Author Topic: Can someone tell me the latest on Crooked I  (Read 434 times)

Jaydc

Re: Can someone tell me the latest on Crooked I
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
He is a super dope lyricist that is not gonna sell out to be in the game!

didn't he say he would sell out on that fireflies song?

lol wtf?I think you need to work on your listening skills.He says fuck having a top 40 hit on the song and continually says fuck making ringtones and dumbing down on many songs.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »
He is a super dope lyricist that is not gonna sell out to be in the game!

didn't he say he would sell out on that fireflies song?

lol wtf?I think you need to work on your listening skills.He says fuck having a top 40 hit on the song and continually says fuck making ringtones and dumbing down on many songs.

he also said "fuck it i'm going pop." And as far as topics, a lot of his lyrics aren't any smarter than what pop rappers talk about, he just says it using bigger words and multis.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
That was very tongue in cheek because he was rapping over a pop beat.....Or did that go over your head?

papa-smurf

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
crooked i is in on shady records with the rest of slaughterhouse

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
That was very tongue in cheek because he was rapping over a pop beat.....Or did that go over your head?

clearly....and since he did it once what makes you think he wouldn't do it again? What else would he have to do to be considered a sellout?

Jaydc

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »
So doing a freestyle over a pop beat is being sell out?Damn I guess 99 percent of rappers are sell outs then.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 01:15:26 AM »
So doing a freestyle over a pop beat is being sell out?Damn I guess 99 percent of rappers are sell outs then.

I'm just asking you what exactly is a sellout? Because he seems to be perceived as a rapper that wouldn't sellout, but I don't see a big difference between him and the rappers we consider sellouts, besides his use of multis.

Jaydc

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 01:41:42 AM »
Well,I never use that term,it gets thrown around way too much and wrongly.Making it big doesnt mean youve sold out.Selling out,in my eyes would be someone going against their own beliefs just for sales.Say for example,crooked i makes a song like superman that hoe or stanky leg.That right there would be him selling out because it goes against his beliefs of dumbing down his lyrics.Or if immortal technique signed to a major label and dropped an r an b song with the dream that would be selling out.But signing to a major and moving units isnt selling out.

Jaydc

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 01:45:03 AM »
Lil wayne for example is not a sellout,hes just doing what hes always done.Hell souljah boy isnt  a sell out even,hes just doing him.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 01:52:47 AM »
I agree with that. A lot of people misuse the word.