Author Topic: Ryan Howard Lands A 5-Year Extension For $125 Million  (Read 256 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ryan Howard Lands A 5-Year Extension For $125 Million
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »
^ chase, whos their 2nd, halladay? .. i dont mind the deal, its long, but they are gonna let werth go after this year, and its not my money they are spending, i think howard will be good through 2016, and he has really picked up his work at 1st base...

Halladay/Utley...Howard

I agree on it's not your money, I could care less how much Rogers (Blue Jays owner) spends on a Vernon Wells, pay him $50 million for all I care but when your team is a on a budget it will kill your team when one ineffective player takes up 25% or so of that budget.  And assume the Phillies are on some sort of budget that money will probably go to better use 5 years down the road. 
I don't even think he's worth that price now, let alone when he's 35, they are paying a top 25 player top 5 money. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »
i think they figure hes still a steady run producer, and since werth is most likely leaving, ibanez is not only fallen off, but only has one year left, they will play youngsters, and rollins is not having another mvpesque year, so they wanted a steady amount of hrs and rbis for the next 6 years, imo i dont care about hte money as much as lenghth, i dont like these rediculously long deals

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »
it scares me where player salaries are going.   in 10 years $35/40MM a year contracts will be the norm.   :-X

we all in the wrong business.   :'(
I hear ya.  And there's no player ever that's worth that.  Bad enuff Bobby Cox says Pujols is worth 50 mil a year.  There's nobody else to blame but Boras, some players who act like 17 & 20 mil a year is still starving >:(  & certain owners.  Tom Hicks & the whinebrenners.