Author Topic: Nas Nigger Album... been almost 2 yrs, what ya'll think in retrospect?  (Read 1045 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Nas Nigger Album... been almost 2 yrs, what ya'll think in retrospect?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
I actually listened to the album for the first time a few weeks ago. When it first came out I was so disappointed by him and Kelis smiling and wearing "nigger" shirts that I completely ignored this one. But Nas is one of my favorite rappers so it was only a matter of time before I gave in...

The first 5 tracks on the albums are all dope, and then the album just fades into obscurity after that. 

Wow. Way to shed yourself of any credibility.

There were 3 joints I never stopped listening to, "Breathe", "We Make The World Go Round", and "Hero"...

This song has NO business being on the album. Beat sucks, Game's verse doesn't rhyme, Nas calling Chris Brown the new Michael Jackson - I just don't like anything about this song.

But listening to the ENTIRE album again today for the first time in a while, it sounds like he was pre-occupied with this whole "Nigger" concept for the album and forgot all about actually making hott joints.  And the theme for the album was very unfocused, because he was trying to balance 60's Black Panther revolutionary rhetoric with great hope and aspirations for Barack Obama's 2008 presidential run, and it all became confusing to listen to.

What was so confusing? I think Nas did an amazing job  showing how slavery still plays a part in the minds / hearts of African Americans to this day. I'm just shocked he was able to release songs like "Sly Fox", "Louis Farrakhan", and "Black President".

My favorite song is "Ya'll My Niggas" tho...

"Aye I was thinkin a lil bit
What would it take to authenticate my nigga-ness
Ball ridiculous, 26 inches when I call up the dealership
Aww thats some nigga shit
We only out for our own benefits
We havin too many kids, with Claudines, welfare recipients
The infamous free clinics is the sickest shit
Makes me wonder what the hell they clean their syringes with"

Got damn!
The only complaints I have about this album is the length of some of the song. I believe "Fried Chicken", "Project Roach", and "Testify" are all under 3 minutes. And one of my favorites, "Louis Farrakhan" was so amazing but I was highly disappointed that there was no 3rd verse.

Bottom line - AMAZING album. Like I always say - Nas & Cube are the 2 best rappers ever (doesn't matter which order you put them in).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
i kinda agree with whiteboy on this one, Nas i one of my favourite rappers of all time, but i do find him boring from time to time, and this album is one of those times unfortunately... :-\

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
Queens Get The Money, Hero, Breathe, Fried Chicken, Y'all My Niggas, N.I.G.G.E.R., Sly Fox and Black President were all hot tracks. My favorite Nas album to come out in a while to be honest.

Y'all My Niggas is easily my favorite track off that album though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »
i thought it was really good.

big step up from Hip Hop Is Dead, in my opinion.

4/5

I thought top to bottom Hip-Hop Is Dead was solid throughout, had bangers and less fillers and easily better overall compared to the Nigger album.

Seems like most everyone disagrees with me though about 1rst half of Nigger album >>>>> Second half of album.  But at least show some love for "Breathe".   I haven't heard anyone else mention that track (except Sikotic just now).
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »
Imo this was the best album released in 2008 & possibly the best Nas album after Stillmatic (not counting Lost Tapes).

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »
knot concept,alot of ill rhymes,yet shit was still boring as fucc,nas needs and executive producer to oversea his shit tough at all times, songs he didn't put on it was better then shit that was on the finished product, hell i think he could have got with khalil  alone and made an all time classic yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Jaydc

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
A great album,he stuck to the concept very well and he did something different then the norm at def jam.Nas albums on def jame stick out greatly compared to all their other cookie cutter releases,though im sure infinite loves those albums considering he listed the three worst songs on the album as his favourite songs.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Love the album. The two singles were weak and I dislike Project Roach (Nas didn't execute the concept well).  But I love the other 12 joints, great album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
Great album. Consistent, cohesive and creative.

The only joint I don't really enjoy is the chris brown one doesnt fit

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »
i thought it was really good.

big step up from Hip Hop Is Dead, in my opinion.

4/5

I thought top to bottom Hip-Hop Is Dead was solid throughout, had bangers and less fillers and easily better overall compared to the Nigger album.

Seems like most everyone disagrees with me though about 1rst half of Nigger album >>>>> Second half of album.  But at least show some love for "Breathe".   I haven't heard anyone else mention that track (except Sikotic just now).

breathe is dope. I just place all the other songs above it except for the two singles.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
Great album! Only things I dislike about it is that the Game/Brown song made it on while that Khalil song didn't and some of the songs are abit short

O and 'Hero' was sick, one of my favourite mainstream singles of the last few years

D-TalkX

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
Maybe it's cuz i'm white but....this album cranked hard to me...had one song on it. I was so disappointed.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
wasnt feelin it either

Maybe it's cuz i'm white but....this album cranked hard to me...had one song on it. I was so disappointed.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 10:03:23 PM »
I love this whole album, I loved streets disciple too (aside from a few tracks).

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »
Solid album. More shock value then anything else with the whole title controversy but musically it was good.