Author Topic: Recovery is for suckers  (Read 682 times)

Bananas

Re: Recovery is for suckers
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »
It's not a good look cosigning byron crawford all the time jaydc. this guy is the flamboyant gay restaurant critic of hip hop.

Jaydc

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 01:31:22 AM »
It's not a good look cosigning byron crawford all the time jaydc. this guy is the flamboyant gay restaurant critic of hip hop.

lol,you agreed hes one of the best on the inter web so where you do you fit in?no homo?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »
The more I hear not afriad the less I like it.People are praising it because its not the same eminem single that he always drops but that took what 6 tries to do?Thats not something to applaud.The beat is trash,it sounds like some soundclick shit,its seriously one of the worst beats Ive heard all year.Notice how not one person has jumped on the beat to spit on?The chorus is horrendous the only saving grace is the verses.

You don't like the beat?   Or the chorus?   Wtf man...  Go listen to that shit on headphones and walk in the rain.. You'll see the light!

Corny hook?  This is as real as you can get, humble yourselves, shit.  This is hope music.   The message of this song easily shits on any single that came out since Live Your Life  by T.I.

"you aint feel what the pencil scripts, 9 times outta 10 u aint been thru shit" -Joe Budden

Really? It just couldn't be I thought it was corny and I'm not feeling it?  NO!  That's too absurd!

In the words of Common,

If I don't like it, I don't like it, that don't mean that I'm hating

I'm glad he released this single instead of We Made You material.  This at least might motivate somebody but it doesn't work for me.  

YOU LIKED ENCORE...  Of course you think grown man music is absurd...

Elano

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:26 AM »
nice copy and paste thread  :D

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
nice copy and paste thread  :D

Why are you stalking me thread to thread elano

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 02:21:09 AM »
The more I hear not afriad the less I like it.People are praising it because its not the same eminem single that he always drops but that took what 6 tries to do?Thats not something to applaud.The beat is trash,it sounds like some soundclick shit,its seriously one of the worst beats Ive heard all year.Notice how not one person has jumped on the beat to spit on?The chorus is horrendous the only saving grace is the verses.

actually its pretty much Beautiful part two. Em saw people didn't like his more silly songs this time around so he's trying to do whatever will appeal , ie. serious, inspirational type music. I think the hook is corny as well, but seriously, lol @ the writer thinking adding Drake would make the song better.

I kinda agree with the article, but at the same time the guy comes across as kind of a bitch.

Jaydc

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 02:22:46 AM »
he actually bashs on drake all the time lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »

You don't like the beat?   Or the chorus?   Wtf man...  Go listen to that shit on headphones and walk in the rain.. You'll see the light!

Corny hook?  This is as real as you can get, humble yourselves, shit.  This is hope music.   The message of this song easily shits on any single that came out since Live Your Life  by T.I.

"you aint feel what the pencil scripts, 9 times outta 10 u aint been thru shit" -Joe Budden
headphones won't make a difference, the beat stinks regardless.

Jaydc

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:28 AM »
For the record I listened to the song in my beats by dre headphones and it only amplfies how bad the beat is.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 03:05:03 AM »
I think this could very well be some of the dumbest and most pointless shit I've ever read. I particularly like how he's convinced he has some great understanding of "the white man's psyche" because he listened to Eminem's production skills and had a white friend in high school. It's almost like he's trying to do the Chris Rock thing but nobody's had the heart to tell him he really isn't funny. I'm reading this article and wondering if he's doing a critique of Eminem or auditioning to be a writer for Carlos Menicina. "Hey, you ever notice how white people want to do everything for themselves?". Well, sort of. This is the kind of characteristic most people tend to pick up when they leave that stage of their life called adolesence. 

Lucifuge

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 03:33:52 AM »
"when I was
Underground, no one gave a fuck I was white, no labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up" so fuck that white black shit
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 06:10:18 AM »
For the record I listened to the song in my beats by dre headphones and it only amplfies how bad the beat is.

I kinda feel that Dre or Khalil or someone should've added their drums or just replace the original drums..

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
the way I did the new National album. Which was so worth it, btw.

ahahahah the national is like THE canon band for boring white ppl in their late 20s + 30s

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 10:28:20 AM »
"when I was
Underground, no one gave a fuck I was white, no labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up" so fuck that white black shit

The whole spiel about an industry conspiracy is bullshit, but you'd have to be blind not to see that Em's huge popularity is because of his skin color. I mean the majority of hip hop's fan base is white and they all ride harder for duke than anyone else. Just look at Benzino, what other rapper do you know of who's career and respect was completely destroyed because of a beef? The guy was just an average rapper and now he's known as the worst rapper alive with even less respect than Soulja Boy. And now the same shit is probably going to happen to Jay Electronica, an actually good rapper.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »
The whole spiel about an industry conspiracy is bullshit, but you'd have to be blind not to see that Em's huge popularity is because of his skin color. I mean the majority of hip hop's fan base is white and they all ride harder for duke than anyone else. Just look at Benzino, what other rapper do you know of who's career and respect was completely destroyed because of a beef? The guy was just an average rapper and now he's known as the worst rapper alive with even less respect than Soulja Boy. And now the same shit is probably going to happen to Jay Electronica, an actually good rapper.
Being a white MC that is actually credible definitely helped Eminem sell some records but I don't think Benzino's downfall was as much a product of his feud with Em as the decisions he made during that feud. Being outsted from The Source was really what did him in. As a rapper, he never got much coverage outside of his own magazine and even in his hometown of Boston, they never played his or his group's music much on the radio. Most people knew about him because he had clout with the most well-known hip-hop magazine in the country. He'd always get featured in there, there were constant ads, and I believe he was always featured on every one of their compilation projects in some form or another. His feud with Em brought a lot of his dealings to the forefront and people who otherwise didn't know or wouldn't have cared were now in the know. I don't think the damage on his career would have been as bad if his career wasn't so reliant on his connection to The Source. That magazine took a pummeling because they chose to ride with Benzino. This had two very costly results. Not only would Interscope and several of its business partners pull their advertising dollars out but they lost out on getting exclusives with Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, and everyone under that umbrella at a time when G-Unit was the hottest thing in music. This allowed XXL to capitalize by constantly snagging them for covers.

I can't quite say it was all the result of him dissing Eminem. It wasn't as though Benzino was a hugely popular rapper before 2003 so it's not like Kanye pulling the mic out of the girl's hand at the VMA's. He actually sold quite well off the strength of the Em feud at first. I think once it died out, people weren't genuinely interested in what he had to say as an MC and pairing that with the fact that he no longer had The Source in his corner, it was all over. I don't think Jay Electronica is in any danger of facing the same fate.