Author Topic: Albums You Sold Back In The Day As A Kid, and Then Had To Go Buy Um Again....  (Read 232 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I thought of this topic when someone said they bought the Firm album and sold it, and wished they still had it.  I know with downloading and everything this doesn't really happen anymore, but think back to the 90's when you were a kid, maybe some people have some funny stories.

Albums I Sold As A Kid:  2pac- All Eyez On Me

2pac- All Eyez On Me-  1996, I was 13, and as an aspiring you businessman I came up with the brilliant idea that I would copy the good songs off the album and then sell it, cause everyone wanted it and some kids parents wouldn't let them buy it, lol.  I made a trade with a girl on my bus, I gave her All Eyez On Me in return for $5.00 and the Kriss Kross Young Rich And Dangerous album, lol.  Imagine that, the album All Eyes On Me which represented the pinnacle of West Coast Rap and arguably the greatest heights hip-hop would ever achieve, and I sold it for Kriss Kross Young Rich And Dangerous Album (which was tight at the time, but obviously not a classic).

At the time I sold it, it was in the early spring. When summer came around "How Do You Want It" blew up, and I realized that I had actually missed copying that track on the copy I made to tape.  It was like a hidden gem I had missed.  I was so mad that I sold the album, I had to borrow it from a friend and dubb that song on repeat on a blank tape, and I used to play that song everyday in the summer of 1996.

Finally after Pac died and hip-hop started to fall off, I realized less then a year after his death that there may never be albums as great as that one, and I went back and bought it again.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:55:36 PM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

I used to trade a lot of CD's then I'd steal em back.  Then I'd have extra CD's.

Muhfukka

infant your childhood sucked dick, quit talking about it

Bananas

lol

But yeah, I never sold original copies of cd's I owned. Around 96 my stepmom had a cd burner before they included them in every retail computer. It was one of those clunky external ones that you could burn up to 5 at once in. I used to burn albums like crazy and sell/trade/give them to people at school. I remember I would always burn an album say 36 Chambers, then at the end put the Jaws theme as a bonus track. thats how people knew it came from me. I don't know why, it just seemed like a good idea. It was the predecessor to loud negroes shouting over tracks.

Sikotic™

lol.

Life peaking at 13 = ELANO

Never really had to repurchase any of my albums though, since I always made a back up copy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

hahah. Figures as we kids we wouldn't know what's dope until it gets played on the radio. Explains a lot about today's music actually.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

My childhood was great actually, and you are still a child with no signs of maturing!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

StevenQBosell

The Firm, Chronic '92 (had 3 copies, sold 2, then lost the 3rd), and Ready To Die (same situation) Anybody remember BMG back in the day? Back in the day we used to have those BMG CD's stacked for days, I had so many copies of CDs, because you knew at some point they were gonna get scratched, or you'd lose them, or friends would borrow them, bring em back all scratched... to some degree, I'm kinda happy Cd's aren't as popular anymore

Triple OG Rapsodie

actually I traded illmatic to my brother when I was 12, 13 cause i was still stuck on that west coast sound. Hadn't gotten into the grimy new york sound yet.

doggfather

I gave a doggystyle cassette one of my ex's brother...

For free!

(I got it on cd, but it was a bad move)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

I sold The Firm album away years ago cause i needed the money and i really didn't like it back then. Actually now i like most of the album and i need to get it back.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:19:02 AM by Okka »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Never sold jack but made mad copies off OG cassettes for friends/family.

Around 96 my stepmom had a cd burner...

Shit, that musta burnt at 0.5 speed, lol.