Author Topic: Black Comedians  (Read 1221 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: Black Comedians
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
And Ive never thought rusell peters was that funny,his act is always the same,if youve seen him once thats all you need.
I like russell peters but his shit is a little repetitive.

russel peters is more understood among people with some kind of foreign background, most americans who are not so exposed to outsiders cant understand where he's coming from...its like when a black comedian talks about the ghetto and a white collar white guy wont necessarily feel him....russel's strong point is the accents he does and how he makes fun of indians and asians so much, they're so spot on.  Most people dont understand george lopez cuz they werent raised around mexicans but his shits funny to me cuz i grew up among mexicans in jr high and high school

Jaydc

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »
Lol I grew up in a city where white people are the minority and brown people made up 80 percent of the city.I have friends of all races.Theirs nothing to be learned from peters hes just stating the obvious that everyone knows.His first show was funny,then after that,no thanks.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
Lol I grew up in a city where white people are the minority and brown people made up 80 percent of the city.I have friends of all races.Theirs nothing to be learned from peters hes just stating the obvious that everyone knows.His first show was funny,then after that,no thanks.

stating the obvious? that was the whole point of my thread about black comedians.  They dont have any material and keep repeating the same jokes.

Jaydc

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »
Chris rock isnt just stating the obvious.Rusell would fall into that category.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
I've still yet to see a cat take the mantle off chris rock to be honest. Dude may not be active like he was once and may do only the rare show here and there but until someone comes and takes the crown off him and is worthy like he was to the great comedians before him, IN MY OPINION aint nobody touching him. White black brown yellow anything else, aint nobody better to me

u probably dont watch enough stand ups.... i agree with u on black comedians but for non-black comics, have u seen russel peters, kevin james, gregg giraldo, dave attel, even bill maher...

Its true i dont watch stand ups like all the time but i watch enough and i know of most of them u mentioned and really none of the ones u mentioned that i know of are even close to fucking with chris rock imo. A russel peters is jokes and for real he can drop some great jokes but he aint touching chris rock....dave attel and bill maher? hell nah.

Some of those cats u mentioned are funny but on a level with one of the great modern stand ups like chris rock? Hell no and why are we talking about his movies? lol, that aint got nothing to do with stand up, shit dudes movies are wack, i wont even argue that but dudes stand up is a whole next hype.

Like someone said, there are cats who are funny and then there are those who are truly great stand ups, and chris rock is easily a great stand up comedian and his shit is both smart and funny too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:34:43 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »
Never scared was my favourite chris rock show.the difference between a comedian and great comedian is this.Any comedian can make you laugh.But great comedians can make you think while they make you laugh.Its what carlin did,its what rock does.Its what seperates them from a russel peters or a dave attel.

they do too, thats what most comedians do anyway, they make u realize how dumb some issues are....u mentioned russel peters, his last standup he talked about how media fucks with ur head by the images they show and the races they associate them with.... and dave attell is just raunchy but he makes u realize how dumb society is by the way they judge things

Chris Rock isn't the typical black comedian, he's far from it. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 03:01:52 AM »
Watch COmic View if they still air it if you wanna see cornball ass black comedians.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
Never scared was my favourite chris rock show.the difference between a comedian and great comedian is this.Any comedian can make you laugh.But great comedians can make you think while they make you laugh.Its what carlin did,its what rock does.Its what seperates them from a russel peters or a dave attel.

they do too, thats what most comedians do anyway, they make u realize how dumb some issues are....u mentioned russel peters, his last standup he talked about how media fucks with ur head by the images they show and the races they associate them with.... and dave attell is just raunchy but he makes u realize how dumb society is by the way they judge things

he's not typical, his stuff is more intelligent but its still the same jokes...comparing whites and blacks or making fun of famous black people...he just says it differently

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »

he's not typical, his stuff is more intelligent but its still the same jokes...comparing whites and blacks or making fun of famous black people...he just says it differently

This guy makes fun of famous people in general because it's a current topic.  He also makes fun of a lot of current social issues going on at the time.  You're underrating Chris Rock.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »

This guy makes fun of famous people in general because it's a current topic.  He also makes fun of a lot of current social issues going on at the time.  You're underrating Chris Rock.

alright well i didnt make this thread to bash chris rock, so im gonna stop cuz he's one of the best out there, but my point was a general one about comics of this day and age...its actually not only blacks but all comedians seem to go for ethnic jokes nowdays

Jaydc

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
lol you say you have a problem with it then mention russell peters name as one of teh good ones when 95 percent of his material is based on ethinic jokes.his whole career is based off ethnic jokes.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
lol you say you have a problem with it then mention russell peters name as one of teh good ones when 95 percent of his material is based on ethinic jokes.his whole career is based off ethnic jokes.

aha...im glad u brought that up...difference between him and other comics is he actually uses pretty good examples that are close and make sense...not some random comedian who sums up all people with black hair to middle easterners...for example they'll make fun of an iranian guy and relate it to a camel or desert when in reallity iranians arent arab, we dont have camels and only 25% of our country is desert