Author Topic: Vibe article on wideawake deathrow (albums by sam sneed, crooked i, 2pac)  (Read 1242 times)

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Crook is just scared of anything jeapordizing his new situation with Eminem so he is doing his best to distance himself from anything Death Row related.

Even if that is the case, you can't really blame him for wanting to leave Death Row in the past. It definitely has a negative vibe surrounding it.

Im one of his biggest fans but he comes off like a hypocrite signing off on the album and then a few months later denouncing it, what happened in the last few months to change his mind?. He's getting paid and his fans get to purchase a physical Crooked I album for the first and maybe only time ever, I can see him ignoring the album but telling people not to buy it or support it is bullshit on his part.

Why did he agree to the album then in the first place? 
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

EFFeX

Crook is just scared of anything jeapordizing his new situation with Eminem so he is doing his best to distance himself from anything Death Row related.

Even if that is the case, you can't really blame him for wanting to leave Death Row in the past. It definitely has a negative vibe surrounding it.

Im one of his biggest fans but he comes off like a hypocrite signing off on the album and then a few months later denouncing it, what happened in the last few months to change his mind?. He's getting paid and his fans get to purchase a physical Crooked I album for the first and maybe only time ever, I can see him ignoring the album but telling people not to buy it or support it is bullshit on his part.

I don't recall him agreeing to releasing the album in the past at all.

I remember reading an article where he said he MIGHT be interested in releasing past material under the "Wide Awake" label, but not the actual "Death Row" label.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!

I remember reading an article where he said he MIGHT be interested in releasing past material under the "Wide Awake" label, but not the actual "Death Row" label.

There is an interview here on Dubcnn with the girl who designed the Hoodstar album cover, she said Crook signed off on the album and the artwork months ago, his only request was that there be no red on the cover. Not to mention Crook was always talking about blocking the album, so evidently he agreed to the release.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

dnjp4life

“This is unreleased 2Pac…no remastering remixing,” Payne says of the set.

No remastering? So just the same old WideAwake attitude then - get tracks, burn to cd, release cd!  Hopefully all the 2Pac tracks were recorded well and have no quality issues.  Will be good to hear this in December.

Jimmy H.

wideawake promised 2pac in june but now we get crooked i, he's dope, but hardly a suitable substitute ::)
I'd say he's more than suitable. I've been waiting on some physically-released Crooked I solo material for forever. I tend to believe we've heard the best of Pac's unreleased DR material already.

EFFeX

There is an interview here on Dubcnn with the girl who designed the Hoodstar album cover, she said Crook signed off on the album and the artwork months ago, his only request was that there be no red on the cover. Not to mention Crook was always talking about blocking the album, so evidently he agreed to the release.

Yes, I read this interview.

I have a few problems with what was said in it, but really don't feel like going into it.

GangstaBoogy

wonder what Afeni's attitude to the 2pac release is.. i know Crooked I isn't in favour of his stuff being released

Crooked I is in favor of not releasing albums period.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MarshColin

“This is unreleased 2Pac…no remastering remixing,” Payne says of the set.

No remastering? So just the same old WideAwake attitude then - get tracks, burn to cd, release cd!  Hopefully all the 2Pac tracks were recorded well and have no quality issues.  Will be good to hear this in December.

That's what I'm saying man. It looks like we're gonna get some tracks that sound like they came off Evolution. No remastering??? Most of the tracks probably weren't mastered in the first fucking place and didn't have a final mixdown. This is not what the fans have been waiting decades for John Payne. Fans would be way more happy if the tracks were given to a competent mixing engineer and then given to a competent mastering engineer before the release so the tracks actually sound finished. We just don't want new beats and features. Make it sound like it would have if Death Row would have released it when Pac was alive.

acgrundy

I never knew suge got beat down last year at the nba allstar game...

MarshColin

I never knew suge got beat down last year at the nba allstar game...

Ya by some guy that was affiliated with Konvict Music. About a month later that same guy had a safe robbed from his house and $200k worth of shit was in it. He told police that the people that robbed him said it was payback from Suge or some shit, but just like the yukmouth incident, it just kinda faded away and Suge was never charged with anything.

m-dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
man, no mention of the LBC Crew album?!  you're tellin me that LP wouldn't do better than danny boy?

thats the only thing I want, someone has got to release that thing in its entirety already.  i really need "not get wet" and "dippin in my lo lo" in real CDQ (among others)...

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
“Suge has no connection to the label whatsoever,” Payne adamantly maintains. “It’s out of bankruptcy…it’s not his label. He has no influence and he cannot tell us what to do. But I did personally speak to him a few weeks ago after hearing about all the stuff that’s been going on in his life. We were friends a long time ago in the beginning. He called me and we just chatted. I wish the guy well.”

Suge called him.. after no contact for 18 years.. cause they were friends.. in the beginning.. it was a few weeks ago after hearin all about all the stuff goin on in his life..

Sounds like Payne had a really touching moment with Suge after Suge had reached out to him.. lol

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

MarshColin

man, no mention of the LBC Crew album?!  you're tellin me that LP wouldn't do better than danny boy?

thats the only thing I want, someone has got to release that thing in its entirety already.  i really need "not get wet" and "dippin in my lo lo" in real CDQ (among others)...

Dippin In My Lo Lo was actually released on a Bay compilation. I can't remember the name of it. There were 2 releases of it and the LBC Crew track was only on the original release if I remember correctly. So if you can find somebody with that compilation to rip it in FLAC or 320 for you, there you go.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I grew up on the westcoast but i mean its 2010.... it would of been nice 10 years ago when the west had a mini resurgence but now... fuck it.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano

Dippin In My Lo Lo was actually released on a Bay compilation. I can't remember the name of it. There were 2 releases of it and the LBC Crew track was only on the original release if I remember correctly. So if you can find somebody with that compilation to rip it in FLAC or 320 for you, there you go.

really? i wonder if somebody can hook it up