Author Topic: damn you win the most games....and you still get fired?  (Read 382 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn you win the most games....and you still get fired?
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:46:09 AM »
no matter what some coaches put forward.....they still arent good enough
take mike brown.....he won the most games...jus cuz he couldnt get a title......that means hes fired?
so if they hire another coach...and that coach dont make it to the playoffs...thats better to have than what mike was doin?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:10:05 PM by Ancient Chinese Secret »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: damn you win the most games....and you stillget fired?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »
Mike Brown is a terrible coach. You should judge coaches on what they actually do and not on how many games they win.

Take Doc Rivers and Larry Brown for example. Is Doc Rivers the clearly better coach? Of course not. Is Mike Brown better than Greg Popovich? Of course not.
That Raptors coach (forgot his insignificant name), Mike Brown and Avery Johnson all became COTY because their teams did surprisingly damn well in the respective regular season. Not because they actually made incredibly smart decisions.

Mike Brown is terrible.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
Mike Brown is a horrible offensive coach .. only the other Mike (Woodson) is worst in that aspect ... his inabilities to make any adjustments during a playoffs series is the biggest evidence he's wack

plus you cannot be coach of a team and being the number 1 fan of its star player in the same time ...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
but they are playin to win...he won didnt he?
hes been there for 5 years...now you gon fire him? lol
and try and re-hire or hire jackson.....i mean...so if jackson dont win or isnt what they thought = wins he gets fired?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Brown was a shitty offensive coach plain and simple. As much as I rag on Lebron for holding the ball ALL THE TIME in crunch time it's not like Brown even tries to get him to do anything. They need someone that can actually run some real plays rather than constant screens and isolations.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: damn you win the most games....and you still get fired?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
aite but if the coach is anythin in the the teams won column...didnt they win the most games?
gruden is prolly one of the dopest coaches without a coachin job IMO....but he went from a sb to a losin team....that made him look bad

Brown was a shitty offensive coach plain and simple. As much as I rag on Lebron for holding the ball ALL THE TIME in crunch time it's not like Brown even tries to get him to do anything. They need someone that can actually run some real plays rather than constant screens and isolations.
Cube

theremedy360

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:32:36 PM »
aite but if the coach is anythin in the the teams won column...didnt they win the most games?
gruden is prolly one of the dopest coaches without a coachin job IMO....but he went from a sb to a losin team....that made him look bad

A team with as much talent as the Cavs can win 60+ games in the regular season but once they hit the playoffs and face the more elite teams they're fucked cause the system they play in isn't strong enough to win playoff series.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
but im sayin if you cant win those first set of games to make it into the playoffs, how is that a better coach? lol
if mike makes the playoffs....is he a good coach or is he bad for makin the playoffs?
now him not makin the finals or semi-s or gettin the title is somethin else....but the first step is makin the playoffs right?
he did and has done that.....how can you fire a coach that has done what many cant do...they are nowhere near a title, semi's etc....

A team with as much talent as the Cavs can win 60+ games in the regular season but once they hit the playoffs and face the more elite teams they're fucked cause the system they play in isn't strong enough to win playoff series.
Cube

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
but im sayin if you cant win those first set of games to make it into the playoffs, how is that a better coach? lol
if mike makes the playoffs....is he a good coach or is he bad for makin the playoffs?
now him not makin the finals or semi-s or gettin the title is somethin else....but the first step is makin the playoffs right?
he did and has done that.....how can you fire a coach that has done what many cant do...they are nowhere near a title, semi's etc....

Winning in the regular season can only take you so far.

Sure, its good if you get into the playoffs on a yearly basis. But you got to do something that can get you over that hump and win where it'll count the most. That's something Mike Brown couldn't do with  the Cavs.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
he couldnt do it with the cavs but he won
1.won the most games
2.did he lose on purpose? lol

i mean how does firing him help, equal, or a fair play game?
how come he wasnt fired at the start of the season, when he was working hard til the end?
but he worked hard and his team lost?
is it his entire fault that a team lost that he coaches?
and shouldnt the ac be fired too then?
so if he dont win what they want....then hes fired? thats human cruelty....haha
Cube

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
again though, he won in the regular season but couldn't push his guys to win during the playoffs.
it wasn't completely his fault, but as the coach he needs to make the proper adjustments and get the most out of his players during the playoffs, which he wasn't able to do.
and the management, media and a lot of fans believed there was enough talent on this team to at least get to the finals.
whoever the new coach is will probably pick their own assistant coaches.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
aite cool but IMO it consists of
1.a good team
2.a good staff
3.and some or alot of luck

alot of people are sayin james didnt have the right team to help him win, if thats the case its not the coaches fault cuz he did what he could to get them to where he did
then they get to a point to where maybe the players cant do what they need to do to win
if he won the reg games, can he win the post season?
maybe he can but maybe its the players that cant, which some were sayin
so therefore if thats the case, he shouldnt be fired but for other reasons too
so if he wouldnt have won all those games then what? lol
it dont add up
jeff van gundy gets fired
jon gruden gets fired
Mike Shanahan
list goes on...these were good coaches but did they deserve to get fired?
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »
Why Have So Many NFL Coaches Been Fired?

