Author Topic: Calling Out Names Appreciation  (Read 488 times)

MOON KNIGHT

Re: Calling Out Names Appreciation
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 09:53:49 PM »
Sup peeps...just whipped out my "The Streets is a Mutha" album...just realised what a classic diss track calling out names was. its actually up there with the best of all time. id even go as far as saying id put it right after Hit Em Up...

That and also Your Girlfriend was and absolute banger !! he really went hard on Foxxy Brown on that one....vicious i tell you....Kurupt spat straight venom !!

Who got the video of Kurupt Crying like a bitch cuz DMX fucked Foxy and Kurupt had just bought her a ring Kurupt was boogering like a bitch on that video.

Is there some video of Kurupt cryin like a bitch?

Yes.....I think this is the one  :'(   

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »

man y'all equals be on some serious stan shit, song was good but saying it was that great of a diss record? muthafucc d muthafucc x  i swear them lines are the just the illest ever  ::) yell

yeah , my equal , i think i need to be more precise, the only reason i like the song is the simple beat and the angry delivery . you can hear how kurupt catched feelings big time . the lyrics are, tbh, a bit whatever, especially the 50 cent line never made any sense to me , lol

but still, i bump the song now and then

Eddz

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 04:05:05 AM »
I'll probably get yelled on for this but I think the track was pretty average, noway it is up there with the best diss songs.

Bananas

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 04:12:35 AM »

>

Stop catching feelings kurupt

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 04:59:03 AM »
Kurupt went at DMX hard, but it wasn't really that great of a diss joint though, so I don't get the sudden "appreciation" for the track.  Come on now...

The funny thing is how I remember Kurupt was trying to take a Pac-style approach.  I wish I still had the article, but I remember this clearly.  Entertainment Weekly did a short interview with Kurupt about the song, and he said something (almost verbatim) like "It's not about East or West; it's about niggas and bitches, power and money, pistols and punks" which was STRANGELY reminiscent of Pac's intro to the Makaveli album.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44:38 AM »
i was talking about the track as a whole...beat, venom, hook...all go hard. and its straight west coast.

it bangs every time all the time