Author Topic: Memphis' Zach Randolph implicated in Drug Bust  (Read 329 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Memphis' Zach Randolph implicated in Drug Bust
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »
If someone would have offerred something better to Memphis...they would have moved Gasol THERE.

And that's what I'm not so sure about. Why trade your superstar in January in the first place? After Bynum went down and Bryant went into "trade me or I shoot your kids"-mode, they could have EASILY milked the Lakers for more. No question about it.

So youre thinkin they were just doing the Lakers a favor??
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 09:07:23 PM »
If someone would have offerred something better to Memphis...they would have moved Gasol THERE.

And that's what I'm not so sure about. Why trade your superstar in January in the first place? After Bynum went down and Bryant went into "trade me or I shoot your kids"-mode, they could have EASILY milked the Lakers for more. No question about it.

So youre thinkin they were just doing the Lakers a favor??

Not "just". But "also". Jerry West comes to mind...

In many other countries it would be common knowledge that certain Grizzlies-related people were bribed. I don't know how it goes down in America.

Either way, you don't trade your superstar in January when the other team is desperate. Chris Wallace's mother knows that. I assume he does, too.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 11:40:51 PM »
LOL...sorry, but your logic is fuckin dumb on this one, man.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 05:53:32 AM »
LOL...sorry, but your logic is fuckin dumb on this one, man.

How is it dumb?

Fact: The Grizzlies had plenty of time to trade Gasol. PLENTY. There was no point in jumping on the Laker-offer as if it was a very generous one.
Fact: Lakers were desperate as shit. Bynum went down, Kobe went into trade-me-mode.
Fact: Anyone except a bribed person or Laker-Lover would have looked to get more in that kind of situation and not jumped on this trade a month before the trade deadline.
Fact: If you really are all about saving money cause your team ain't shit, you don't get a worse player with a terrible character who has the exact same contract the year after.

It's not even "my" logic. It's just fucking true.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »
^^Its not that its dumb. I dunno...Im just not so suspicious of it. I see where youre comin from...but NIK makes some good points too.  Zach Randolf was considered a very valuable player at the time. Chararcter issues aside. To be honest, at that time Gasol wasnt considered that much greater of a talent then Randolph.  And with the extras Memphis got...it wasnt THAT terrible. In hindsight...of course LA got the better end of the trade. But hindsight is 20/20
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »
LOL, 7even's overexaggeration of the Gasol trade is pure comedy.