Poll

???

yes
5 (55.6%)
no
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Scottie Pippen: is he a still a "top 50" of all time player?  (Read 1184 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Scottie Pippen: is he a still a "top 50" of all time player?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »
elton brand over pippen?

lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
I guess some of you never watch any 90es B-Ball games and have a very poor knowledge of the game ... once again stats are not everything , Pippen was a incredible 1 on 1 defender and a great all around player during most of his carreer...  how come you can seriously rate VC , Mcgrady , Bosh and all of these losers above Pippen .... lol

Because those players were all franchise players at one point or another and had been MVP caliber players at some point in their career, while Pippen was never a franchise player and wasn't really considered for any MVPs...If you take VC or McGrady in their prime, and pin them up against Pippen, clearly, VC and McGrady were the more talented players...Like I said, I just threw together a list really quickly with players who could POSSIBLY be argued as better than Pippen AT THE PEAK OF THEIR CAREER. Pippen, undeniably, has a much better career than more than half the players I listed, but when it comes to pure talent and skill, Pippen can be argued with ALL the players I listed...PeACe

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 02:16:16 PM »
Up until his recent struggles with injuries, Brand was a superstar and always the 1st option on his team and a perennial 20-10 guy. A franchise player, unlike Pippen. Not saying he's had a better career than Pippen, but at his peak, he could have been argued with Pippen, as he was even an MVP candidate one season. Pippen was a great defender, but Michael Cooper was an even better defender, and you don't see him on anyones top 50 list.

When MJ left NBA in 93 Pippen also became Bulls 1st option and he had an MVP season. He lead the Bulls in almost everything and they won together 55 games, only 2 less than the year before with Mike! That was Pip's best season statistic-wise: 22 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block per game while shooting 49% from the field. Show me someone in today's WACK BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION who do numbers like that every single night for his team aside from Lebron, Rondo and maybe Kobe?

You don't see Cooper in a top 50 list because he didn't put out the numbers Pip did! In terms of scoring, rebound, passing etc Coop is far behind Pippen dude - in terms of defense ability, they are prolly in the same lane. Both were great defenders but overall, Pippen shits on Cooper and 90% of people from your joke list! Arenas? Chris Paul? Bosh? Above Pippen?! L O L, you must be trippin' dude! How many rings they got? what are their awards? accomplishments? They good players, but not that good so let's not be ridicolous about it..

Tom Chambers in his prime was better than Pippen.

LMFAO

Laugh all you want, but Chambers, at the peak of his career, averaged almost 30 points and even won an all-star MVP award...cant say the same for Pippen. Again, for careers, Pippen was better, by a mile. But comparing Pippen in his prime to Chambers in his prime is not something to laugh at...that just makes you look foolish and young (ignorant to the NBA pre-90's).

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

brand, bosh, wade, lebron, carmelo, are you guys serious???  these guys can hold a candle to pippen's feet

they havent done anything nor have they won (except wade once), nor have they been close, what makes them better than pippen? sure they're main guys on their team but it takes ALOT more than that to be remembered forever....15 years from now, if those guys dont win anything they'll be forgotten like Dick Barnett

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »

brand, bosh, wade, lebron, carmelo, are you guys serious???  these guys can hold a candle to pippen's feet

they havent done anything nor have they won (except wade once), nor have they been close, what makes them better than pippen? sure they're main guys on their team but it takes ALOT more than that to be remembered forever....15 years from now, if those guys dont win anything they'll be forgotten like Dick Barnett

yea, i agree with you...careerwise, they aint shit to Pippen. But if we're judging individual talent in prime years, a lot of players have surpassed Pippen...PeACe

the ghost

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
Pippen = top ten most overrated players of all time list.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »

right but to me being top 50 means who were the most memorable, unique players.... we'll probably never see a player like Pippen ever again, maybe a few, thats why he should stay on that list. peace!

yea, i agree with you...careerwise, they aint shit to Pippen. But if we're judging individual talent in prime years, a lot of players have surpassed Pippen...PeACe