Author Topic: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better  (Read 838 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: R.E.D. Album Needs To Be 4 Mic Or Better
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
i thought D.A. was a step below The Documentary.

i think it was pretty good, the production was nice, but overall, i didn't feel it like it did The Documentary.

& yeah LAX was blah; few solid/good cuts, but overall, lame.

& so far this sounds like this will be his worst; i think what we've heard already disqualifies RED as a contender for 4 Mics lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
1.  All of these are Game albums so I'm not discounting his role in the albums' creation.  His role is obvious and I shouldn't have to point it out.  The following is minor commentary on outsiders,

Documentary = product of Aftermath (producers and song-writing = team effort)
This had dope production and, for game, decent lyrics; track arrangement and content reflective of Aftermath formula

Doctor's Advocate = product of aftermath (sans 50 song writing & Dre beats but still contribution from in-house producers) 
Step down in production, step up in lyrics; has direction: homage to west coast legends (specifically dr.dre) and game's attempt to prove himself

LAX = product of Geffen?
step down in production, step down in lyrics; lacks direction
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »
LAX just didn't sound like an aftermath album like his previos two. However his lyrics stepped up on LAX, better than both but production wasn't up to par. Had some bangers though

1.  All of these are Game albums so I'm not discounting his role in the albums' creation.  His role is obvious and I shouldn't have to point it out.  The following is minor commentary on outsiders,

Documentary = product of Aftermath (producers and song-writing = team effort)
This had dope production and, for game, decent lyrics; track arrangement and content reflective of Aftermath formula

Doctor's Advocate = product of aftermath (sans 50 song writing & Dre beats but still contribution from in-house producers) 
Step down in production, step up in lyrics; has direction: homage to west coast legends (specifically dr.dre) and game's attempt to prove himself

LAX = product of Geffen?
step down in production, step down in lyrics; lacks direction

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
You honestly think his lyrics were better? 

I liked to see his experimentation at song writing (Never Can Say Goodbye) and I applaud at his attempts but most of them were miss.

People praise Let Us Live but all I see is song writing catastrophe where the hook doesn't match the verses and his bars seems to have been randomly placed.

Most of his lyrics on LAX were: cliche & unoriginal (This applies to: the majority of the tracks)

As a Game fan commenting on the music I enjoy listening to I thought his best produced album was the documentary and his best lyrical endeavour was Doctor's Advocate
- Banks

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
to me game perfected his flow on DA, it was choppy at times on the documentary. His lyrics no wayyy were better go and listen to both albums back to back. Let us live was dope as fuck, i saw you commented on it being random, i didn't see it as random. House of pain was ridiculous and was good lyrically. DA was more so him trying to be Dr Dre '64, chronic smoke, 50 this, compton, Dre, and everything repeated back and forth. Dont get me wrong i loved that album but it was not lyrically better. Just had better direction. Scream on em was maybe one of game's better lyrical tracks though

You honestly think his lyrics were better? 

I liked to see his experimentation at song writing (Never Can Say Goodbye) and I applaud at his attempts but most of them were miss.

People praise Let Us Live but all I see is song writing catastrophe where the hook doesn't match the verses and his bars seems to have been randomly placed.

Most of his lyrics on LAX were: cliche & unoriginal (This applies to: the majority of the tracks)

As a Game fan commenting on the music I enjoy listening to I thought his best produced album was the documentary and his best lyrical endeavour was Doctor's Advocate

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
to me game perfected his flow on DA, it was choppy at times on the documentary. His lyrics no wayyy were better go and listen to both albums back to back. Let us live was dope as fuck, i saw you commented on it being random, i didn't see it as random. House of pain was ridiculous and was good lyrically. DA was more so him trying to be Dr Dre '64, chronic smoke, 50 this, compton, Dre, and everything repeated back and forth. Dont get me wrong i loved that album but it was not lyrically better. Just had better direction. Scream on em was maybe one of game's better lyrical tracks though

It's funny you say that about DA and then cite House of Pain as an example of a lyrical track,

Where you from? (California)
What city? (Compton)
What you drive? (Impala)
What you smokin' on? (Chronic)
What you drinkin' on? (Patron)
What you sittin' on? (The throne)
Relax, make yourself at home

Um?  What's going on here?

At least on Doctor's Advocate it was blatantly obvious he was paying homage where as on LAX it felt like he was trying to be something fresh but just failed at it horrible.  That's to say, I'm fine with all the references made on Doctor's Advocate because they fit the direction & theme of the album but I'm not fine with the same material on LAX because it's presented as original and unique when it's trite, cliche, and boring.

- Banks

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
you just quoted a hook from house of pain.....not the actual verses

Guess its time to break the number 9 Jordan's in...
Make a nigga made..when they been tryna floor the benz..
Im doin 160 in the fast lane..
Scott Storch.. in his Bogadi..couldnt pass game..
I got it made like my last name..
Im gone..juss like my After-math Chain..

Dont make me take you back to '96...
leanin on that dostin..on the corner..eatin catfish..
The Game..Da-Da-Da-Game..spit dat shit..
Im controversial..like the Afro-pic with the Black fist..
Jus ask the rapper that had to catch my last diss...
Im reckless..and i aint never crash wips..
My pops wasnt around..so this bastard..
bleed california from the cradle to the Casket...
and i wont stop ridin for my coast..
niggas keep talkin bout my bread...we gonna make toast..

3rd verse killed it

It's funny you say that about DA and then cite House of Pain as an example of a lyrical track,

Where you from? (California)
What city? (Compton)
What you drive? (Impala)
What you smokin' on? (Chronic)
What you drinkin' on? (Patron)
What you sittin' on? (The throne)
Relax, make yourself at home

Um?  What's going on here?

At least on Doctor's Advocate it was blatantly obvious he was paying homage where as on LAX it felt like he was trying to be something fresh but just failed at it horrible.  That's to say, I'm fine with all the references made on Doctor's Advocate because they fit the direction & theme of the album but I'm not fine with the same material on LAX because it's presented as original and unique when it's trite, cliche, and boring.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
we will see when r.e.d drops...i have 2 admit i dont agree wit all that pharrell shit he might have on the album...although that track list leaked might notbe the right one...i jus hop he doesnt have alot of pharrell joints beause i think he might miss..

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 09:54:33 PM »
lol @ that pic of nipsey in your sig he looks like his mom dressed him to gang bang.Whats with wearing shorts and high socks,is he a 67 year old man?He looks like a strong wind would knock him over.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »
Yeah, but you prove my point with your quotes.  It's just a random collection of bars strung together.   There's no central topic.
- Banks