Author Topic: Ice Cube: "Dre Wanted To Produce Amerikkka's Most Wanted But Heller Vetoed It"  (Read 1396 times)

MediumL

Well seeing as Dre had produced the Doc's album the year before and his work on Above the Law and 100s Mile and Runnin EP was pretty brilliant I imagine he would have produced a classic.

Yes the album that came out is an undeniable classic (although not as good as DC imo) I can't help but feel Dre beats would have lasted the test of time better and offered a diverse sound.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

ikke

Are we going to get a snoop dogg approved version now?

Anyways, didn't Ice Cube say "Back then there were only 2 producers worth fucking with, Dre & The Bomb Squad. And since I couldn't get dre I went to the bomb squad"  or something similar. It was in the biography in the vol. 2 booklet.
Isn't this telling a different story?

Scrappy Doo

So I show up in the studio. It’s Chuck there, it’s P.E., dudes from Stetsaonic is there and shit, ya know, Daddy-O… Big Daddy Kane. You know, it was hip-hop royalty coming through. We out there doin’ ‘Burn, Hollywood, Burn.’ Hank comes; Hank, Keith Shocklee’s there, Eric Sadler; we all there and then I just start tellin’ them the story of what happened with N.W.A and that they caught wind that I was coming out to New York to do my album and everybody [in N.W.A] laughed [at me]. And when I said that they laughed at the fact that I came out to New York to get my album done. Something in Hank’s eyes turned on, like, ‘They laughed?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ He said, ‘We’ll do your whole album if you want us to.’” —As Told to Rob Markman

see that´s the ny mentaly right there...

So true, ny is full of haters

MediumL

^ more like they felt overshadowed by the west at the time. Ruthless was at its peak
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
sorry, but AMW would not have been as special if Dre produced it, it was already Source mag #1 album of all time

the eastcoast production help give it that special sound
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

acgrundy

an ice cube album executive produced by dre in the early 90's would probably have been the best album ever

soopa-man

it may not have that West feel like "Death..." production but damn this album is fucking remarkable so many artist have tried to follow its theme flow and creativity for their first album but this one is like watching a movie...not that cliche' shit Cube's lyrics can be thrown over production today and be fresh he put his pen to work a fucking dope album that will probably never be out done ... only a few have done it Snoop/Big/Dre/Nas but none again a year later with their sophomore album and before with a group...

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shit. How different would it've been if Dre produced it. No doubt it woulda been a classic still.

it may not have that West feel like "Death..." production

That's because Death Cert. sampled Clinton p-funk.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why people on here keep saying if dre did the lp.it would have been this or that.bullshit, this lp.was great!!from top to bottom..cube made the wright move..classic.

doggfather

IF Heller did this, he was right, not cause Dre is like this or that, Because Amerikkka's... is a great record in this form.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why people on here keep saying if dre did the lp.it would have been this or that.bullshit, this lp.was great!!from top to bottom..cube made the wright move..classic.

I think what people are saying is that it woulda been a classic record no matter which path he chose.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I think what people are saying is that it woulda been a classic record no matter which path he chose.
now i can agree with that..cause we all was waiting for ice cube to drop something.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
props for posting this Laconic

it's because people prefer Dre over the bomb squad

besides, i bet the album would have sold more if Dre was the producer
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:37:56 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

OG Hack Wilson

cant believe its been 20 years!
looking forward to reading the special in full.
imo jinx and the bomb squad laced that album better than dre would have done in any case...

nothing was fucking with Dre's production back then son
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props for posting this Laconic

it's because people prefer Dre over the bomb squad

besides, i bet the album would have sold more if Dre was the producer

Since when have you cared about sales Dre-Day :laugh: