Author Topic: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley  (Read 1711 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT - Mayweather vs. Mosley
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »
That's my point, he needs to fight everyone and the best in 147-160 in order for some people to even give him props. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
That's my point, he needs to fight everyone and the best in 147-160 in order for some people to even give him props. 

Not everyone. But amongst true boxing fans there has always been some question as to who Floyd choses to fight. No one ever really questions whether he is a great fighter. But when you take someone like Mosley...or Pacquiao....or shit, even De La Hoya (who I think has made a HOF career off of LOSING to the greats of this generation lol), they have fought EVERY big fighter of their generations. They didnt duck anyone. Mosley took on guys like Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest. Guys who gave him all kinds of trouble. But guys who no one else wanted to fight. Roy Jones drew some criticism for his opponents...but it was always recognized that it wasnt HIS fault that he didnt have many great fighters to fight. There just werent any out there. Floyd moved into a weight class with Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Williams, Pacquiao...etc. All of those guys were ranked way ahead of Oscar. But who did Floyd fight? An aging De La Hoya. When you look at those fighters, all of them have fought at least ONE of the others guys. Floyd has fought none of em...until just now when Mosley is 38. Even HBO made the comment that Floyd was a big favorite in this fight with Mosley...not necessarily because everyone just thinks he is the better fighter. But because betters know that Floyd wouldnt take a fight against a dangerous fighter....unless that fighter (Mosley) was just done. Those arent my words....thats HBO, who has a business interest in building UP Floyd. Too many people think that when you criticize an athlete...its hate. lol Thats childish. I think Floyd is great...but its his OWN fault that so many people question his heart, and question where he actually stands in the ranks of all time greats. And also his fault that Pacquiao is the consensus P4P champ right now.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
Mayweather got to Welterweight at the wrong time.  Was he not facing the best as he was moving up all the way to Welterweight?  He did work and if Oscar was in his prime at 147 when Mayweather was coming guaranteed they would have fought each other.  Oscar was still fighting, albeit over the hill... so what was any boxer in Mayweather's position to do?  Fight Oscar of course.  That's a no brainer.  In retrospect, Margarito and Cotto weren't the boxers that they were being billed at the time.  Without a doubt, Mayweather would have ran circles around Margarito and make him look foolish.  Probably not knock him out, but the end result would be an easy W for Mayweather.  Cotto might have been a bit more interested, but his movement isn't good at all so that's just isn't good news for him to fight Mayweather. When it comes to Pac, I'll predict this.  Mayweather TKO Victory before 10 rounds. 

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
Mayweather got to Welterweight at the wrong time.  Was he not facing the best as he was moving up all the way to Welterweight?  He did work and if Oscar was in his prime at 147 when Mayweather was coming guaranteed they would have fought each other.  Oscar was still fighting, albeit over the hill... so what was any boxer in Mayweather's position to do?  Fight Oscar of course.  That's a no brainer.  In retrospect, Margarito and Cotto weren't the boxers that they were being billed at the time.  Without a doubt, Mayweather would have ran circles around Margarito and make him look foolish.  Probably not knock him out, but the end result would be an easy W for Mayweather.  Cotto might have been a bit more interested, but his movement isn't good at all so that's just isn't good news for him to fight Mayweather. When it comes to Pac, I'll predict this.  Mayweather TKO Victory before 10 rounds. 

Kind of hard to say "if he fought them" you know? You have to see two fighters get in the ring. Margarito destroyes Cotto, Cotto beat Mosley, and Mosley destroyes Margarito lol.

The thing is, EVERYBODY wanted to fight De La Hoya at one point. So Floyd was no different of course. De La Hoya is the money maker and everyone knew it. You fight De La Hoya, its gonna be a big fight and you will get paid. So unfortunately the politics of boxing creates fights like that...rather then ones that SHOULD happen. The problem for me only comes when Mayweather runs his mouth about being the greatest...and no one can compare. Shit like "just look at my record" lol. Of course he is undefeated. He weighs every opponent on a risk/reward basis. And if a tough fighter is out there, but not a big enough name for him to make 20 million off the fight...he wont take it. Even if THAT is the best fighter out there for him to fight. How many of the GREATEST fighters were undefeated?? The reason is because the greatest fighters, for the most part, fought the OTHER greatest fighters of their era. Not just the ones that they could make the most money on...and be able to beat. If Mayweather wants to say he has the greatest record right now...cool. Cant argue against that. But dont give me that bullshit about being the greatest when youve hid from the other elite fighters.

