Author Topic: Reflection Eternal "Revolutions Per Minute" Discussion Thread  (Read 896 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Reflection Eternal "Revolutions Per Minute" Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:58 AM »
So far, this is album of the year for me.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Reflection Eternal "Revolutions Per Minute" Discussion Thread
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »
Great album. Can't really say it's better than Train of Thought.  Two completely different styles and a decade apart.  The one thing I did notice though is that the sound quality/mixing/whatever you want to call it is much improved.  You can really tell that Hi-Tek has picked up some studio knowledge from being at Aftermath under Dre's mentoring.  I can see a little Aftermath influence (maybe Detox submissions?) in tracks like "Get Work", "Lifting Off", "Ballad Of The Black Gold", "Long Hot Summer", "My Life (Outro)". Lifting Off really has a 50 Cent vibe to it, could easily fit on GRODT or The Massacre (similar to Ryder Music)

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they were beats rejected by Dre for use on Detox.  But, given that Dre was going for a certain symphonic, rich sound for Detox (based on the years worth of articles & rumors), these few tracks have a vibe and multi-layered musical presence that indicate that Hi-Tek may have been working on these with Detox in mind.