Author Topic: Lionel Messi is the G.O.A.T.  (Read 1263 times)

Elano

Re: Lionel Messi is the G.O.A.T.
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
I freaking hate Messi and Barcelona but the only one better/on the same level in this generation was Zidane. You can't call Messi G.O.A.T. yet because he still needs a couple more consistent years (remember Ronaldinho) and winning the WC would be the icing on the cake. And his right foot is still weak.

maradona wasn't a god with both feet,same thing for zidane

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
kuruption you should watch the Liga sometimes...

I watch plenty of la liga, Yes he is the best player in the world but you cant be calling him the G.O.A.T when players like maradona, pele did what messi is doing for a sustained period.

At the moment id even say Roberto Baggio is better than messi for what he did throughout his career. Now if messi carrys on this way for another 5 years or so then its worth having a discussionon if he is the G.O.A.T

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »

I watch plenty of la liga, Yes he is the best player in the world but you cant be calling him the G.O.A.T when players like maradona, pele did what messi is doing for a sustained period.

At the moment id even say Roberto Baggio is better than messi for what he did throughout his career. Now if messi carrys on this way for another 5 years or so then its worth having a discussionon if he is the G.O.A.T

pele ? he's the most overrated player EVER.
he was a king in the brazilian league, big deal  ::)

Invincible

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »
Ronaldo (Brazilian one) and Zidane are greater players than Messi.
ah ah ah ronaldo sure  :D
and ferguson is not an alcoholic  ::)

You're an idiot. He is easily the best player of this generation.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 12:38:44 PM »

lol i will give you props for being a WUM (Wind up merchant)

You do realise he scored 77 goals in 92 games for Brazil, winning three world cups. So its pretty clear he could score goals against any side, not to mention his first world cup win was in 1958 and his last n in 1970 where he also voted player of the tournoment. Thats 12 years of scoring goals at the highest level.

such a shame injuries went against him.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
I freaking hate Messi and Barcelona but the only one better/on the same level in this generation was Zidane. You can't call Messi G.O.A.T. yet because he still needs a couple more consistent years (remember Ronaldinho) and winning the WC would be the icing on the cake. And his right foot is still weak.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l1d7FiMdfus&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;t" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l1d7FiMdfus&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;t</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l1d7FiMdfus&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;t" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l1d7FiMdfus&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;t</a>
That kick is god-like.

kemizt

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »
u dont need to win a WORLD CUP to be G.O.A.T.

if that was the case then only players from brazil, italy, germany, argentina, england and france are eligible  ::) ::) 
makes no sense....what about all the SPANISH, DUTCH, PORTUGESE or any other nation...not every nation is capable of winning world cup, doesnt mean ONE INDIVIDUAL is disqualified from being the best player eve

Elano

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »

lol i will give you props for being a WUM (Wind up merchant)

You do realise he scored 77 goals in 92 games for Brazil, winning three world cups. So its pretty clear he could score goals against any side, not to mention his first world cup win was in 1958 and his last n in 1970 where he also voted player of the tournoment. Thats 12 years of scoring goals at the highest level.

12 years just with the national team, the rest of the time he was playing in a shitty league....BIG DEAL.
he was just training himself for the world cups

and you're an asshole, ronaldo has been the best player just for 3/4 years.
i know what i'm talking about,i've seen him live for the whole amazing season 97/98, but he was done after the first big injury.
messi now is like ronaldo at his best.
r9 was my favorite player ever, but you should analise his whole career.  ::)

tempo2

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
these discussions always make me laugh. is messi really any better than maradona? is anyone really any better than zidane? was pele better that eusebio? its always funny to me how people never mention eusebio in the goat discussions, its always pele this pele that. his record for benfica was quite staggering, 648 goals in 614 games thats insane, thats scoring at a high rate for many many many years

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 02:22:42 AM »
Messi is a LONG LONG way off being the g.o.a.t. For starters, in football history there are 50, maybe even 100 players who have achieved more accolades both personally and through their performance for their team. Sure, come back and say this when Messi is 35 years old and about to retire and ask the same and we'll be closer to telling you the answer.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 02:55:34 AM »
Some of the posts in here are disturbingly idiotic.

The worst one I think was that a player can't be considered the GOAT if he doesn't win the World Cup?

So under the same logic, if Michael Jordan played most of his career with the Trailblazers and didn't win a Championship ring then he wouldn't have been as good?

Back to the original post though - Messi is out of this world at the moment but I refuse to be drawn into discussing a 22-year-old as the greatest player of all time.

Get back to me in 10 years.
NO MORE WAR

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2010, 04:34:38 AM »
It's pointless to compare players from different generations anyway.

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
that fool is R.A.W.    but not G.O.A.T

Jome

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2010, 01:48:58 PM »
Messi strikes again, this time in El Clásico..  8)