Author Topic: Who's got the Suns for tonight?!!  (Read 1067 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: Who's got the Suns for tonight?!!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
both celtics and lakers are gonna win game 6 and we can move on to the finals

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
If you are fine with the fact that changing your pivotal foot and taking 3 steps  not being a travel  well I don't know what to say ...  Frye actually travelled twice in the 4th , Nash aswell ... I don't even speak about the Suns shooting more Fts on our home floor while Lakers get hacked a number of times without any calls...

Yes, the Nash and Frye got away with a travels, but so did Gasol.  Yes, the Suns are shooting more ft's, but the Lakers are mainly shooting long two's (they DID take it to the whole more this game). 

Regardless, SOME Laker fans stay making excuses, even when you WIN!!! 

Fact 1:  Kobe is playing great ball

Fact 2:  Nash is a great player, and even you haters know it

Fact 3:  Kobe stays missing the buzzer beaters, but he is lucky someone is there to clean it up!   This, and the OKC series coulda been very different without Gasol's and Artests buzzer beaters...but that is what good teams do

Fact 3:  The Lakers are clearly the best team in the league when they are on.  So how are the SUns doing this well against them?   Give some credit to the Suns players, quit bitching about the refs.

Go SUns...push it to 7

But, we all know the LEAGUE NEEDS THE LAKERS IN THE FINAL SO THE SUNS REALLY DONTY HAVE A CHANCE ;)

Why in the fuck would someone make an excuse for winning? you're Laker hate is disturbingly unhealthy LOL.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
People keep saying the league "needs Lakers in the finals". Thats absolute nonsense really. If anything the league needs new teams in the final to keep it fresh, there's nothign worse than seeing a 30 team league contested by the same two/three teams every year.

For the record, this series will go with home advantage, Suns winning the next one and Lakers winning game 7 back in LA.

it's especially easy to disregard that as nonsense when you look at how much the Suns have been favored by the refs in the last 3 games...If anything, the league wants to extend the series, cuz a sweep=less games=less money. Tim Donaghy was interviewed before Game 4 and was quoted as saying that the Suns would receive the benefit of the calls in that game, due to the fact that the league wants more games in the WCF.....and what happened in Game 4? LOL.

Anyways, I haven't complained about the refs, cuz clearly, the Lakers are much better than the Suns and there's nothing to really worry about, even if the league does want to make the series more interesting.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »
People keep saying the league "needs Lakers in the finals". Thats absolute nonsense really. If anything the league needs new teams in the final to keep it fresh, there's nothign worse than seeing a 30 team league contested by the same two/three teams every year.

For the record, this series will go with home advantage, Suns winning the next one and Lakers winning game 7 back in LA.

You sound like NIK lol. The league does NOT need new teams in the finals. It doesnt WANT new teams in the finals. It WANTS the Lakers and Celtics. If they could have the Lakers and Knicks they would love that too. The LAST thing the league wants right now is Orlando vs Suns lol. Im not saying the league is creating a Lakers/ Celtics finals. If they go to the finals, its cus they were the two best teams. I just find it funny when Laker fans think there is a conspiracy against them lol. NO league on earth is going to try and keep its most popular team...the team that brings the biggest ratings....out of the finals. Its proven that when the Lakers are in the finals, ratings are higher. When the Yankees are in the World Series, ratings are higher. Leagues obviously want that. Shit...look at Duke in the tournament this year. The NCAA knows that Duke in the final four equals much higher ratings. You can definetely argue that they made that happen. The 4th best #1 seed....ends up with the easiest path in the tourny?

sure they want the Lakers in the finals, but dont put it past the league to do everything in their power to extend a series that would be less interesting without the help of the refs...the league would lose a lot of money if the western conference finals was a boring sweep...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »

You sound like NIK lol. The league does NOT need new teams in the finals. It doesnt WANT new teams in the finals. It WANTS the Lakers and Celtics. If they could have the Lakers and Knicks they would love that too. The LAST thing the league wants right now is Orlando vs Suns lol. Im not saying the league is creating a Lakers/ Celtics finals. If they go to the finals, its cus they were the two best teams. I just find it funny when Laker fans think there is a conspiracy against them lol. NO league on earth is going to try and keep its most popular team...the team that brings the biggest ratings....out of the finals. Its proven that when the Lakers are in the finals, ratings are higher. When the Yankees are in the World Series, ratings are higher. Leagues obviously want that. Shit...look at Duke in the tournament this year. The NCAA knows that Duke in the final four equals much higher ratings. You can definetely argue that they made that happen. The 4th best #1 seed....ends up with the easiest path in the tourny?

sure they want the Lakers in the finals, but dont put it past the league to do everything in their power to extend a series that would be less interesting without the help of the refs...the league would lose a lot of money if the western conference finals was a boring sweep...PeACe

You know you were sweating when your boy tossed up that airball, juswt like you were wqhen your boy missed at the buzzer against the Thunder.   NOw you come in here acting all hiugh and mighty!

