Author Topic: Black Comedians  (Read 1226 times)

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
Re: Black Comedians
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but when the asian guy made a joke about AIDS, I laughed.

AIDS = laughter always.

i legit lol'd when he said that.
u laughed at the joke or u laughed at him because he had balls to say that about his sick daughter?

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 02:13:10 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but when the asian guy made a joke about AIDS, I laughed.

AIDS = laughter always.

i legit lol'd when he said that.
u laughed at the joke or u laughed at him because he had balls to say that about his sick daughter?
Probably a little bit of both for me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »
his delivery, the fact he said it with a smile on his face; just made me laugh. :laugh:

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:34 PM »
I've still yet to see a cat take the mantle off chris rock to be honest. Dude may not be active like he was once and may do only the rare show here and there but until someone comes and takes the crown off him and is worthy like he was to the great comedians before him, IN MY OPINION aint nobody touching him. White black brown yellow anything else, aint nobody better to me

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
I've still yet to see a cat take the mantle off chris rock to be honest. Dude may not be active like he was once and may do only the rare show here and there but until someone comes and takes the crown off him and is worthy like he was to the great comedians before him, IN MY OPINION aint nobody touching him. White black brown yellow anything else, aint nobody better to me

u probably dont watch enough stand ups.... i agree with u on black comedians but for non-black comics, have u seen russel peters, kevin james, gregg giraldo, dave attel, even bill maher...

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »
Chris Rock was never that great to me. I like his stand up better than his movies though.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 01:07:04 PM »

u probably dont watch enough stand ups.... i agree with u on black comedians but for non-black comics, have u seen russel peters, kevin james, gregg giraldo, dave attel, even bill maher...

I don't think any of those guys are on par with Chris Rock, a few of them are pretty good though. 

Jaydc

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
George carlin is the greatest stand up comedian of all time.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 04:22:43 PM »

I don't think any of those guys are on par with Chris Rock, a few of them are pretty good though. 

what has chris rock done that was so great? his movies are garbage and he had maximum 2 good stand ups, bigger & blacker and i think the one before it...after that it just became kind of recycled...same topics just reworded

see when u compare comics, i look at quality, not how famous they are...i can get a better laugh from unknown comics than some well known ones

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

what has chris rock done that was so great? his movies are garbage and he had maximum 2 good stand ups, bigger & blacker and i think the one before it...after that it just became kind of recycled...same topics just reworded

see when u compare comics, i look at quality, not how famous they are...i can get a better laugh from unknown comics than some well known ones

I thought we were talking about stand up comics?  Who cares about the movies he's done.  Really only 2 good stand up specials?  No way. These are all solid or really good.   

IMDB scores
Bring the Pain: 8.3
Never Scared: 7.9
Bigger and Blacker: 7.8
Big Ass Jokes 6.9
Kill the Messenger: 7.6

5 HBO specials alone, imagine all the other work he's done to set up each show? 

Jaydc

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
Never scared was my favourite chris rock show.the difference between a comedian and great comedian is this.Any comedian can make you laugh.But great comedians can make you think while they make you laugh.Its what carlin did,its what rock does.Its what seperates them from a russel peters or a dave attel.

Jaydc

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »
And Ive never thought rusell peters was that funny,his act is always the same,if youve seen him once thats all you need.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
.Any comedian can make you laugh.But great comedians can make you think while they make you laugh.

Very fucking true

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/OuX-nFmL0II" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/OuX-nFmL0II</a>

Classic bit

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »
And Ive never thought rusell peters was that funny,his act is always the same,if youve seen him once thats all you need.
I like russell peters but his shit is a little repetitive.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »
Never scared was my favourite chris rock show.the difference between a comedian and great comedian is this.Any comedian can make you laugh.But great comedians can make you think while they make you laugh.Its what carlin did,its what rock does.Its what seperates them from a russel peters or a dave attel.

they do too, thats what most comedians do anyway, they make u realize how dumb some issues are....u mentioned russel peters, his last standup he talked about how media fucks with ur head by the images they show and the races they associate them with.... and dave attell is just raunchy but he makes u realize how dumb society is by the way they judge things