Author Topic: Quiz Interview  (Read 71 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Quiz Interview
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/quizinterview.htm

I2G chilled with Blu Division member Quiz for a exclusive interview. As he preps his new album, Pass Or Fail, we discuss the making of the album and the new single, Ain't Goin Nowhere, what's next from the label and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Quiz how's it going?

What's poppin?

Not too much. you recently just dropped the new single and video, Ain't Goin Nowhere, featuring Conflict and K-Boy. Tell me a little bit how it came together.

I had the track for a minute actually, but I wanted to make sure that it was right. While I was getting ready for this project, I pulled that track out because it is real special to me and real west coast. Once I did the track, I wanted my homies on the record to shine with me, because it was already a dope record.

I hit up Conflict and K-Boy, kept it Blu Division and there you have it. Ain't Goin Nowhere.

Tell me a little bit about your new mixtape, Pass Or Fail that is going to be dropping later this month.

Pass Or Fail is not really a mixtape. It will be for free download and the whole nine, but I approached it like a album. It is all original music, all original content, and the producers on there showed me love and shot me beats. The album is just showing all sides of me musically and as a person.

It covers all aspects, some songs are lyrical, some songs are street, some consicous. I just try to touch on it all.

Do you have a release date set for the album?

May 31st.

What is coming up next from Blu Division?

Pass Or Fail is done and I am already stacking up records for the next project. K-Boy is in the studio working hard and doing his thing, working with the Bloc Boyz. They got back together and they are dropping a project very soon. Conflict is working on a tape and a album and it is sounding real dope.

Stage has his EP that he is working on, Glasses, him and Mack 10 got the Mack & Malone album dropping this summer along with Beach Cruiser. We all working, getting it in and making it all come together.

What are your thoughts right now on the hip hop scene on the west coast?

I think it is good and it is a beautiful thing. No one is tripping and everyone for the most part is getting along and work with each other and that is what we need right now. We need more unification and it is not where it should be, but it is a good look and we are moving in the right direction.

Cats are stepping it up and doing different things and coming up with fresh and new ideas, different ways to promote and bring attention to their projects. I think we are in a good place and all we can do at this point is continue to move forward.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Not at the moment. My main focus is Pass Or Fail, making sure that it is out there and I have the exposure and people can get a hold of it. So when I do shows, people know my songs and it is easy for me to maneuver since people will already know the music.

What is your website information and where can people pick up the album Pass Or Fail May 31st?

www.quizmusic.net . Right now at this moment it is not up but I do have the domain for it. It will be up probably a week before the 31st of this month. www.myspace.com/youngquiz , www.twitter.com/bludizquiz . You can look me up on Facebook, Quiz Blu D and that's it.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Shout out to Blu Division Music, the whole west coast and everyone out there giving me the co sign. Illuminati 2G for the love and the support.

Appreciate your time.

No problem.

Lunatic

Re: Quiz Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
dope read
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LONDON!!

Re: Quiz Interview