Btw, this is the issue I used to have with people saying Julio Caeser Chavez was the greatest when he was like 80-0....and no one could name even 5 fighters that he faced cus they were all nobodies lol

And for Mayweather/Pacquiao (if it happens). I dunno what to think. Really I think it can go either way. Everytime I watch Pacquiao...I get worried that he is in there with someone too big who might drop him...and then he crushes them. So if De La Hoya or Cotto couldnt stop him (who are much harder punchers then Floyd), I dont see how Floyd will KO him. The key will be for Pacquiao to punch in combinations. Thats the mistake Mosley made. You cant go for the one punch KO with Floyd. Plus, when you punch only once at a time it makes it too easy for him to counter. I say Pacquiao by decision.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
Arum said he wants Pacquiao to have his next fight in Sept-Dec.  That gives him enough time to detox off w/e enhancements he may or may not be on...  I don't see why he won't take the drug tests.. If you aint on nothing, why is it such a big deal.. It isn't any kind of defamation, I think Floyd just wants an even fight, and that's the proper way to make sure he gets one..

He said he would take the drug tests already. He just believes that when he took the blood tests before the Morales fight, it made him weaker for the fight. He mentioned that way back after the Morales fight....so it isnt just some excuse he has come up with now. He believes that being the smaller man, giving blood will affect him more then Mayweather and put him at a disadvantage. He already said before, he would give blood tests all the way up until 24 days before the fight...so youll know if he has been on any PED's during training. And take another test immediately after the fight, to guarantee no PED's in his system during the fight. Sounds good enough for any logical person. Floyd is just making excuses to not fight at this point.

So the Olympic style testing requires tests directly before and after the fight?   Yeah, 24 hours is a short enough span, I didn't know that.  In that case, man up Floyd!

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Arum said he wants Pacquiao to have his next fight in Sept-Dec.  That gives him enough time to detox off w/e enhancements he may or may not be on...  I don't see why he won't take the drug tests.. If you aint on nothing, why is it such a big deal.. It isn't any kind of defamation, I think Floyd just wants an even fight, and that's the proper way to make sure he gets one..

He said he would take the drug tests already. He just believes that when he took the blood tests before the Morales fight, it made him weaker for the fight. He mentioned that way back after the Morales fight....so it isnt just some excuse he has come up with now. He believes that being the smaller man, giving blood will affect him more then Mayweather and put him at a disadvantage. He already said before, he would give blood tests all the way up until 24 days before the fight...so youll know if he has been on any PED's during training. And take another test immediately after the fight, to guarantee no PED's in his system during the fight. Sounds good enough for any logical person. Floyd is just making excuses to not fight at this point.

So the Olympic style testing requires tests directly before and after the fight?   Yeah, 24 hours is a short enough span, I didn't know that.  In that case, man up Floyd!

Manny doesnt want the blood taken in the last 3 weeks before the fight....but said he would take another blood test immediately after the fight to prove no PED's in his system during the fight. His only other stipulation he said, is that he doesnt wanna be woken up in the middle of the night to give blood which is understandable during training.

Anyways, there should be HUGE pressure for this fight to happen now. I think the previous attempt was also made difficult because they had a short time span to work with...since Manny is running for office this May.  So they should have plenty of time to work out the details. Its gonna mainly come down to Arum and Mayweather putting their ego's aside I think.

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
You know what I was just thinking. Did Mosley stay the champion on Saturday?! Cus Floyd didnt challenge for the belt.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »

Manny doesnt want the blood taken in the last 3 weeks before the fight....but said he would take another blood test immediately after the fight to prove no PED's in his system during the fight. His only other stipulation he said, is that he doesnt wanna be woken up in the middle of the night to give blood which is understandable during training.

Anyways, there should be HUGE pressure for this fight to happen now. I think the previous attempt was also made difficult because they had a short time span to work with...since Manny is running for office this May.  So they should have plenty of time to work out the details. Its gonna mainly come down to Arum and Mayweather putting their ego's aside I think.

Oh I see.  Yeah, even right after the fight if there's anything he's been taking, it will show up for sure.   I think they both know the true test of their skill lies within facing each other.  Aside from the money, I do believe Floyd wants to prove his worth as the legit pound for pound best.  His ego commands it.

