes on it...and I kind of agree with some....that UFC will be gone within a decade. I dunno, UFC is alright...but for one...its ridiculously boring IMO. I can appreciate the technique and skill...but when I watch UFC I find myself hoping for a KO and the KO's just arent anywhere near as dramatic as a KO in boxing.  And Ive actually watched a good amount of MMA matches.  But 80% of the matches are just two guys wrestling around with eachother...and of that 80%.....at least 50% of it is almost no action.  Id watch a Pacquiao fight over any MMA match you could possible dream up. And Im sure most of the country agrees...seeing as how even Pacquiao vs Clottey could be held at the Dallas Cowboy stadium.

gsp vs anderson would attract more then any pacquiao fight..boxing sucks...its sad when you only have 2 names that get any interest from people at all...

The Best of 3 Worlds

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

of course I have.  Im a huge boxing fan.  Ive heard many takes on it...and I kind of agree with some....that UFC will be gone within a decade. I dunno, UFC is alright...but for one...its ridiculously boring IMO. I can appreciate the technique and skill...but when I watch UFC I find myself hoping for a KO and the KO's just arent anywhere near as dramatic as a KO in boxing.  And Ive actually watched a good amount of MMA matches.  But 80% of the matches are just two guys wrestling around with eachother...and of that 80%.....at least 50% of it is almost no action.  Id watch a Pacquiao fight over any MMA match you could possible dream up. And Im sure most of the country agrees...seeing as how even Pacquiao vs Clottey could be held at the Dallas Cowboy stadium.

gsp vs anderson would attract more then any pacquiao fight..boxing sucks...its sad when you only have 2 names that get any interest from people at all...

GSP could fight Jesus and Pacquiao vs Mayweather would still put up better numbers LOL.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

GSP could fight Jesus and Pacquiao vs Mayweather would still put up better numbers LOL.

LOL. Exactly boxing has 2 guys that draw people! DYING BREED!!! What happens when these 2 are gone?WOOOOO!!!! BOXING IS DYING!! FACE THE FACTS!

The Best of 3 Worlds

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

LOL. Exactly boxing has 2 guys that draw people! DYING BREED!!! What happens when these 2 are gone?WOOOOO!!!! BOXING IS DYING!! FACE THE FACTS!

Boxing has been around forever...once Mayweather and Pacquiao go...more up and comers will take over....its been that way since the beginning. Those are just the two biggest draws now....since De La Hoya is gone.  UFC will have a difficult time crossing over the way boxing was able to do tho. UFC still mainly only appeals to a certain demographic....males between 18-30. And all the "bros" from the suburbs love the shit...cus they can finally watch other white guys fight lol.  Boxing is dominated by Black/Hispanic fighters....so every white male who got tired of watching white boxers get destroyed....switched to UFC. Eventually, the makeup of the UFC will change....then what? lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:59 AM »
I find it funny when people say MMA is boring. lol look at boxing, they're leaning on eachother through the whole fuckin fight, hey, look at me!! I'm watching boxing & slowly falling into hibernation 8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

Boxing has been around forever...once Mayweather and Pacquiao go...more up and comers will take over....its been that way since the beginning. Those are just the two biggest draws now....since De La Hoya is gone.  UFC will have a difficult time crossing over the way boxing was able to do tho. UFC still mainly only appeals to a certain demographic....males between 18-30. And all the "bros" from the suburbs love the shit...cus they can finally watch other white guys fight lol.  Boxing is dominated by Black/Hispanic fighters....so every white male who got tired of watching white boxers get destroyed....switched to UFC. Eventually, the makeup of the UFC will change....then what? lol

Jones vs Hopkins supposed to be a big fight is whats wrong with Boxing...All good tho stay in denial...Boxing sucks

The Best of 3 Worlds

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

I'm a huge boxing fan as well, but on the real, it's pretty clear that in America, Mixed Martial Arts has really started taking over in these past years. You're right, their main demographic is white males, but unfortunately that's the only demographic really needed for a sport to come on the rise.

Mayweather and Pacquiao will draw more than any MMA fight, but that's the one golden fight out of the whole ton going on (I expect Mayweather/Mosley to be a damn good fight too though). Boxing will still be slowly dying away. I don't think its 100% because of MMA though. I think it has more to do with everybody and their fuckin mamas creating a billion different promotions and stuffing their cards with absolute no-namers. To quote boxing promoter Lou DiBella during his debate with Joe Rogan "You didn't do this to us, we did this to ourselves"

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

I'm a huge boxing fan as well, but on the real, it's pretty clear that in America, Mixed Martial Arts has really started taking over in these past years. You're right, their main demographic is white males, but unfortunately that's the only demographic really needed for a sport to come on the rise.