We have entered the part of the offseason where NFL teams sends a few grown men to apply for unemployment, while simultaneously employing a similar number of men in a new role. What I’m referring to is when the teams fire their head coaches (and/or coordinators). It is an annual, unavoidable occurrence. So with that, let’s get into an analysis of this year’s firings.

First off, we should note that coaches are fired quite often. There are a few reasons for this. The first is that usually, the coach deserves it. They may be a poor coach or just a poor choice for coach with the given roster. Also, it is easier for a GM to pass off a team’s bad performance as a result of poor coaching instead a poorly constructed roster. We’ve witnessed this a lot in Oakland. Finally, sometimes it’s just media pressure to see something happen.

The head coaches that we saw fired since the regular season ended were Eric Mangini, formerly of the New York Jets; Mike Shanahan, formerly of the Denver Broncos; Romeo Crennel, formerly of the Cleveland Browns; and Rod Marinelli, formerly of the Detroit Lions.
Rod Marinelli

Of these head coaches, Rod Marinelli without doubt deserved it. The Lions, while lacking in talent, also lacked in preparation. When it was obvious that their offense should’ve been just throwing jump balls to Calvin Johnson, Marinelli took about 10 weeks more to realize it and then had the change made.
Romeo Crennel

The other coach I feel should have been fired was Romeo Crennel. In his time in Cleveland he never achieved consistent performance out of his players. That was on display this year when they beat the Giants, but lost to teams like Denver and Cincinnati. Really, Cincinnati? You’re more likely to find a criminal there than lose to one of their sports teams.
Eric Mangini

As for Mangini, I don’t think he deserved to be fired. I think Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum felt the heat from the NY papers after having done a massive talent acquisition during the offseason to win now and had to take the pressure off of himself. Mangini didn’t do a great job this year, but it was not poor, given his roster. I don’t think many coaches could have gotten that much more out of the team.
Mike Shanahan

As for Mike Shanahan, I’m torn on his firing. Yes, he has not made the playoffs in three years and the Broncos have not made the Super Bowl in the new millenium. But Shanahan has also not had any poor seasons as a coach in the new millenium, has dealt with a revolving door at running back, and this year he had poor talent at defense to coach. I think Shanahan probably should have been given an extra year and then that would be the year that helped make the decision.

I would also like to look at two coaches who were not fired who should have been…
Herm Edwards

The first is Herm Edwards of the Kansas City Chiefs. Edwards has poor clock management, and his teams get consistently worse. He often misses the most obvious coaching decisions to make. While the Chiefs did not have a good QB, many teams have had poor QBs with good running backs and finished with more than two wins.
Marvin Lewis

The other coach I think is long overdue to be fired is Marvin Lewis of the Cincinnati Bengals. His teams have had all sorts of players with character issues (not completely his fault, but he should be able to motivate his players enough that this wouldn’t be a frequent occurrence), and tons of poor performance. Who’s been the notable players of his coaching tenure? Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Carson Palmer, and Chris Perry. No one else notable has been on the team in that time, showing that Lewis and his staff don’t know how to take an average talent and mold them into something more. Lewis made the playoffs once in his six years and has otherwise finished at .500 or below.
Would Cowher or Schottenheimer Have Helped?

Of course, when there are firings, former coaches are often brought up as possibilities to replace the recently fired ones. This year, the names we’ve heard are Marty Schottenheimer and Bill Cowher. In the case of the Lions and Browns, I don’t see how either could have performed more than a win better than they did with anyone as coach besides their coaches. And given the Broncos’ lack of talent on defense and how their running backs continuously went down to injury, I don’t see how they could have done much better with Cowher or Marty. In fact, they may have done worse, given how Shanahan is able to make magic at RB.

The Jets are the one team where maybe having Cowher or Marty could have made a difference. Both coaches are familiar with the 3-4 defense that the Jets often used this year, and had more experience with subpar and/or aging quarterbacks. I think that the results, though, would not have been substantially better. And that may not have been enough given the tiebreakers in the AFC East this past season.
Cube

UNCEEN

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »
Who cares how much regular season games he's won. How much championships has he helped them win? ... 0 ... regular season records dont mean shit if you dont win in the play-offs.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 06:16:15 AM »
Getting bought out for millions after doing a terrible job is not human cruely it. If it is, please be cruel to me. Be very cruel.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin