Author Topic: has Durant surpassed Kobe?  (Read 637 times)

OG Hack Wilson

has Durant surpassed Kobe?
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/rolling-stone-kevin-durant-better-than-kobe-bryant/

Kobe in reality has been no better than the second-best player in the league for about 18 months now — LeBron James passed him somewhere back in ‘08. He still had a legit claim to Alpha Dog status coming in to this year because he’d just won a championship. But there’s a big difference between being “in the conversation” for the top-dog status and being the third-best guy — and one who’s getting older. And that’s where he is, third, because Durant is suddenly poster-izing the whole league.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: has Durant surpassed Kobe?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
lol well....Im definitely no Kobe fan. I like team players. But I wouldnt go THAT far yet. As a scorer...Durant is nuts. And this year I think he had a better overall year than Kobe. But he obviousy has a way to go and needs to do this consistently. Kobe has been taking a lot of heat for that game 4 performance tho...even from LA radio lol.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:03:49 AM »
you have to consider durant is giving all that he has, while kobe is thinking "we are gonna beat them anyways, im getting old, why would i work my ass off in the first round?"

but other than that, durant has been the better player in this series
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:42 AM »
 :loco:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »
not yet, but i guess you could say he's on his way.

pretty embaressing, the Lakers have the best starting five with a sixth man that would be the second best player on almost any other team & they can't the 8th seed.

nice. :D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »
i dont think so, but i like him playing D on kobe, that height advantage is on point.. kobe hasnt even really been driving inside i agree with 7even

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »

pretty embaressing, the Lakers have the best starting five with a sixth man that would be the second best player on almost any other team & they can't the 8th seed.

i dunno about the sixth man lol which playoff team would he be the second best player on?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »

i dunno about the sixth man lol which playoff team would he be the second best player on?

that's true, maybe not the second best player; but on just about any team, he'd play a big role, where the Lakers have the luxury of having him come off the bench.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

that's true, maybe not the second best player; but on just about any team, he'd play a big role, where the Lakers have the luxury of having him come off the bench.

i feel yah.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:36:55 AM »
Lets be honest, Kevin Durant is about 5 nba titles and 15 years away from surpassing Kobe. Its not even a competition. You have to contribute your whole career of consistent great play to be where Kobe is.

People are so quick to throw shit on the veteran and throw dickspit on the newbie.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
Lets be honest, Kevin Durant is about 5 nba titles and 15 years away from surpassing Kobe. Its not even a competition. You have to contribute your whole career of consistent great play to be where Kobe is.

People are so quick to throw shit on the veteran and throw dickspit on the newbie.

kind of funny that Kobe fans used to do the same thing....in a sad attempt to try and compare him to Jordan lol

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
Kobe has not been himself for more than 2 months ... should have surgery when he got that finger broke plus that knee and ankle pbs are making him look like a grandfather on the court

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »

kind of funny that Kobe fans used to do the same thing....in a sad attempt to try and compare him to Jordan lol

fair comment mate, but my point still stands. Theres a difference between having one great year and having one great great career.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »

fair comment mate, but my point still stands. Theres a difference between having one great year and having one great great career.

agreed. I could take a single Allen Iverson season and make the argument that he is one of the top 3 players of all time. But obviously he isnt

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
so how good does that make em then? lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.