Author Topic: Dubcnn: New Music Column "Is It Me... Or Do I Smell Some Ish?" By Stan Sheppard  (Read 129 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn is very excited to announce a brand new music column that will be debuting in May 2010 called "Is It Me.. Or Do I Smell Some Ish?", that will give our readers a behind the scenes look at the recording industry.

Launched by the heavyweight entertainment industry executive Stan Sheppard, the column will give an in-depth look at the deals being made across the country, the politics behind making those deals and their potential for success in the marketplace. For our readers who are not familiar with Stan Sheppard, we will list his accomplishments below.

Stan Sheppard first started out as a writer/producer in the 1980's at Island Records. While there, he wrote/produced the label's first #1 R&B single on the Neo-Soul group By All Means. The group went on to have two Gold records worldwide. In 1990, Sheppard was given a multi-million dollar deal with Motown Records and while there he wrote/produced two number one R&B songs and four Top 10 singles on the Grammy Award winning R&B acts Gerald Alston and The Temptations.

While at Motown, his recordings sold over 10 million units worldwide. In 1994, Sheppard was hired by the world famous Jackson Family to be the co-president of the family's entertainment division which he ran with his life-long friend Jermaine Jackson.

In 1996, Sheppard entered the field of Rap Music where he established the West Coast Rap Music powerhouse label Sheppard Lane Records with Tony Lane. This label/management company directed the careers of figures like DJ Quik, DJ Battlecat, Suga Free and Mausberg amongst others.

Sheppard was also responsible for freeing DJ Quik and 2nd II None from their awful contracts at Profile Records and then negotiated a multi-million dollar deal for them at Arista Records with Mr. Clive Davis.

Sheppard was also responsible for uniting Snoop Dogg and DJ Quik on stage for a live performance for the first time in history. During his time at Sheppard Lane Records, Sheppards artists/producers sold over 20 million records world-wide. Sheppard, along with Power 106's program director, Damion "Damizza" Young helped to establish Power 106 as a Rap music powerhouse and together they were responsible for bringing the stations number one air personality Big Boy to prominence as their morning time DJ. Sheppard and Young also conceived and launched the DJ Quik radio show at the station.

Now, I guess you can see why dubcnn is very excited to have Stan Sheppard on board. Stay tuned and get ready for some very interesting reading.

For more information on Stan Sheppard, check out dubcnn's interview with him back in November of 2008 by clicking here.

KURUPTION-81

Should be good !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Soopahigh

Paul

Interesting
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
nice addition to dubcnn ;)