Mayweather and Pacquiao will draw more than any MMA fight, but that's the one golden fight out of the whole ton going on (I expect Mayweather/Mosley to be a damn good fight too though). Boxing will still be slowly dying away. I don't think its 100% because of MMA though. I think it has more to do with everybody and their fuckin mamas creating a billion different promotions and stuffing their cards with absolute no-namers. To quote boxing promoter Lou DiBella during his debate with Joe Rogan "You didn't do this to us, we did this to ourselves"

I always just find it comical when people think a sport like boxing will simply fade away lol.  Youre right about the 18-30 yr old white male demographic being enough to help make a sport successful (in the meantime). However at some point MMA will need to cross over as boxing did. Boxing reached a level where young people, old people, men, women all watch it. It became similar to a Laker game where celebrities used matches as a social setting. UFC still mainly appeals to one group. My point was, that a lot of young to middle aged white males were pushed away from boxing due to their being such a huge lack in white boxers who were ever successful. Lets face it...people a lot of times will pull for their race.  So they turned to MMA cus there are a lot of white fighters. What happens when the diversity in that sport changes? Cus it will eventually. Those same fans will move on. Martial Arts has been around forever...its just that Americans didnt think it was cool until two big beefy white guys roll around in a ring together trying to do it.  I dont hate MMA, the sport itself...and the skill is legit.  I just see it as somewhat of a fad...and eventually it will fade away.  Whats the last NEW sport you were really into that lasted very long?

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 04:29:11 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

Jones vs Hopkins supposed to be a big fight is whats wrong with Boxing...All good tho stay in denial...Boxing sucks

lol what does that have to do with anything? Thats a big fight only because of their celbrity status at this point. If Roy Jones signed with UFC...his very first match there would be a BIG fight.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 05:45:22 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

lol what does that have to do with anything? Thats a big fight only because of their celbrity status at this point. If Roy Jones signed with UFC...his very first match there would be a BIG fight.

Im just trying to rile you up. I enjoy boxing, i just think MMA at this point is getting so strong, while boxing is struggling to stay above water

The Best of 3 Worlds

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »
ufc >>>>>>>>>> boxing

I always just find it comical when people think a sport like boxing will simply fade away lol.  Youre right about the 18-30 yr old white male demographic being enough to help make a sport successful (in the meantime). However at some point MMA will need to cross over as boxing did. Boxing reached a level where young people, old people, men, women all watch it. It became similar to a Laker game where celebrities used matches as a social setting. UFC still mainly appeals to one group. My point was, that a lot of young to middle aged white males were pushed away from boxing due to their being such a huge lack in white boxers who were ever successful. Lets face it...people a lot of times will pull for their race.  So they turned to MMA cus there are a lot of white fighters. What happens when the diversity in that sport changes? Cus it will eventually. Those same fans will move on. Martial Arts has been around forever...its just that Americans didnt think it was cool until two big beefy white guys roll around in a ring together trying to do it.  I dont hate MMA, the sport itself...and the skill is legit.  I just see it as somewhat of a fad...and eventually it will fade away.  Whats the last NEW sport you were really into that lasted very long?

Yeah boxing will never just literally die out. But even as an objective boxing fan I can almost guarantee you that boxing will still be declining even more than it has in the next couple years, after Pacman vs Mayweather. And MMA is STILL continuing to grow. Like you said MMA is going to have to eventually cross over like boxing did if it really wants to stand the test of time. But I believe its possible.

It's clear that race played a huge factor in MMA's growth, but I don't think that's what kept white people to continuously stay on board with the sport of MMA. For the record, only one of UFC's five champions is a white American, that person being Brock Lesnar, and he's the most hated man in all of MMA. As of now, I think MMA has to find a way to cross over to different age groups, but they've already done a good job reaching different races.

I'm a fan of both sports and couldn't give a shit less about popularity, I'm going to continue to watch good matches regardless of what sport it comes from. But you gotta admit, if MMA is a fad, it certainly has been a long-ass one, because I'd say as an overall sport MMA has been more popular than boxing for like 5 or 6 years now.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
mma is not a fad, its a growing sport. And young kids all around the world are starting to train mma its true its damn true

The Best of 3 Worlds

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
mma is not a fad, its a growing sport. And young kids all around the world are starting to train mma its true its damn true

Exactly. Its been growing for way too many years now for it to be considered a fad.

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »

Exactly. Its been growing for way too many years now for it to be considered a fad.

like Texas Hold Em Poker...lol

I dunno, for me it will take a WHILE before I consider any NEW sport anything more then a fad.  Like I said...which sports do u watch that have come about in the last....even 20-30 years?  I look at UFC...or MMA rather...the same way I look at the X-Games.  Its cool and all...and sometimes fun to watch, but it will struggle to be accepted as a legitimate sport the same way Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Boxing, etc is.  And another thing...as much as Dana White might have a good business mind....his personality and the fact that he is the face of that sport only makes things worse.  In order to be takin seriously as a sport...league....etc....there is a certain amount of professionalism that you need to have. Dana appears to have absolutely none. He almost makes his brand appear closer to WWE at times...then a legitimate sport. Obviously its not WWE...but that image that he gives his brand...is the reason why it appeals so much to beer guzzling rednecks more then anyone lol