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

You know you were sweating when your boy tossed up that airball, juswt like you were wqhen your boy missed at the buzzer against the Thunder.   NOw you come in here acting all hiugh and mighty!

sweating? there was a split second between Kobe missing and Artest making it...when did I have time to sweat? you're trying too hard, man. LOL.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »

Ive gotten over the whole conspiracy thing man. I think with what has gone on with the league the last few years...referee scandals and what not, this is going to be a time where they are LEAST likely to pull that shit. They would be ruined if something else were to surface. Not to mention, if they wanted to do that...basically, the more games the better. For the entire playoffs. We would be seeing 6 and 7 game series every round. There is no WAY they would have let the Suns sweep the Spurs, as that was a pretty anticipated series given their history. And they would not have let the Lakers sweep the Jazz either.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »

Ive gotten over the whole conspiracy thing man. I think with what has gone on with the league the last few years...referee scandals and what not, this is going to be a time where they are LEAST likely to pull that shit. They would be ruined if something else were to surface. Not to mention, if they wanted to do that...basically, the more games the better. For the entire playoffs. We would be seeing 6 and 7 game series every round. There is no WAY they would have let the Suns sweep the Spurs, as that was a pretty anticipated series given their history. And they would not have let the Lakers sweep the Jazz either.

Of course it can't be proven, but this is actually a very common belief amongst many, and sometimes, the way the games play out really makes you wonder if all the conspiracy theories hold some merit. The last three games have all seemingly been officiated in Phoenix's favor, and you can't really argue that.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 01:13:31 PM »
^Tim Donaghy admitted that they fixed the Lakers/Kings Western Conference Finals Series years back.

why would the league go against them now?

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Of course it can't be proven, but this is actually a very common belief amongst many, and sometimes, the way the games play out really makes you wonder if all the conspiracy theories hold some merit. The last three games have all seemingly been officiated in Phoenix's favor, and you can't really argue that.

If you watch a game assuming there is some sort of conspiracy theory stuff going on...you will find it. Its psycological. There are people out there who think that when a player is 10 for 10 from the line....and goes to the line again, if the announcer says "he's perfect from the line" somehow that announcer has just jinxed the player and when he misses...its the announcers fault lol.  Again, I dont see any way the league would do something like that...especially NOW. And if they did, we would be watching the finals at the end of June cus every series would go 7 games lol. We got swept by the Suns...and I dont blame the refs. The Suns just fuckin beat us. You guys beat the Jazz. I dont think that the refs made you guys win. You guys just fuckin beat them.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »
^Tim Donaghy admitted that they fixed the Lakers/Kings Western Conference Finals Series years back.

Have you ever listened to Donaghy talk about that shit? Its always kinda sketchy to me anyways. I dont put it PAST the league. But he always says that shit was "implied". Not that they ever received direct orders to extend a series.  I dunno, I was just listening to an interview with him on the radio the other day. And he could never give a strait answer about them being TOLD to extend a series or fix a game. It was always that his bosses hinted at it lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 02:00:47 PM »

Have you ever listened to Donaghy talk about that shit? Its always kinda sketchy to me anyways. I dont put it PAST the league. But he always says that shit was "implied". Not that they ever received direct orders to extend a series.  I dunno, I was just listening to an interview with him on the radio the other day. And he could never give a strait answer about them being TOLD to extend a series or fix a game. It was always that his bosses hinted at it lol.

pretty sure i heard him in an interview say specifically that Dick Bavetta was Stern's "go to" ref & made some bullshit calls in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals between the Lakers & Kings because the Lakers were going to draw much bigger ratings.

it's all pretty ridiculous, the NBA is so corrupt to begin with; you got game rules like traveling, carrying, etc. & the refs call them when they feel like it, because one of the rules is violated on just about every possesion.

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »

pretty sure i heard him in an interview say specifically that Dick Bavetta was Stern's "go to" ref & made some bullshit calls in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals between the Lakers & Kings because the Lakers were going to draw much bigger ratings.

it's all pretty ridiculous, the NBA is so corrupt to begin with; you got game rules like traveling, carrying, etc. & the refs call them when they feel like it, because one of the rules is violated on just about every possesion.

true. But you can say the same for holding and pass interference in football. Holding happens on every single play, and pass interference can be called 20 times a game...and you could justify it lol. Imagine watching a game where they called traveling every time it actually happened lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »

true. But you can say the same for holding and pass interference in football. Holding happens on every single play, and pass interference can be called 20 times a game...and you could justify it lol. Imagine watching a game where they called traveling every time it actually happened lol.

true that, but it seems like the refs just do whatever they feel like, things are a foul sometimes & then they "let them play" at other times.

it's so stupid. :rant:

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »

true that, but it seems like the refs just do whatever they feel like, things are a foul sometimes & then they "let them play" at other times.

it's so stupid. :rant:

I think the refs in basketball...more then any other sport in America, are under a ton of pressure. They have to balance out calling the game effectively...and keeping the action exciting. The nature of basketball...is that fans and cameras can see EVERYTHING. You can see a defenders middle finger slap a bead of sweat off of a shooters arm with replay. And in Basketball with the smaller court its so easy for cameramen to get those close up shots which they replay over and over to show referee mistakes. Its easy for us as fans...watching on tv to judge. When youre on that court tho, its GOTTA be tough. Players are so big on this tiny court...bodies bumping into eachother on every play....they COULD truly call a foul on every single possession. But then fans would be pissed cus it would be boring. If they decide to let them play more....the players and coaches complain. And then the fans complain as well. One thing ive noticed over the years....fans complain no matter WHAT the refs do. Unless...they call a foul on the team that YOUR team is playing against. If they do that...THEN, they are doing a good job lol.