Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Bo Roc (Dove Shack/Warren G)  (Read 197 times)

Chad

http://dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/boroc

From his first debut in 1995 on Def Jam with Warren G and the Long Beach G-Funk trio the Dove Shack, Bo Roc has made his distinctive soulful voice known around the world with such hits as "Summertime In The LBC" and "Things Will Never Change" with E-40. His new album titled “MY MUSIC MY SOUL” is 100% Bo Roc showcasing his passion for music, life, love and soul. This album is an absolute remarkable solo presentation for an artist who has traveled many roads to piece together this arrangement of heart felt songs. With features from his native Long Beach homeboys Snoop Dogg & Bad Azz on such soon to be classics songs "ON FIRE" & "EVERYDAY" this album is most definitely G-Funk at it's finest.

Dubcnn was given the great pleasure to sit-down and chop it up with Bo Roc about the new album “My Music, My Soul”, his RocHouse Muzic company, working with Snoop Dogg, possibly re-uniting the Dove Shack in the near future and much more!

http://dubcnn.com/interviews/boroc/

Stay tuned to dubcnn for the latest on Bo Roc!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:23:26 AM by Chad »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Mista Rosa

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Bo Roc (Dove Shack/Warren G)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »
Mad props to you Chad!! 8) 8)

I've been a hard bo roc follower since the early dove shack dayz.

Very good interview, good questions asked!

It's weird that when you asked about his memories with producers he didn't mention warren g, the first who gave exposure to the crew.

Concerning the album, i've ordered a physical coppy before they said it was unavaible  8) but it's been a month and a half (oversea shipping..). I hope i'll receive it! In the same time i've downloaded the album and it's very very good! As Bo Roc said that's some real music. All of you should support this project, it really deserves it!

And i'm glad that another solo is on the way + a dove shack album.

Last dove shack "reality's got me tied up" is hard to find and very expensive! Any chance they re-release it??

Once again mad props for the interview because i really expected it! And you made it! 8)
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:12:35 AM »
Props on the interview  8)

I want a physical copy of that CD!!  Hopefully they will be available in the near future.

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:55:26 AM »
Dubcnn: Do you have any stand-out memories from some the artists and producers you’ve worked with over years, like Warren G, Montell Jordan and others?

Well, if you’re from the west and know my background, then I’m quite sure you’ve heard a couple of incidents where I had to touch up a few of these so-called “gangsta rappers” and one of my old Def Jam label mates from the east. Good thing though is that we’re all cool now. Now, as far as who I’ve worked with, I only really need to mention two names that should let you know where I’ve been with this shit: 2Pac & Jam Master Jay. The Dove Shack even recorded right in the same Queens, New York studio he was killed in!

Don’t let me forget about the freestyle session at the Hit Factory in New York with myself, my other niggas from the Shack, Kurupt and Biggie. In fact, it was the night that Puffy was recording Total’s “Can’t You See” over that James Brown beat, and towards the end Kurupt went so hard on it, that Biggie admitted that he couldn’t get down like that on the freestyle tip, but I’ll be damned if that nigga didn’t roll a whole big back-in-the-day cigar box of White Owls and smoke us all out until one of my niggas from the Shack threw up!

funny story but wtf is he talkin bout pac in the beginning and then dont say a thing about pac but biggie?

Soopahigh

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
i bought the album off itunes and am i the only one complaining about the sound quality on most of the songs  ???

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
i bought the album off itunes and am i the only one complaining about the sound quality on most of the songs  ???
Yeah sound quality is real trash on most of the songs

Soopahigh

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »

most of the songs are banging but damn most of em are unlistenable...that was a real disapointment  :(

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »

Yup.  Someone dropped the ball on that one.