Author Topic: Thank You San Francisco!  (Read 160 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thank You San Francisco!
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
Picked up Fred Lewis from them for only $75K and he only makes $455k this year.  He's already been worth the money.   
Turns out to be a pretty quality lead off man with speed.  Batting .309 right now, a good OPS for a lead off guy.  3 for 3 tonight, triple shy of the cycle.  Certain a very low risk move paying off.   

I love the new Jays GM, making some great moves so far.  They even dumped a useless Eveland and got a decent pitching prospect in return from the Pirates, waaaay better than I expected. 

Lunatic

Re: Thank You San Francisco!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
Anthopoulous is impressing indeed. Fred Lewis has been an amazing pickup. He's a solid hitter, not powerful but a consistent hitter. Perfect lead off man with a great average.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc

Re: Thank You San Francisco!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
he reminds me a lot of kenny lofton.

Anyway,jets need a closer.Gregg is not the guy,he seems mentally weak and im not just saying that because of yesterday but everytime I see him come out I cringe.He walks wayyyyyy too many people to be a closer.This is two games lost in less then two weeks because of him walking batters.Walking people in with the bases loaded within two weeks of eachother is a really bad sign.

Jason frasor isnt going to cut it either.The blue jays pen hasnt been very good this season where as it was the strength the previous couple seasons.