Floyd truly shows boxing is an art, and a science, and that's why I started watching.  It intrigues me to want to see him face the cardiac fury of Pacquiao.  I would def Floyd the best of this decade if he can defeat Pacman.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
You know what I was just thinking. Did Mosley stay the champion on Saturday?! Cus Floyd didnt challenge for the belt.

Wikipedia said this: WBA Super World welterweight title not on the line for Mayweather; only for Mosley.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
NBCSports.com news services
updated 53 minutes ago

Manny Pacquiao appeared to soften his stance about blood testing, saying he would be willing to undergo testing 14 days before a fight if it helps set up a showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr., ESPN reported Monday.

Mayweather and Pacquiao had originally agreed to a megafight last year before it broke down in a dispute over blood and urine testing. Mayweather wanted strict testing before the fighting, hinting that he thought Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs. Pacquiao, meanwhile, wanted a cutoff of blood testing 24 days before any fight.

Pacquiao has said he feels drawing blood would make him weaker.

"I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood (tests) as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test," Pacquiao said on his official website, ESPN reported.

No talks have restarted on a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, ESPN reported.

The two sides had agreed on everything except the drug testing in January. But when they couldn't agree on the testing, each went his separate way. But talk of the bout restarted after Mayweather beat Shane Mosley on Saturday night.

"If Manny Pacquiao can take a blood and urine test then we have a fight," Mayweather said Saturday night. "If not, no fight."

Pacquiao is currently campaigning in the Philippines for a seat in Congress. His promoter, Bob Arum, said he wasn't concerned about a fight right now.

"I'm not going to lose any sleep over it," Arum said Sunday, the Associated Press reported. "What I'm concerned about right now is Manny winning the election. If the fight doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. We're not going to be dictated to."

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »
Floyd paid some sort of fee to not fight for the title or something like that. 

updated 53 minutes ago

Manny Pacquiao appeared to soften his stance about blood testing, saying he would be willing to undergo testing 14 days before a fight if it helps set up a showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr., ESPN reported Monday.

Turns out this was a myth and Pac never said that

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »

And for Mayweather/Pacquiao (if it happens). I dunno what to think. Really I think it can go either way. Everytime I watch Pacquiao...I get worried that he is in there with someone too big who might drop him...and then he crushes them. So if De La Hoya or Cotto couldnt stop him (who are much harder punchers then Floyd), I dont see how Floyd will KO him. The key will be for Pacquiao to punch in combinations. Thats the mistake Mosley made. You cant go for the one punch KO with Floyd. Plus, when you punch only once at a time it makes it too easy for him to counter. I say Pacquiao by decision.

I think Floyd can handle those combinations, if Pac can even throw them at Floyd.  Every fighter seems to stop doing what's working for them against Mayweather in the early rounds.  It's no coincidence, Floyd adjusts.  Every boxer has lowered their workrate dramatically against Floyd, except for the first Castillo fight.  That shows you that Floyd makes the opponent think twice about going after him.  I know Mayweather has no punching power, but De La Hoya or Cotto do not have the accuracy Floyd has.  I don't care how weak it is, if you keep on getting hit by solid shot after solid shot while getting tired from missing...it could be over sooner than the 12th round. 

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »

updated 53 minutes ago

As far as Floyd. I kinda respect him not fighting for Shanes belt I guess. I think a lot of those within boxing do too. I dunno about the fee. Basically when you fight for the title and win, the WBA would have received a percentage of his fight money. I believe its substantial too...like 2 or 3 % which with what Floyd earned off this fight would probably have been like $300,000. He said the belt would just "collect dust"...so he didnt wanna pay them

bussy_mama

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:21 PM »
GUYS ITS HAPPENING LIVE IN OUR COUNTRY. THE 1ST ONLINE ROMANCE FORUM www.synamix.net CHECK OUT SYNAMIX FORUM TO DISCUSS LOVE, ROMANCE, RELATIONSHIP, SEX, HEALTH, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE ISSUES AND ANY MORE DISCUSSIONS ON www.synamix.net . JOIN US TODAY.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »

updated 53 minutes ago

http://www.examiner.com/x-37982-International-Sports-Examiner~y2010m5d3-Manny-Pacquiao-agrees-to-blood-tests

Those sources are wrong?  Fail video translation? =x

Also I Read he promised his mother only 1 more fight after Cotto (Clottey), and now she wants him to retire? lol..  He's gonna have to exercise some grown-man authority cuz he can't retire now!