Author Topic: Danny Boy "It's About Time" album sampler + Crooked I Deathrow album in June??  (Read 919 times)

DTG Entertainment

there is not a so called 96 album. the trakcklist has never been made

Actually, there is. Run through the DATS, and there is. There's two different versions of it. Also, the Crooked I most likely won't come out.

Yeah? Who were the people that worked on it at the time ? And what songs we should expect to hear ?

RE: Crooked I, I couldn't tell you what to expect. Depends on what era, and I'd ask Effex. He knows Crooked I's stuff better than me.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
shiiiiit soundin dope...for sure pickin this up....man the track steppin is soundin like somethin sick...

KURUPTION-81

Actually, there is. Run through the DATS, and there is. There's two different versions of it. Also, the Crooked I most likely won't come out.

why wont it come out ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

DTG Entertainment

why wont it come out ?

I believe it might get blocked.

KURUPTION-81

why wont it come out ?

I believe it might get blocked.

im assuming the only people who coulb attempt to block it would be crook and his team.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Really feelin the track Steppin and the cover of Mama Used To Say! Vintage DR

Mietek23

If the Crooked I tape ever drops, it will prolly containst the tracks from "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" era as the tittle "Hoodstar" suggest.. BUT - remember that Crooked I like Dre owns his publishing so if WideAwake wants to drop something from his catalogue, they better get in touch with him..

As far as the Danny Boy CD goes - it sounds really good so I'll buy it for sure :)

EFFeX

As much as I'd love to see the Wide Awake Crooked I album...

I'll just say, don't get your hopes up on this dropping. I hope it does, believe me!

Anyway, I'm assuming this is going to be Say Hi To The Bad Guy material... oh yeah, most of that leaked already. DAMN IT.  :-X In all seriousness, there's a bunch of Say Hi To The Bad Guy material that hasn't surfaced yet, but I'm sure there's gonna be quite a few overlaps if this does drop.

How about Wide Awake just drop Untouchable, the FINISHED version? Would that really be so hard for them instead of making up these fake albums?

EFFeX

BUT - remember that Crooked I like Dre owns his publishing so if WideAwake wants to drop something from his catalogue, they better get in touch with him..

Yessir.

Dogg Ly Dogg

That much DJ Quik productions  :o can someone can confirm these credits?
but what a waste of beats for this garbage r&b lover and besides that not even one rap feature too  :-X

GangstaBoogy

I don't believe that Crooked I owns his own publishing shit. More boss talk. Didn't he say it in one of his freestyles "don't release my old shit"? If he could block it he would've just said that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

I don't believe that Crooked I owns his own publishing shit. More boss talk. Didn't he say it in one of his freestyles "don't release my old shit"? If he could block it he would've just said that.

I don't recall that interview, could you find that for us?

I do clearly remember hearing him say that he wanted nothing to do with the Death Row name and would release the stuff if it simply came out under Wide Awake.

Mietek23

I think your talking about his verse on "Homage 2 Dre" track where he says:

"And whoever brought the catalogue - get at me dog
Don't try to drop my old shit unless I say so"

Matty

man this sounds pretty damn sick. unreleased quik from mid 90s era!!!

'blow your mind away' and especially 'steppin', wow 8)

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ima buy this. finest death row rnb, quik devante productions, what do u want more?