Author Topic: New Jersey chosen to host the world's biggest and best sporting event in 2014  (Read 2078 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
NFL fans are always in denial...haha...when was he last time ya'll even saw a rugby or soccer match? joke

to each their own, stick to boring over hyped nfl and we'll continue watching real sports. peace

Jaydc

NFL fans are always in denial...haha...when was he last time ya'll even saw a rugby or soccer match? joke

to each their own, stick to boring over hyped nfl and we'll continue watching real sports. peace

Says the guy who thinks 90 percent of nfl players are fat. ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
stick to boring over hyped nfl

LOLOL, from the mighty Soccer fan.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

Some of my first memories in life are watching Diego score goals against England in 86. I watch a lot of soccer and if it was only about the play on the field I'd agree that soccer>>football, but it's the week leading up to the NFL match that makes me say football>>soccer. There's just so much strategy involved. I spend so much time thinking about what plays should have been called, what game plan should have been put in place, what style of defense should have been used.

There is strategy in soccer but it's not even close to the NFL. An NFL playbook is like a physics text book to the average person. American football is a science as much as it is an art. International football is way more art than science. That doesn't make it worse, that's just why I like NFL better.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Some of my first memories in life are watching Diego score goals against England in 86. I watch a lot of soccer and if it was only about the play on the field I'd agree that soccer>>football, but it's the week leading up to the NFL match that makes me say football>>soccer. There's just so much strategy involved. I spend so much time thinking about what plays should have been called, what game plan should have been put in place, what style of defense should have been used.

There is strategy in soccer but it's not even close to the NFL. An NFL playbook is like a physics text book to the average person. American football is a science as much as it is an art. International football is way more art than science. That doesn't make it worse, that's just why I like NFL better.

I don't know anything about the NFL, what makes it so much science? It's hard to fathom for me. Because I see the dumbest kind of plays in the NBA. Some coaches draw literally dumb plays and make dumb decisions in crucial situations, and also the players can be extremely stupid. Like literally stupid. So, no offense, it's just hard for me to imagine that in the NFL every player went to MIT studying rocket science?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I don't know anything about the NFL, what makes it so much science? It's hard to fathom for me. Because I see the dumbest kind of plays in the NBA. Some coaches draw literally dumb plays and make dumb decisions in crucial situations, and also the players can be extremely stupid. Like literally stupid. So, no offense, it's just hard for me to imagine that in the NFL every player went to MIT studying rocket science?

To even compare the plays in the NBA to the plays in the NFL is absurd. The NFL is about studying game film all week, developing a strategy before the game, then studying patterns and adjusting your strategy mid-game, just as much as a it is about getting open, throwing the pass properly, opening the holes for the runner, and avoiding blocks, or tackling.

It very simply takes more brain power to be Peyton Manning than it does to be Christiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. No one said anything about MIT. I'll even dumb it down; the NFL is community college, but Fifa is grade-school recess; the faster and stronger and more naturally talented get to the top and the smarter don't matter.

And the coaching is at another leve in the NFL. That's why they have so many coaches.

Look at the 07 Patriots for example when they played the New York Giants in week 17. Steve Spagnuolo was the Giants defensive coordinator and all season long he was watching the Patriots and devising the a plan to shut down their offense. The Patriots were a behemoth that year running up and down the field breaking offensive records week after week. But Steve Spagnuolo and Tom Coughlin (the Giants head coach) felt that if they make it to the Superbowl they'll be facing the Patriots and if they show them the defense they've conjured up to beat them the Patriots will be ready for it come Super Bowl time. So they decided to come with another defense; less blitz packages, less up the middle pass rush, more soft coverage in the secondary. They played on the theory that if they keep the ball in front of them they can force the Pats to make mistakes, and the Pats won scoring almost 40 points against that defense.

So when the Superbowl came the Pats felt they had taken the Giants best shot and can just take it again and win, but Spagnuolo took the cat out of the bag and instead of using a defense he made up in one day, he used the defense he'd been working on since week 2 and the Pats didn't know what hit them. They ended up scoring only 14 points, were rushed hit and sacked all game, and lost the championship and the perfect season. And if not for a mental decision 5 weeks prior by the Giants the Pats would have won the championship because they would have been prepared for the defense.

No coach in soccer will ever say "hey Zidane, don't score today. We'll need that goal for the next game". But the Giants defenders were told not to blitz, not to cover tight, and to leave the pocket open, because they didn't want the Patriots to see anything they were going to see when it mattered.

That's why Football is beautiful.

Jaydc

Coaches in the nfl are far and away the most important of all coaches in major sports.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

To even compare the plays in the NBA to the plays in the NFL is absurd. The NFL is about studying game film all week, developing a strategy before the game, then studying patterns and adjusting your strategy mid-game, just as much as a it is about getting open, throwing the pass properly, opening the holes for the runner, and avoiding blocks, or tackling.

