Author Topic: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...  (Read 2408 times)

Lunatic

Re: Cypress Hill sells 18k and Kurupt sells ...
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
Uhm, not trying to kick off the "profit" discussion again Lunatic, but I have to agree with everybody who criticized what you said. Nobody said you are wrong, but the way you talk makes it seem like you KNOW, when you really have no clue and are assuming based on what you think makes sense.

Oh and I can see all those guest appearances being done for free, but you do realize that as long as an album hasn't recouped all the marketing/promotion costs, it is not making profit? If you press up 3000 cds yourself and sell them out the trunk, then yeah, you're making profit. Buzt there's a whole team involved here, they filmed 2 videos, they had the KCNN episodes, etc. Again, I have no idea how much money was or wasn't made, but neither do you, which is why people jumped on you for your comment.
As I stated, I don't know but I'm being realistic here.

We can both see all these guest appearances being done for free or for favors in return, etc. I doubt this album has seen much marketing/promotion costs. Some, but not many (no budget breakers). Weren't the videos done by Dah Dah? He seems to be an in house director over there at DPG, doubt he charges them much at all.

All I'm saying is that money was definitely made.

As stated, there is a reason labels like Duck Down, Real Talk Ent., etc. only sound scan a few thousand copies of each release yet are still going strong making money. These projects don't cost much to make.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2010, 12:51:17 AM »
 Well i bought it, from amazon. The store doen here didnt have it and it wasnt on their list, not even on teh imports list but i think the store is a bit shit.
 It is a shame that there arnt many cd collectors anymore, growing up me and my freinds all collected them but no young people seem to.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2010, 01:30:17 AM »
It's a shame no1 looks out for quality music.
the sales will stay that way, as long as the industry continues to sleep & live in denial
lol..ok buddy...
you're telling me the industry isn't sleeping?  :eh:

Even selling 2,900 copies first week, $$ was definitely made..that's at least a profit of 20 G's in one week they made.."they" being everyone involved, but remember it's still $$ made..

U shouldve just left that one alone, bruh.

Did he delete that?  Anyway, unless the album cost $0.00 to make, there was not a profit of anything.

The only people that should care about sales are the people with a financial interest in the work.  If not, who cares.

ain't that the truth? props

are people surprised at the hill's numbers tho or even kurupts?
and for how long can you keep blamin downloadin?
as long as there are conservatives i guess

how or why would you be ashamed that you bought it? lol

I am not ashamed to admit at all, I bought Devin, Cypress and Kurupt when they came out.

I'm not. I just see comments from people saying wow who are the 3000 idiots that bought that album and shit like that. If I dig the artists and their music, I support them and buy the album. Simple as that.
you shouldn't take that too serious, D~Nice.
then again you bought Ego Trippin, so that will be hunting you forever :D

what do you mean by us?.....he got fans overseas dont he or that dont post on here?

Id be interested to know how many people in this thread bought the album and didnt bootleg....hmmmmm

Seriously...make an anonymous poll thread and sticky it and have us answer honestly.  I'd like to see the responses.  Remember, that it is US who are the Kurupt fans.  If we don't buy his album, then nobody will.
well Kurupt is probably bigger in the US than anywhere else
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:39:39 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

doggfather

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2010, 01:59:18 AM »
In my mind, not the sells is the really question.

the really question is in 2015, or later If you remember this record what U say, was it good, or worth to buyin, or hearin...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:08 AM »
yeah and this album was talked about for months in advanced like it was goin to be amazin..... ;D

In my mind, not the sells is the really question.

the really question is in 2015, or later If you remember this record what U say, was it good, or worth to buyin, or hearin...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2010, 06:33:29 AM »
Nuthin' is sellin these days. I don't care though, the album was good IMO and i'm buyin myself a copy when i see it in the stores.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:39:21 AM by Okka »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
the sales will stay that way, as long as the industry continues to sleep & live in denial
lol..ok buddy...

Even selling 2,900 copies first week, $$ was definitely made..that's at least a profit of 20 G's in one week they made.."they" being everyone involved, but remember it's still $$ made..

Did he delete that?  Anyway, unless the album cost $0.00 to make, there was not a profit of anything.

The only people that should care about sales are the people with a financial interest in the work.  If not, who cares.

I am not ashamed to admit at all, I bought Devin, Cypress and Kurupt when they came out.

I'm not. I just see comments from people saying wow who are the 3000 idiots that bought that album and shit like that. If I dig the artists and their music, I support them and buy the album. Simple as that.

what do you mean by us?.....he got fans overseas dont he or that dont post on here?

Id be interested to know how many people in this thread bought the album and didnt bootleg....hmmmmm

Seriously...make an anonymous poll thread and sticky it and have us answer honestly.  I'd like to see the responses.  Remember, that it is US who are the Kurupt fans.  If we don't buy his album, then nobody will.

Nah it does not haunt me, I'm good.  ;)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
lol..ok buddy...

the industry in general is sleeping on talent...sleeping on kurupt though? no..he did about what he shouldve sold..

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
Weren't the videos done by Dah Dah?

no. another indication of what you know about the situation.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
the industry in general is sleeping on talent...sleeping on kurupt though? no..he did about what he shouldve sold..
that's not what i said.

the industry is sleeping when it comes to the internet...
i don't think Kurupt could have very high CD sales either.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:45:37 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Lunatic

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 09:54:22 AM »
Weren't the videos done by Dah Dah?

no. another indication of what you know about the situation.
:D

Regardless, videos can be shot for pretty cheap. Especially a name like Kurupt. Lots of up and coming directors would do it at a discounted price, etc.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dc5_k20z1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
Shit...I dunno what the profit was made off this Streetlights CD for the 1st week.....I just hope Kurupt keeps dropping music, I can't stand listening to the raido and hearing all this commercial junk. I wonder if in a few months they might add those 3 bonus tracks and 1-3 more joints on the Streetlights CD to hopefully pull in additional sales again. This CD will continue to sell...maybe not amazing numbers but more people will buy it and sooner or later. Alotta people I know out here in Arizona didn't even know he dropped a new album and I let them know...played some cuts off the album and now they own the hard copy!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »
Congrats Kurupt, You still have 2,900 fans in the whole world  ;D

You gotta account for the fact that some people (probably from this forum) bought 3 copies lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
poor kurupt, cd is hot tho

The Best of 3 Worlds

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 12:56:23 PM »
Well i bought my copy.

I remember the days when albums were rare because they didnt sell many, well that seems the case with nearly every album now a days.

Do the sales include official downloads also or just physical sales ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson