Author Topic: GZA - Liquid Swords appreciation thread  (Read 698 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: GZA - Liquid Swords appreciation thread
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »
I thought Liquid Swrods was one of these albums where its a consensus that its a classic

O well, i love the album, gonna give it another spin just now

It is a consensus amongst anyone who knows what the fuck they are talkin about.

Unfortunately dubcc is over-run with people that have no fucking clue what they are talking about. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
liquid swords = amazing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »
Legendary producer RZA has announced via his Twitter page (@RZAWU) that he will be producing Liquid Swords 2, sequel to GZA's classic album.

"IT'S TRUE: 'LIQUID SWORDS 2' PRODUCED BY THE ABBOT RZA COMING FALL 2010. WHO'S READY FOR THE WU? BONG BONG," wrote RZA, whose body of work producing for the Wu from 1993 to 1997 is considered among the best in Hip Hop history. Among the albums produced in that time period was GZA's Liquid Swords, which is heralded to this day as one of Rap's finest albums.

The announcement comes after the recent critical and commercial successes of other Wu-Tang sequels: Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...II and Method Man and Redman's Blackout! 2. The Wu brand has come back strong as of late, with well-received releases in Chamber Music and Wu-Massacre, as well as others.

There is currently no set release date for Liquid Swords 2.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:24:18 PM by Maxin in the Shade »
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
some of the dopest news of the year

RZA announced on Twitter that he was producing 'Liquid Swords 2' with GZA

should be released some time in 2010 - hopefully this sequel is the same quality as OBFCL2
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.