It very simply takes more brain power to be Peyton Manning than it does to be Christiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. No one said anything about MIT. I'll even dumb it down; the NFL is community college, but Fifa is grade-school recess; the faster and stronger and more naturally talented get to the top and the smarter don't matter.

And the coaching is at another leve in the NFL. That's why they have so many coaches.

Look at the 07 Patriots for example when they played the New York Giants in week 17. Steve Spagnuolo was the Giants defensive coordinator and all season long he was watching the Patriots and devising the a plan to shut down their offense. The Patriots were a behemoth that year running up and down the field breaking offensive records week after week. But Steve Spagnuolo and Tom Coughlin (the Giants head coach) felt that if they make it to the Superbowl they'll be facing the Patriots and if they show them the defense they've conjured up to beat them the Patriots will be ready for it come Super Bowl time. So they decided to come with another defense; less blitz packages, less up the middle pass rush, more soft coverage in the secondary. They played on the theory that if they keep the ball in front of them they can force the Pats to make mistakes, and the Pats won scoring almost 40 points against that defense.

So when the Superbowl came the Pats felt they had taken the Giants best shot and can just take it again and win, but Spagnuolo took the cat out of the bag and instead of using a defense he made up in one day, he used the defense he'd been working on since week 2 and the Pats didn't know what hit them. They ended up scoring only 14 points, were rushed hit and sacked all game, and lost the championship and the perfect season. And if not for a mental decision 5 weeks prior by the Giants the Pats would have won the championship because they would have been prepared for the defense.

No coach in soccer will ever say "hey Zidane, don't score today. We'll need that goal for the next game". But the Giants defenders were told not to blitz, not to cover tight, and to leave the pocket open, because they didn't want the Patriots to see anything they were going to see when it mattered.

And Shallow enters the debate...

How about this man...we are on the same side for once. Lets not bring up JaMarcus in here....he will only provide ammo for the Soccer/ Rugby fans lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

And Shallow enters the debate...

How about this man...we are on the same side for once. Lets not bring up JaMarcus in here....he will only provide ammo for the Soccer/ Rugby fans lol

Just give him some of those weight loss steroids that Maradonna used back in the day and he'll be alright.

And let me just say this; the best players for the job in the NFL will do a lot better in soccer against soccer players or in rugby against rugby players than the best soccer and rugby players combined will do against NFL players in Football.

A soccer team of a bunch of NFL kickers vs FC Barcelona may be a 12-0 joke, but Peyton Manning will have 12 TDs in the first quarter against the Soccer/Rugby team in football. And in rugby a team of linebackers, Full backs, and running backs might cut it pretty close against rugby's best squad, if they don't outright win.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:13:36 PM by Shallow »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Definitely NFL and College Football is by far the sport that requires the most "tactics" or strategy, but soccer is up there and easily has more tactics than plenty of other sports.  Soccer has had a fairly recent revolution of difference using tactics these days then they did in the 80s and before.  Obviously you don't tell a player to not score, but there are plenty of things that can be said before a game that will prepare you for a match tactically. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Definitely NFL and College Football is by far the sport that requires the most "tactics" or strategy, but soccer is up there and easily has more tactics than plenty of other sports.  Soccer has had a fairly recent revolution of difference using tactics these days then they did in the 80s and before.  Obviously you don't tell a player to not score, but there are plenty of things that can be said before a game that will prepare you for a match tactically. 

I was dreaming about Robben secretly training an attack where he goes from the right side to towards the middle of the field, like always, then suddenly turns to the right again while losing his defenders for a split second, then shooting with his right foot for once in his life, scoring the 1:0 against Inter. That would have been epic.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jaydc

I was dreaming about Robben secretly training an attack where he goes from the right side to towards the middle of the field, like always, then suddenly turns to the right again while losing his defenders for a split second, then shooting with his right foot for once in his life, scoring the 1:0 against Inter. That would have been epic.

i think if your dreaming about dudes feet somethings wrong son.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm not comparing soccer to normal sports in terms of strategy. I'm comparing it the NFL. The worst team in the league can destroy the best team strategically even if the best team outplays them on the field all day. If the game plan is right the best team gets blown out. That cannot happen in soccer. The best team can lose by having a bad day athletically and lose.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!

And let me just say this; the best players for the job in the NFL will do a lot better in soccer against soccer players or in rugby against rugby players than the best soccer and rugby players combined will do against NFL players in Football.

A soccer team of a bunch of NFL kickers vs FC Barcelona may be a 12-0 joke, but Peyton Manning will have 12 TDs in the first quarter against the Soccer/Rugby team in football. And in rugby a team of linebackers, Full backs, and running backs might cut it pretty close against rugby's best squad, if they don't outright win.

^  this has to be the joke of the century

Jaydc

Hip Hop is not dead
it lives in iran

I think this sums up the uselessness of your posts