Author Topic: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread  (Read 3334 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Nas And Damian Marley - Distant Relatives" Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
I still think the majority of you are critically sleeping on Common.     I also think if Common was from New York he'd be paraded around in the same category as Nas & Jay.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
I still think the majority of you are critically sleeping on Common.     I also think if Common was from New York he'd be paraded around in the same category as Nas & Jay.

I dunno, I think beat selection has alot to do with it..  Nas is a more street rapper, and thus he's gonna have more "bangers"..  I prefer Nas' flow and delivery more too... and rhymescheme.. Lyrics could be tied imo, both strong writers... Just think Nas has a little more edge in him..  But definitely production is part of it for me..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
Nas flow has been pretty horrible lately... at least until Distant Relatives and even then he sounds gassing
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
Nas flow has been pretty horrible lately... at least until Distant Relatives and even then he sounds gassing

I haven't kept a song from Nas OR Common since 2007.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2010, 09:16:12 PM »

guess you've been missing out
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »

guess you've been missing out

Nope, Untitled was disappointing.  UMC was disappointing.  This was disappointing..  I  have no doubt both will bounce back with efforts I like though...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
I've listened to it 4 or 5 times now and I gotta say, it's a pretty bad ass album.  
If he didn't already have it before, he now has the greatest discography (by a rapper) ever.
lol Ghostface has the best discography ever. His weakest album is what?? Bulletproof Wallets?? & thats a dope ass album. Dude is consistent. His latest RNB album shits on most people's hip hop albums nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:00:19 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »
I've listened to it 4 or 5 times now and I gotta say, it's a pretty bad ass album.  
If he didn't already have it before, he now has the greatest discography (by a rapper) ever.
lol Ghostface has the best discography ever. His weakest album is what?? Bulletproof Wallets?? & thats a dope ass album. Dude is consistent. His latest RNB album shits on most people's hip hop albums nowadays.

word, every single ghostface record is at least good. the most consistent rapper ever + best overall discography from a rapper also. i dont even see how folks can argue this cause NONE of his albums are whack

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »
wait your sayin overall nas only has 2 classics?

Like I said their is a huge difference between someone being consistent and someone being better,or their catalogues.You can look at nass lows and say ok those artists dont have a low like that,but you look at nass highs and they dont have a high like that.If you got stuck on some island and you only could take one artists discography to listen to nas or pharoahe monch your telling me your going to take monchs?Or jerus?OR any of those other people you listed?I mean scarface gives him a run for his money but come on man be serious.I wouldnt even take  peoples whole discographys over illmatic alone.And for the record nas has two classics,illmatic and stillmatic.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »

Like I said their is a huge difference between someone being consistent and someone being better,or their catalogues.You can look at nass lows and say ok those artists dont have a low like that,but you look at nass highs and they dont have a high like that.If you got stuck on some island and you only could take one artists discography to listen to nas or pharoahe monch your telling me your going to take monchs?Or jerus?OR any of those other people you listed?I mean scarface gives him a run for his money but come on man be serious.I wouldnt even take  peoples whole discographys over illmatic alone.And for the record nas has two classics,illmatic and stillmatic.

That is fair to say..  50 Cent has one?  Dr. Dre has 2?  Snoop has 1?  Joe Budden has none..  Jay-Z arguably has 2, (1 at least).  Can think of alot of artists with 1 imo actually, kinda stuck to think of one with 2..  No one has put out 3 classics ever imo.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
some would say nas has put out 3 classics...or pac?
people say every pac album is classic...lol
but yeah snoop, jay and 50 dont all have classics from every album they've dropped but they got a couple
and im jus suprised you and others agree nas only has 2 classic albums

That is fair to say..  50 Cent has one?  Dr. Dre has 2?  Snoop has 1?  Joe Budden has none..  Jay-Z arguably has 2, (1 at least).  Can think of alot of artists with 1 imo actually, kinda stuck to think of one with 2..  No one has put out 3 classics ever imo.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2010, 05:28:03 PM »
but yeah snoop, jay and 50 dont all have classics from every album they've dropped but they got a couple

Oh yeah, Pac has 2 classics in my opinion, Biggie has 1. 

I guess you could make the argument for Nas.. I guess you are thinking It Was Written for the third one?  (I don't feel comfortable counting Lost Tapes?)

Jaydc

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
pac has two for me,me against the world and makavelli.Some people can make an arguement about all eyez on me though a lot of personal opinion of what an actual classic is comes into play.On being something you can play straight through with no skips all eyez on me isnt a classic but if you take into considerationg the overall quality and the impact that album made on hip hop then yes its a classic.I would put all eyez on me on classic status but not life after death.both albums were inconsistent at times with skippable songs but biggies was basically him making his own all eyez one me and therefore it had zero impact he was just copying what pac did,or competing rather.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
yeah thats crazy, alotta people like lost tapes as a real album and more so than some of his other albums

I guess you could make the argument for Nas.. I guess you are thinking It Was Written for the third one?  (I don't feel comfortable counting Lost Tapes?)
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
yeah thats crazy, alotta people like lost tapes as a real album and more so than some of his other albums

If it wasn't a "collection" I would rank it as his third best album.